Selenium IDE questions [ide] not compatible with Firefox 4

lucy C

Mar 23, 2011, 10:31:21 AM3/23/11
to Selenium Users
Hi,

I downloaded Firefox 4 this morning and was informed that it was no
longer compatible with Selenium IDE. I am just looking to find out
when Selenium will be compatible?

Thanks,

NagaRaju dasam

Mar 24, 2011, 4:57:47 AM3/24/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
It is compatable iwth FF3.6 not with 4.

Thanks,
Naga

lucy C

Mar 24, 2011, 5:00:49 AM3/24/11
to Selenium Users
Hi,

I was wondering when it will be compatable?

Thanks,
Lucy

Mark Collin

Mar 24, 2011, 5:31:26 AM3/24/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

They probably haven't released a version with an updated version compatibility flag, you can get around it by doing the following:

1.       Type about:config in your browser address bar

2.       Agree to the warning message

3.       Right click inside the browser and the  choose New –> Boolean

4.       Set the preference name to "extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0"

5.       Set the value to False

6.       Restart Firefox

Selenium IDE should now work

If you want to revert this change at any point in the future you can just delete the new variable you have added.

Regards

Mark

-- This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify postm...@ardescosolutions.com

lucy C

Mar 24, 2011, 5:47:40 AM3/24/11
to Selenium Users
Thank you, that works perfectly!

On Mar 24, 9:31 am, "Mark Collin" <m...@ardescosolutions.com> wrote:
> They probably haven't released a version with an updated version
> compatibility flag, you can get around it by doing the following:
>
> 1.       Type about:config in your browser address bar
>
> 2.       Agree to the warning message
>
> 3.       Right click inside the browser and the  choose New -> Boolean
>
> 4.       Set the preference name to "extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0"
>
> 5.       Set the value to False
>
> 6.       Restart Firefox
>
> Selenium IDE should now work
>
> If you want to revert this change at any point in the future you can just
> delete the new variable you have added.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

nik

Apr 16, 2011, 5:31:51 PM4/16/11
to Selenium Users
I tried Marc's solution. Now every web page I go to generates two
error messages:

Component returned error failure code (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
StringBundle.GetStringFromName (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)

The second message is similar (and equally useless).

So, I turned the "extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0" to blank.

Atleast the web pages now load.

But back to square one as far as getting Selenium IDE installed with
FF 4.

Tried Selenium IDE 1.0.10
Release Notes say 1.0.08 was compatible with FF4. No luck.

Windows 7 (if that may make a difference).

Any other solution?

Thanks.,

On Mar 24, 2:31 am, "Mark Collin" <m...@ardescosolutions.com> wrote:
> They probably haven't released a version with an updated version
> compatibility flag, you can get around it by doing the following:
>
> 1.       Type about:config in your browser address bar
>
> 2.       Agree to the warning message
>
> 3.       Right click inside the browser and the  choose New -> Boolean
>
> 4.       Set the preference name to "extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0"
>
> 5.       Set the value to False
>
> 6.       Restart Firefox
>
> Selenium IDE should now work
>
> If you want to revert this change at any point in the future you can just
> delete the new variable you have added.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

nm

Apr 16, 2011, 7:19:17 PM4/16/11
to Selenium Users
Selenium 1.0.10
Firefox 4
Windows 7

I tried that but now I get an error message when I navigate to any
page.
[Exception "Component returned failure code )x80004005
(Ns_ERROR_FAILURE]
[location frame :: XSringBundle :: getString " :: line 17 data: no]

When I reset the preferences null (cannot delete it), browsing returns
to normal.

But I cannot install Selenium.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

On Mar 24, 2:31 am, "Mark Collin" <m...@ardescosolutions.com> wrote:
> They probably haven't released a version with an updated version
> compatibility flag, you can get around it by doing the following:
>
> 1.       Type about:config in your browser address bar
>
> 2.       Agree to the warning message
>
> 3.       Right click inside the browser and the  choose New -> Boolean
>
> 4.       Set the preference name to "extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0"
>
> 5.       Set the value to False
>
> 6.       Restart Firefox
>
> Selenium IDE should now work
>
> If you want to revert this change at any point in the future you can just
> delete the new variable you have added.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

Mark Collin

Apr 21, 2011, 6:44:53 AM4/21/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
My solution is a hack to get round the fact that the IDE package has not
been updated to work with the new FireFox 4 version number.

1.0.10 was released in December last year whereas Firefox 4 was released in
March of this year so 1.0.10 can't be 100% guaranteed to work with Firefox
4.

If the solution I have offered doesn't work for you, you will have to wait
for the selenium team to release an updated Selenium IDE.

Regards

Mark

Any other ideas?

Thanks.