Awesome 2010 SF League Final Night

Gustavo Pesce

Sep 29, 2010, 11:32:19 AM9/29/10
to San Francisco Underwater Hockey google group
Hi there - Ditto, great job Sean! The list of great things that this league brought to the club is endless: great hockey games during the league, great 1 hour of practice after the league, Marc V and Renata came to practice like 4 times, people came to play despite being sick, tired, having to be at work or it being their wedding anniversary (true!), awesome Club Puckers played with us, my team lost every single game (a welcome lesson in humility, or humiliation?), Jakub got a chance to learn the rules of underwater hockey and for once we played hockey for every minute of our cherished pool time.

And to top it off Sean cooked dinner for everybody (with no help that I know off) and served it at Joey's. During dinner Sean promised to organize a league every couple months. Big cheers for Sean!

We gave a CamelBak/ Sea Lions T-shirt to all players at the party and bottles to whomever didn't already have one. See the attached pics. Nice fitted black shirts, female shirts are actual female shirts. I have shirts for everybody else in the club or so, I'll bring them to practice at King and give them out while supplies last.

All this for no additional charge over the customary $5 per practice if paid in advance.

Go Sea Lions!

Gus

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 6:42 AM, mrodriguez <mrodr...@cahill-sf.com> wrote:

Sean, great league let’s plan another one. I mean you.

 GREAT JOB!!!

Thanks again,

                            Manny

Sep 29, 2010, 11:50:24 AM9/29/10
to Gustavo Pesce, San Francisco Underwater Hockey google group

Ditto, Sean did a great job with the league and the dinner at Joey’s club, his pig and beans were the best.  Ummm! And thank you also Gus for the work you do with CamelBak, hauling the shirts and bottles around to make sure everyone gets one.  The SF Sea Lions are great.

image002.jpg
image001.jpg

Sean Avent

Sep 30, 2010, 2:55:34 PM9/30/10
to San Francisco Underwater Hockey google group, Clubpuck
I really think that the club participation is what made this so successful. Thanks to all who participated, especially those who did their fair share of reffing and to those driving up from south bay to be a part of the league.

I hope another league comes to fruition. Gus, in one of his bewildered and psychotic states, was wrong in his assumption that I'll organize a league every couple months.  In fact, what I said was that I'd act as an advisor to the next person who is willing to put in the time and effort to have another league.  I really hope this doesn't go the way of the last league I organized in San Jose (as in it never happens again), but I've got very limited time and there are 2 dozen players who participated in this event, so I hope one of them could step forward and organize the next league - maybe as a prep for the California tournament or in January? Please let me the Club officers know if you'd like to have another league and if you'd be willing to organize, or at least help. The template is made and kinks have been mainly worked out, so all you need to do is run it.

And Gus, I know i'm not of the majority in saying this, but I think a team and its players can benefit from losing even moreso that winning.  It's hard to identify things you need to work on if you win all the time. But remember that your team came within a point of winning at least a couple games, right?

I'll be sending out a questionnaire to the team and league players to get more input on what worked and what didn't during the league.

Again, thanks to all for a great time.

Sean

Gustavo Pesce

Sep 30, 2010, 3:12:09 PM9/30/10
to San Francisco Underwater Hockey google group
Sean - You crack me up. Another upside of this league! I was just
kidding, Sean said like 20 times at the party that someone else needs
to organize the next league.

Can we fit one in October-November? Let's look at the calendar people,
we need to do surveys for players.

Gus