Thank you SFR for another beautiful 200k

Ely

Jan 25, 2010, 12:49:04 PM1/25/10
to San Francisco Randonneurs
First, thank you to Rob and all of the SFR volunteers working the
controls.

This was my second brevet. I've completed the Pt. Reyes 200k twice.
Although the route was exactly the same, it was a totally different
experience.

After looking at everyone's pictures and reading their reports. So
many good memories came back.
The rainbow was the biggest and most beautiful one I've seen in a long
time.
I felt like I was back in Hawaii, touring around with my wife on our
bikes during our honeymoon.
I met so many cool people and loved the company. A lot of
conversations could have been a lot longer if it weren't for my legs
giving out in Pt. Reyes as I chatted with the tandem crew, or my chain
breaking 3 freakin' times in Pt. Reyes, as I rode with a woman from
Colorado, or my rear fender bolt rattling off after the clam chowder
control (can we call it this for now on?).

Riding the last few hours with Mike on a fixed gear saved my booty and
my sanity.

Even with the mechanical problems, rain and wet roads, I wouldn't want
to change a thing. It was really a perfect ride.

Thank you for another wonderful 200k. I hope to complete many more.

-Ely

PS-I skipped breakfast before the ride, but I packed a few slices of
bacon and some boiled eggs in my handlebar bag and it was AWESOME!

Rob Hawks

Jan 25, 2010, 2:30:27 PM1/25/10
to SF Randonneurs
Lane asked me to forward this as his account is not behaving properly.