Thinking To 301 redirect an entire domain for SEO Benefits?

SEO-Noob

Mar 16, 2012, 4:18:33 AM3/16/12
to se...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I'm badly stuck in a dilemma and unable to come to a decision.

Here is the problem. I have two domains based on the same niche and targets the same keywords as well, say Site1.com and Site2.co.uk are to two domains. Site1 is an older domain with lots of backlinks build across the pages but ranks low for certain generic keywords in Google.co.uk, whereas Site2.co.uk comparatively has much fewer backlinks, has a very low exposure over the web, but the keywords are doing great in Google.co.uk SERPs.

So, I was thinking of forwarding/ setting a 301 redirect for the domain (Site2.co.uk) to the relevant product pages of Site1.com. My question here is, would the top ranking keywords for Site2.co.uk pass over benefits to Site1.com in the longer/shorter run ? Would redirecting the pages of Site2.co.uk that are ranking high in SERPs still retain those positions ?

Note: - The two domain names are entirely different.
- Site1.com is more important to me since its now an established brand.

I need to take a decision by Monday morning and give directions based on it. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

danny

Mar 20, 2012, 3:51:54 PM3/20/12
to se...@googlegroups.com
Mybe, maybe not depending on the age of the domain before it last aloritgh changes. Google dosnt like any kind of redirection and for further references.
Let me ask you this, if you were to make 5 article website, put in your keywords within the context of the content pointing to your doamin,  google will favor you more than a 301.
Now when to link them together is my secert that I wont say here on google. All I can say is that the older the domain the better it is. Also dont think that by giving your domain years google will favor you more, its true, but again age the domains, marinate them to google and google will indeed show you love, traffic love