Getting Selenium to connect to a new window

David Robinson

Jun 30, 2010, 10:23:04 PM6/30/10
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to get Selenium to connect to a new pop up. I have made a
zip file that includes some simple pages, my tests and a video or it
running (or not running in my case) its 447kB
http://files.karit.geek.nz/selenium/new-window.zip

The application under test opens up process steps in new windows using
target="_blank". I have tried to write a test that will connect to the
new window using selectWindow title=Pop Up Window. I have also in my
simplified case tried using target="magic-name" and selectWindow
name=magic-name. I can not get either of these to work. My preference
would be to get get target="_blank" working as that is how the
application is currently coded using named targets would require code
changes and what not.

I would appreciate if someone could give me some pointers on this.
Also if you would like any more info please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Dave

Windows XP
Firefox 3.6.6
Selenium IDE 1.0.7
HTML Scripts

--
Disclaimer:
By sending an email, in the past or in the future, to ANY of my

David Robinson

Jul 1, 2010, 7:23:56 PM7/1/10
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
After some digging found out that it appears to work when export the script as python and run it using remote control it appears to work. I will scale up and start running the app under test. I will let you know how that goes.

So to me it appears there is defect/issue with Selenium IDE and selectWindow. If I get some time over the weekend I will look at the defect tracking system and see if worthwhile raising a defect for this. Maybe at least there should maybe a comparison or FAQ page that says if some features and functionality runs only on a subset of IDE, Core, RC and Grid.