Hubcap Grill Beer & Burger Garden coming to the Heights (Shady Acres)

Sam Jow

Oct 21, 2010, 7:30:31 PM10/21/10
to Shady News, Shadyacres civic club
Last night, Hubcap Grill announced on its twitter feed:

"Coming soon to the Heights. Hubcap Burgers and Beer Garden. Live bands on weekends ( classic Texas rock ) Texas beers"

A number of the feeds followers wanted details, but the owner said he'd announce on Monday.

But...about an hour ago:

"It's official: @hubcap_grill just signed lease for a space on 19th St. in the Heights near Cedar Creek. Hubcap Burgers & Beer Garden. Woohoo!"

Any one care to speculate as to where on 19th. This sounds like an interesting addition to the neighborhood. Their burgers are considered some of the best in town. Last night, he stated it would be open in two months.

Aaron Reyes

Oct 22, 2010, 3:45:15 PM10/22/10
to Shady Acres Civic Club
Live bands? I don't think i am ok with this. Will the civic club work
with the owners to ensure the residents interests are being voiced?

Brandon

Oct 29, 2010, 9:35:43 PM10/29/10
to Shady Acres Civic Club
One of the qualities people look for now in neighborhoods is
"walkability." The ability to have restaurants and activities within
walking distance of residencies adds to the value of the area as a
whole. Hubcap Grill is a local, acclaimed business interested in
investing in our neighborhood. At this point, we have very little
details of what is planned.

Is it better to fight an idea and keep out a potential asset to the
area or welcome the business in and work with the owner to build
something that benefits everyone?

I remember an optimistic rendering from a past Shady Acres Civic Club
meeting where 19th street west of Durham was proposed as an
entertainment/retail extension of 19th east of Durham.