Looks like a google penalty but no reason given

Tomer Gal

Oct 16, 2013, 5:31:09 PM10/16/13
to se...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
First I'd like to say that I'm no SEO expert and I have a little knowledge in anything regard it.

My website - http://www.metaclock.com was the 4th result for the search term "online alarm clock" (in any country and language I checked - mostly english) and other keywords
but for a week now it's went directly to the second page!

I didn't touch the website for more than a year (I don't really need to change it, as it's only give free service to people who enter)
In my Webmaster Tools it tells me that my website is having "Big traffic change for top URL" , but no message or e-mail was given of any penalty what so ever.

Yes, I've heard that google changed something in their algorithm a week ago but the current situation doesn't even make sense to me,
websites ranked way below me went to be first results while I got to the second page, I was the 4th or 5th result for search term "online alarm clock" for years,
and now I got way below while one of the new top sites doesn't even have a homepage (I got a 404 page) and another is a just a flash (.flv) file - as I said, I'm really novice to SEO but this really doesn't make sense to me.

I'm really frustrated. I hope someone can help me.

Thank you

trooperbill

Nov 4, 2013, 11:31:26 AM11/4/13
to se...@googlegroups.com
We had Panda 2.1 recently which is a content algorithm. Maybe your test needs to be re-written to be more helpful?

Mark

Brenda housemaster

Nov 8, 2013, 10:46:16 AM11/8/13
to se...@googlegroups.com

They moderators filter anything negative about Google's Brand because they are in damage control... If they approved every message people would see the unbelievable outrage in the SEO community. Google is shameless. They are destroying rankings based on backlink profiles. I could destroy anyones ranking with little effort by deploying bad backlinks to their website. Google does not care. They want their CPC to go up. Instead of doing what is right (auto disavow or do not give any credit to nonsense back links) they PENALIZE websites for it. There are thousands of SEO experts that see Google for what they are now. A monopoly that is capitalizing on destroying rankings to stuff their pockets through PPC. If they think no one notices, they are sadly mistaken. Businesses are far better off doing other marketing and not relying so heavily on Google. Google's reputation has been severely damaged.