How to hide/disable Selenium Remote control window?

1 194 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

Koti Reddy Garlapati

nepřečteno,
21. 6. 2010 9:30:1821.06.10
komu: seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Is it possible to hide/disable Selenium RC window? If so, can you please guide me? Please see the attached screen shot to know about which window I am referring to.

Thanks,
Koti
sel_rc.JPG

woland

nepřečteno,
23. 6. 2010 9:42:1623.06.10
komu: Selenium Users
Hey Koti,

As far as I can remember, there is an option you can set when starting
the selenium server that will disable the window. Read the docs. I
found the option there.

-Seth
>  sel_rc.JPG
> 83KViewDownload

AJ

nepřečteno,
23. 6. 2010 22:39:3823.06.10
komu: Selenium Users
woland,
if you could post where you found the docs it will be great. I have
been searching for this for a long time... :-(

Jayakumar C

nepřečteno,
24. 6. 2010 1:05:1224.06.10
komu: seleniu...@googlegroups.com
You can use the option  -singleWindow while starting the selenium server.It puts you into a mode where the test web site executes in a frame.

Jayakumar

AJ

nepřečteno,
24. 6. 2010 1:32:0124.06.10
komu: Selenium Users
Thanks for reply!
Am using RC and i start selenium session using DefaultSelenium method.
Could not find anything in the method to pass singleWindow parameter..
Also, doesn't single window have a known issue of not supporting
frames?

On Jun 24, 12:05 am, Jayakumar C <jayakumaree...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can use the option  -singleWindow while starting the selenium server.It
> puts you into a mode where the test web site executes in a frame.
>
> On 21 June 2010 06:30, Koti Reddy Garlapati <kotionl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello all,
>
> > Is it possible to hide/disable Selenium RC window? If so, can you please
> > guide me? Please see the attached screen shot to know about which window I
> > am referring to.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Koti
>
> > --
> > .

Elias Nogueira

nepřečteno,
24. 6. 2010 8:01:3224.06.10
komu: seleniu...@googlegroups.com
AJ,
Check out the JavaDoc documentation in SeleniumServer...
Who control it's RemoteControlConfiguration, that have a method setSingleWindow()

Regards!
--
Elias Nogueira, CSTE
elias.n...@gmail.com

CSTE - Certified Software Tester
Blog: http://sembugs.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/eliasnogueira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/eliasnogueira

Brian Rock

nepřečteno,
24. 6. 2010 10:00:5624.06.10
komu: seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, this is much nicer looking when it runs now.

My bat file that I am starting the server with looks like this.

java -jar -cp . c:\lib\selenium\selenium-server-2.0.a4\selenium-server-standalone-2.0a4.jar -singleWindow -firefoxProfileTemplate "C:\lib\selenium\ff_profile"

It should be trivial to pass this command to the server if you are using java and/or ant.

Thanks
Brian

Elias Nogueira

nepřečteno,
24. 6. 2010 11:53:1024.06.10
komu: seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Just to complement...

The Selenium documentation explain the single and multi window mode
http://seleniumhq.org/docs/05_selenium_rc.html#multi-window-mode

:-)

Regards!
--
Elias Nogueira, CSTE

AJ

nepřečteno,
24. 6. 2010 23:24:5124.06.10
komu: Selenium Users
Thanks Elias for the help. Unfortunately, I was not able to use the
setsinglewindow mode. I checked the selenium source code. I am using a
method startseleniumsession(Options1,2,3,4). This is under package
com.thoughtworks.selenium.grid.tools.ThreadSafeSeleniumSessionStorage.java
This method starts the selenium session.
Also, if setSingleWindow is going to execute my test in a frame i
would not use it.

On Jun 24, 10:53 am, Elias Nogueira <elias.nogue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to complement...
>
> The Selenium documentation explain the single and multi window modehttp://seleniumhq.org/docs/05_selenium_rc.html#multi-window-mode
>
> :-)
>
> Regards!
> --
> Elias Nogueira, CSTE
>

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Brian Rock <brianr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks, this is much nicer looking when it runs now.
>
> > My bat file that I am starting the server with looks like this.
>
> > java -jar -cp .
> > c:\lib\selenium\selenium-server-2.0.a4\selenium-server-standalone-2.0a4.jar
> > -singleWindow -firefoxProfileTemplate "C:\lib\selenium\ff_profile"
>
> > It should be trivial to pass this command to the server if you are using
> > java and/or ant.
>
> > Thanks
> > Brian
>
> > On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Elias Nogueira <elias.nogue...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> AJ,
> >> Check out the JavaDoc documentation in SeleniumServer...
> >> Who control it's RemoteControlConfiguration, that have a method
> >> setSingleWindow()
>
> >> Regards!
> >> --
> >> Elias Nogueira, CSTE
> >> elias.nogue...@gmail.com
>
> >> CSTE - Certified Software Tester
> >> Blog:http://sembugs.blogspot.com
> >> Twitter:http://twitter.com/eliasnogueira
> >> LinkedIn:http://www.linkedin.com/in/eliasnogueira

pankaj khare

nepřečteno,
3. 7. 2010 6:22:4603.07.10
komu: seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

Can you some detail for how use setSingleWindow method to regarding the same.
Thanks & Regards,

Pankaj Khare
QA Engineer
Rishabh Software Pvt. Ltd.

Mintaka

nepřečteno,
13. 7. 2010 12:46:4313.07.10
komu: Selenium Users
Hello

I found this discussion, but the result was not satisfying.
Is it possible to hide/disable Selenium RC window not to start it with
-singleWindow in frame, but really start RC test without selenium
remote control?

May be I completely miss the right way. My task is run many (about 20)
RC tests in many browsers simultaneously. The logs and results are
collected by program. But every test also run remote control for
nothing and -singleWindow cannot be used because content of page
rewrite frame with console and test stop working.

Thanks for help.
[rc]

On 24 čvn, 07:05, Jayakumar C <jayakumaree...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can use the option  -singleWindow while starting the selenium server.It
> puts you into a mode where the test web site executes in a frame.
>
> On 21 June 2010 06:30, Koti Reddy Garlapati <kotionl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hello all,
>
> > Is it possible to hide/disable Selenium RC window? If so, can you please
> > guide me? Please see the attached screen shot to know about which window I
> > am referring to.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Koti
>
> > --