url age benefit advice requested

iamdave

Mar 5, 2012, 4:24:06 PM3/5/12
to Google Search Engine Optimization SEO Google - MSN - Yahoo
I have had e-commerce for about 15 years on a particular product. I
outgrew a few e-commerce solutions during that time. The one I am on
now is nice but the rate has went up over 50$ and my renew is next
March and I will not be staying with them.

Last year I made a secondary site using magento that I hoped to see it
work and then knew if it did I could switch to it with magento.
Problem is my sales were terrible. Same products, same meta tags etc.
but no sales. Very disappointing. So a person suggested that since the
secondary site was a new url I wasn’t getting the hits I would have
gotten if I had used my original url and moved the magento store to
it. Does that make sense? My fear of that is if I switch to magento
with the original url and it still doesn’t work I have no backup
option and my sales stink and I have no income.

Another option is I have a url I made 15 years ago with static html
pages that have items pointing to my current sites items. I could try
magento on that url to see if the age of the url thing has an impact
on sales.

So to wrap up I have several options and I need to take the most
logical one and am asking your input.

url #1was my very first url and is about 15 years old and currently
has static pages on it pointing to my current site (url #2) e-commerce
site. http://proaudiomusic.com

url #2 I’ve used for internet sales income the past 9 years but the
current shopping cart is to expensive. http://dcmusicstore.com using
netsuite.com

url #3 is a site about 1 - 2 yrs old that I installed a magento store
on with the very same items url 2 has and was a test to see if a
magento store would produce sales and let me abandon the continuing
price increases of url #2’s e-commerce site. http://maxxsound.net

Options I see:
Option #1 Do I try magento on url #1 as it wasn’t working on url #3
since url #1 is much older?
Option #2 Do I push all the chips in and move magento to url #2 and
assume it will work? (problem is I’d have no incoming sales from the
net if this doesn’t work)
Option #3 is try a different e-commerce solution altogether like
enterprise on #3, move magento to #2 and have yet another option in
the fire. Problem is for me is running 3 sites for a year test would
be a ton of work. But if it needs done than I’d do it.

What option seems the most logical to you? What I need is sales with
an affordable e-commerce solution. I have roughly 6k items. Please use
the poll but more importantly post why you feel this is the best
action. I sincerely appreciate your input.

Many thanks for your input.
Dave