Question about Link Building

Keny Gomez

Aug 9, 2013, 5:17:03 AM8/9/13
to se...@googlegroups.com
I've read that Google doesn't give credit to Reciprocal Link Building as it does not indicate genuine link popularity. Then the question is, what happens when, for instance, a web development company has links that point to their clients' websites (as part of their portfolio) and on those clients' websites there is a link in the footer pointing to the development company? is that seen as good/bad practice? I'd like to hear your opinions, thanks.

Google expert Michael Wilson

Aug 10, 2013, 9:10:00 AM8/10/13
to se...@googlegroups.com
In the old days if get an ear full from the other big seo's ... They said you never share your link juice.... And I didn't. Unless I was sure it was a good site that would follow googles ways. I could not vouch for every client as they move on... I use no follow links out. And yes I would ask for a link in the footer to publicize my firm. It was the way of the Wild West

Michael Wilson

Sent from a Google hub somewhere in California.

"Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they
never give up." - John Willard Marriott