Israel, new subscribers, etc.

Adina Lebowitz

Nov 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/16/95
Hello (again). I'm back after a year off the list. I once again have an
Internet account thanks to a new employer. I made a major change in my
worklife (writing software) after an incredible experience at the Aleph
Kallah. I had the opportunity to take a course with Judith HaLevy. She is
just fabulous.

Anyway, I'm into doing/creating women's ritual. I led my first Jewish
'Blessing Way' ceremony on Sunday (a ritual for preparing a woman for birth
popular among homebirthers and traditional cultures). My friend's labor
started two days later and yesterday she had the most amazingly beautiful
birth of boy and girl twins.

And what about peace? Leave it to the midwives. My friend was attended by
a Mormon midwife who is married to a Palestinian Arab. This midwife has
caught babies all over the world and here she was attending a Jewish birth
in St. Paul, MN! We talked about Rabin, orange groves in Lydda (Lod),
mountains of Moab (from both sides of the Dead Sea), Naomi and Ruth, books,
cooking, and, of course, babies. All of us want peace for our children.

If you have similar interests or experiences, please send me e-mail.

Adina

- --
Adina Lebowitz 612/687-6152
aleb...@research.westlaw.com