Optimizing My Page Names

Arcadia HealthCare

May 24, 2012, 4:39:03 PM5/24/12
to se...@googlegroups.com
I want to optimize my page file names for Google.  What I was thinking of doing is using 301 redirects from the old page names to the new page names.  I also use Google Analytics so this change will royally mess up my traffic reports.  I was thinking of manually sending the old page names to Google Analytics so that it continues to work properly.  I realize that will make following the traffic reports harder, but it will keep everything in tact.  Also, I was thinking of starting to use a sitemap after I am done with all of this.  I already have it created but I have to submit it to Google.

Am I going about this the right way?