Festival and Strategy Conference, Sat/Sun Dec 3rd/4th, and Other Events

SF911Truth

Nov 30, 2005, 7:25:15 PM11/30/05
to sf911truth-events
Dear 9-11 Truth Activists,

The 911 Truth Festival and Strategy Conference is gathering steam for
this weekend, December 3rd-4th, on the second floor of the Veterans War
Memorial in San Francisco. Saturday's fesitivites and presentations
begin a 1pm, and go on into the night. And Sunday we will begin early
at 10am with the serious strategy and planning conference.
We hope you can all make it!
Please bring whatever you want to share.

The last planning meeting for the Festival and Conference is tomorrow,
Thurday, December 1st at the War Memorial in San Francisco. We need
more volunteers to help set-up the weekend's events.
Please come! We had record numbers at our last meeting. Let's bring
even more on Thursday.

#1 - December 1st : Northern California 9-11 Truth Organizing Meeting,
(War Memorial Building, 7-10pm)

--- 911 TRUTH FESTIVAL AND STRATEGY CONFERENCE ---

#2 - December 3rd : 911 Truth Festival (War Memorial Building, 1-5pm
and beyond..)
#3 - December 4th : 911 Movement Strategy Conference (War Memorial
Building, 10am-5pm)

--- 911 TRUTH FESTIVAL AND STRATEGY CONFERENCE ---

#4 - December 7th : Listening For a Change (Palo Alto, Lytton Plaza,
11am-1pm)

#5 - December 15th : Northern California 9-11 Truth Organizing Meeting,
(War Memorial Building, 7-10pm)

Details on events posted at
http://www.communitycurrency.org/9-11.html#EVENTS.

---

1. Northern California 9-11 Truth Organizing Meeting

Thursday, December 1, 7:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m.
401 Van Ness Ave., War Memorial Building- Room 219, San
Francisco,

9-11 Truth Alliance info/events line 1-866-268-2320

---

2. 911 Truth Festival

Saturday, December 3rd, 2005
1:00pm - 5:00pm
followed by informal gathering
(Strategy Session Sunday - see below)

Veterans War Memorial, 2nd Floor,
401 Van Ness Avenue (Across from City Hall)

-- FREE TO THE PUBLIC --
-- FREE FOOD and DRINK --

.. PRESENTATIONS ..

Abdelmalik Ali - "9/11 and the War on Islam"
Carol Brouillet - "Where We Are Now in the 911 Truth Movement, Our
Next Steps"
Ken Jenkins - "Overcoming Psychological Barriers around 9/11"
Pat Gray - "Challenges in Running for Congress as a Green
Party Member on an Anti-War Platform"
Christian Pecaut - "Why the Democrats/Greens/Anti-War Movement Need
to Expose 9/11"
Frank Runninghorse - "CIA Jihad: Mohamed the American"

.. FILMS ..

Two Premieres!
David Ray Griffin
"Omissions and Distortions in The 9/11 Commission Report: A Significant
Pattern"
This is testimony from Sept 23rd at the Cynthia McKinney hearings on
9/11 in DC.

David Ray Griffin w/ - Revised interview from "9/11 and the American
Empire"
Bonnie Faulkner and David answers questions historical events that
parallel 9/11.
Presented by Producer, Ken Jenkins

Other films to be announced.

Come for the presentations and films, stay for the discussion, food,
drinks, and fun!

Bring anything that you want to share.

DIRECTIONS: Near Civic Center BART, Across from City Hall, the 2nd
Floor of the Veterans War Memorial.

Brief Biographies of Scheduled Presenters:

Abdelmalik Ali is the Amir of the Masjid al Islam Mosque in Oakland.

Carol Brouillet is the producer of Deception Dollars,
www.deceptiondollar.com, an activists for local currencies, resisting
the FTAA, World Bank, WTO, and a diligent mother of three boys. She is
the producer of a new DVD, "Behind Every Terrorist There is a Bush",
available through www.communitycurrency.org.

Pat Gray ran for Congress with the Green Party on an anti-war platform
against Tom Lantos in the San Mateo 12th Congressional District.

Christian Pecaut recently graduated from Stanford University, where he
created classes that challenged the university's pro-war policies. He
maintains www.imaginenine.com, home of Paradigm from California.

Frank Runninghorse is a long time revolutionary activist, who worked
with Rosa Parks, is active with the Peace and Freedom Party, and is a
founding member of the Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance.

Ken Jenkins is a 9/11 activist, psychologist, visionary artist, and
videographer. He created 'Perspective on 9/11', which excerpts from the
best 9/11 DVDs. He was also an organizer for the 9-11 International
Inquiry in San Francisco.

---

3. 9/11 Strategy Conference

Sunday, December 4th, 2005

10:00am - 1:00pm
Brainstorm -- Gathering people's best ideas..

1:00pm - 5:00pm, followed by informal gathering
Strategy Discussion -- Creating the Big Picture..

Veterans War Memorial Building, 2nd Floor, 401 Van Ness Ave., San
Francisco (Right across from City Hall, Near Civic Center BART)

On Sunday, after hearing presentations, watching some movies and
discussing the day before, we will hold an organized planning session.

First, we will work to gather a comprehensive set of strategies for
the 911 Truth Movement, problems we have faced that we want to figure
out, and the best ideas that our participants have to succeed and
overcome these obstacles.

Second, these ideas will be typed, printed, and arranged on the wall
in The Big Picture. The process will involve determining which of the
strategies will best succeed, and coming up with solutions to the
problems our movement has faced, as well as deciding on our medium and
long term strategy for action.

At 2:00pm - 3:30pm Susan Strong will facilitate a planning session on
'articulating our message' and putting it into a form that will reach
the widest, most decisive audience.

SHORT LIST OF TOPICS WE WILL WORK ON
---------------------------------------
How can we bring together the 911 Truth Movement and the Anti-War
Movement?
Why is most of the anti-war movement still loyal to the 911 Lie?

How can we raise the visibility of the 911 issue by running for elected
office?

How can the 911 Movement prevent delberate government misinformation
from dividing our movement and confusing the public?
How can we take advantage of the all-time high in public perception of
Bush administration lies and criminality?

Who do we need to focus our outreach on? Fellow activists still loyal
to the 911 Lie? Alternative Media? Mass Media? Youth? Democrats?
Which group is the most decisive one to fully expose 911?

What mistakes have we made in the past, and how do we not make them
anymore?

Questions about the event? Call 415-573-5655. Email
workoutw...@gmail.com

---

4. Listening for a Change- Every Wednesday 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.,
Lytton Plaza, Palo Alto (University x Emerson)

Since October 2001, every Wednesday, except when it is raining; I
have set up tables, banners, chairs, food, educational material, and
created a space for public dialogue on key issues. We ask the public
three questions and write down their responses-

What do you think/feel about the events of September 11th
and the U.S. government's response?

How could we defuse terrorism?"

How could we create a safer/better world for our children
and all children?

Sponsored by Women's International League for Peace and Freedom,
Peninsula Branch. All welcome. For more information call Carol

Brouillet 650-857-0927.

---

5. Northern California 9-11 Truth Alliance Meeting

Thursday, November 17, 2005
at The Grand Lake Neighborhood Center 530 Lake Park
Avenue,(between Lakeshore Avenue and Grand Avenue) in Oakland
7:00 p.m. to 10:00p.m.

Directions-
From Hwy. 580 East (coming from the Bay Bridge or
Berkeley), take the Grand Ave./Lakeshore exit (the exit ramp merges
into MacArthur which intersects with Grand at the light), make a left
at the light onto Grand, make a right onto Lake Park Ave. (the Grand
Lake Theater will be on the corner on your far right). Go about a
block, past the BofA, which will be on your left, and the GLNC will
also be on your left. Park on the street or turn right into free public
parking under the freeway.

From Hwy. 580 West (coming from Hayward), take the
Lakeshore Ave. exit (get as far to the right when approaching the exit
before, the Harrison/Oakland exit, then continue moving to the right).
When you exit Lakshore Ave., you will be on Lake Park. Go straight at
the light (you'll see an OMNI store in front of you to the right),
crossing Lakeshore Ave. The GLNC will be a few storefronts down on
your right. Park on the street or turn left into free public parking
under the freeway across from GLNC. If you cross Grand Ave. (and the
theater) you've gone too far.

9-11 Truth Alliance info/events line 1-866-268-2320

---

Join our discussion group at:

http://groups.google.com/group/sf911truth

To have organized conversations about these events, news items, and
overall systemic political change strategy.