Converting HTML to Dynamic - SEO Advice?

JJ Spelman

Jul 22, 2013, 1:16:30 PM7/22/13
to se...@googlegroups.com
Hi There,

I am a bit nervous about the prospect of converting a static HTML site to either a WordPress or Joomla site due to the fear of losing SERP position.

Currently the site in question is enjoying a #2 and #10 spot for 2 search terms. Both on page 1.

The site needs to be updated to allow for data base integration and also to finally go to a responsive format.

Does anyone have any feedback on their experiences with this transition and the best way to maintain the same positioning?

I have done this before but with mixed results.

Of course the 301 redirects will naturally be done, but what other steps might one take?

Thanks in advance!