SEO Help

Brandon Lipani

Sep 12, 2013, 9:52:44 AM9/12/13
to se...@googlegroups.com
Just wondering why my website with over 10,000 hits a month is still at page rank of 2. My site http://thetechnologygeek.org is a wordpress site with podpress and simple machine forums which all are indexed by google I have strong backlinks but yet I just can not get passed a page 2 ranking. Even my podcast does very well even though I know that has nothing to do with page ranking I still have lots of traffic. Not sure why I am struggling with this page 2 ranking. Does anyone have any ideas?

Google Expert Michael Wilson

Sep 14, 2013, 8:52:46 AM9/14/13
to se...@googlegroups.com
thats a easy one. on the index page alone you have like 10 h1 tags

you should only have 1 those are all H2 s

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Brandon Lipani <helix...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just wondering why my website with over 10,000 hits a month is still at page rank of 2. My site http://thetechnologygeek.org is a wordpress site with podpress and simple machine forums which all are indexed by google I have strong backlinks but yet I just can not get passed a page 2 ranking. Even my podcast does very well even though I know that has nothing to do with page ranking I still have lots of traffic. Not sure why I am struggling with this page 2 ranking. Does anyone have any ideas?

Best regards,

Michael Wilson

Canada's Google Expert

Founder of Google SEO Groups

wilson...@me.com

For immediate assistance please call: 514-969-4357(HELP)

Sent From A Google Hub.

*Notice: *This message is confidential, may be privileged and is intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee.