Need to record the Tab Key movement with Selenium IDE or RC?

Tester

Jul 3, 2010, 8:05:22 AM7/3/10
to Selenium Users
Can anybody pls help me out to record tab key focus in selenium?

We want to record the tab key focus from username to password field.
But could not able to record this. Please let me know the solution
asap.

MJS QA

Jul 3, 2010, 8:12:21 AM7/3/10
to Selenium Users
With selenium RC try the key press native function

selenium.keyPressNative(java.awt.event.KeyEvent.VK_TAB + "");

Regards
MJS

Tester

Jul 3, 2010, 8:23:02 AM7/3/10
to Selenium Users
Thanks for this, will try this definately.

Also one more thing, i need to move the focus on the new window which
is opening after clicking on the link. I need to move the control to
that window. pls suggest.

Regards,

Tester.
> > asap.- Hide quoted text -

MJS QA

Jul 3, 2010, 8:58:46 AM7/3/10
to Selenium Users
After clicking the link wait for the popup to come,then select the new
window

Use the below functions (check seleniumrc java api reference )

1.waitForPopUp
2.selectWindow

Regards
MJS