Site architecture concerns and Wordpress

瀏覽次數:3 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Maverick

未讀,
2013年7月1日 上午9:56:482013/7/1
收件者:se...@googlegroups.com
Hey fellow webmasters/SEO's,

I'm working on a website built with Wordpress and Buddypress. The url structure is becoming a major headache and I need a little clarity.

It's a mobile content website and currently I have several custom post types i.e. Apps, Games and Wallpapers.

Using taxonomies we also have brands, models and categories. The structure is something like this:

/apps/ (aim to rank for apps)
/apps/apple/ (aim to rank for Apple apps)
/apps/apple/iphone-5/ (aim to rank for iPhone 5 apps)
/apps/apple/iphone-5/business/ (aim to rank for iPhone 5 business apps)

Is this OTT?

I wanted the actual product pages to be top level, but Wordpress doesn't like removing the custom post type as it cannot then check it's a unique name, so I'm going with /apps/an-example-app/. Is this ok? Seeing as we have the multi-faceted navigation. But there will only ever be a single URL for the product page, not multiple. Regardless of how you arrive there, the url will always be /apps/an-example-app/

Perhaps a structure like this for the taxonomies:

/apps/?apple+iphone5+business

But that would likely mean if no model is selected we'd need to use

/apps/?all-brands+all-models+business which in itself feels a little clumsy.

Would it be better to just noindex the taxonomies and focus on ranking the product pages?

Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄