Re: Google showing old domain in title of search results

Eswari

May 17, 2013, 6:03:09 AM5/17/13
to se...@googlegroups.com
yeah its true what you guess is right .. please check the PHP script in title tag .. and also check whether you are using template or include files ?

is your meta tags are dynamic ? .. Or you may be using CMS ..

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Gu <gustav....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I had this site under domain www.example.com.

I then moved the site to a new domain, lets call it www.newdomain.com

I followed the standard procedures, notified google via web master tools and put a 301 redirect from the old domain to the new.

Everything worked fine, except that the sites pages now have funny titles in the search results.

The topdomain is fine, it says someting like:
Newdomain.com | My slogan

But for all the other pages the title is:
PageName | newdomain.com - example.com

The old domain is added at the end!

If I look at the title on the actual page it just says PageName | newdomain.com

And the bisarre thing is that the old domain is nowhere on the site except for in the name of my disqus shread, so I can't understand wgy google adds in to the search result title.

All the page titles are constrcuted with a php script, maybe it's this script that's giving me problems?

All help much appreciated!

/Gu

Ramesh Kumar

May 17, 2013, 12:24:53 AM5/17/13
to se...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,

I hope, After some time Google would not display old site's name in the title of internal pages...Just double check your new website....if your internal pages will have old site's name in title!

Cheers!

Mike

May 20, 2013, 10:01:01 AM5/20/13
to se...@googlegroups.com, se...@googlegroups.com
Is it still doing it.   Re do webmaster tools

Best regards,

Penamas Enterprises Inc.