site down, or location changed?

Amar Pai

Jul 9, 2009, 5:03:05 PM7/9/09
to bikem...@mtc.ca.gov, sf-bike...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm getting the error below when I hit http://bikemapper.mtc.ca.gov/BikeMapper/index.jsp.  Is it still up and running?  Or has it moved location?

Also, I was wondering if you guys are still working on a turn by turn bike mapper for SF & beyond.  I've been updating & refining my own planner (http://amarpai.com/bikemap) but am somewhat hampered by lack of up-to-date shapefiles for SF bike network, street orientations, etc.  Best guess at the moment is, I'll need to take the TIGER data published on your site and get somebody who knows GIS to help me conflate that bike graph w/ street network, then use that to rebuild routing graph.  Given that the city recently approved 45 new bike network improvements though, even the data on your site's gonna be out of date soon.

I emailed the GIS guys at sfgov.org and they weren't sure who if anybody will be updating or publishing new shapefiles for SF.  If you have any ideas or suggestions, they would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Amar Pai

Error 500--Internal Server Error

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

--
"I don't walk, I get CARRIED" -- ODB (RIP)