[self-hacking] iPhone ECG from AliveCor

Rodrigo Dauster

Dec 9, 2012, 4:25:41 AM12/9/12
to Self-hacking
Impressive.

AliveCor Heart Monitor product image

AliveCor is thrilled to announce that we have received FDA clearance for sale of our Heart Monitor iPhone ECG in the U.S. The Heart Monitor is initially intended for use by licensed U.S. medical professionals to record, display, store, transfer, and evaluate single-channel electrocardiogram (ECG) rhythm strips.

The Heart Monitor is now available to U.S. medical professionals for pre-order at AliveCor.com and will ship in early January 2013. Pre-order today to be the first to receive your Heart Monitor.

We will continue to update you with the latest news on our products and services, including availability in other countries, patient use, and general consumer use. Thank you for your support and interest!

*Shipping, handling and taxes not included. Phone not included.

Pre-Order Now

About us

We want everyone to have their health at their fingertips. That's why we make the vital health signs of people (and animals) around the globe easily visible and actionable, at exceptionally low cost. This improves everything from public health to the lives and possibilities of people all over the world.

Steve Souza

Jul 16, 2015, 9:39:18 AM7/16/15
to Rodrigo Dauster, Ken Snyder, Self-hacking
This is an old email, but...  I now own the alivecor.  It allows you do easily perform a heart ECG by holding your phone.  If you have certain models of iphones you can use the alivecor phone case or for other phone models they have an accessory that lets you connect the alivecor to any smartphone.

I like it, and I can imagine for patients that have atrial fibrillation it would be invaluable to detect if you are in afib...but what I really would like is continuous ECG, and also if possible blood oxygen.  Preferably one that can be worn on the wrists.  Does anyone know of such a wearable continuous monitoring device?

Steve

Steve Souza

Jul 16, 2015, 9:44:47 AM7/16/15
to Rodrigo Dauster, Ken Snyder, Self-hacking
fyi someone sent me this a while ago.  It looks interesting, however it isn't available and if possible I would like to not put it on my chest.