Selenium IDE questions: "Your browser doesnt support Xml Http request".

Bindu

Feb 26, 2010, 5:33:09 AM2/26/10
to Selenium Users
Hi

I am using Selenium IDE for the first time and just learning the
record and replay of a simple web site.

I am able to record the web page "www.agilesoftwaredevelopment.com"
and search verify for a text present. Once i complete the recording
when i replay the same test, i get a error message in log as "Your
browser doesn't support Xml Http request".

My Firefox version is3.6 and Selenium IDE plugin version is 1.0.5.

Kindly let me know if i need to some settings in my browser.

Thanks in Advance
Bindu Dey.

Niraj Kumar

Feb 26, 2010, 7:08:54 AM2/26/10
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Do remember you should always use http for opening web page.

Thanks & Regard,
Niraj Kumar

Adam Goucher

Feb 26, 2010, 7:09:34 AM2/26/10
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Just ignore that message. It is kinda scary because it is in red, but it
doesn't do anything. Its on the list of things to get rid of in 1.0.6.

-adam
http://element34.ca

snapro

Feb 26, 2010, 7:13:02 AM2/26/10
to Selenium Users
Hi,

please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajax_%28programming%29

This error message is caused because of ajax techniques used. you
don't need to set up any new configurations for your browser, you can
just leave the message as it is. anyway it won't cause the test case
execution to fail, it's just a message.
by the way, this message appears only with the new version of selenium
ide(1.0.5).

if you will play your test suite with Selenium RC, you will see that
this message won't even appear.

Vasu teju

Feb 26, 2010, 7:17:42 AM2/26/10
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bindhu,
                 Only problem is Now u r using Firefox 3.6  it wont support selenium tool be try to firefox 3.5 version now do it same thing.

Regards,
Vasu