[selenium-developers] Proposal for a Selenium StackExchange site

Dave Hunt

Apr 27, 2010, 6:38:20 PM4/27/10
to Selenium Developers
Since the announcement that StackExchange 2.0 is going to be free, and
we'd previously discussed the possibility of such a site for Selenium
users I decided to go ahead and propose a Selenium SE site. If you
think it's a good (or bad) idea go ahead and comment/vote on the
proposal here: http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/5881/proposal-for-selenium-se

Personally I find the Google Groups (and previously Clearspace)
difficult to keep up with, meaning I spend far less time answering
questions than I'd like to. I think a SE site would be easier for
users to identify whether the question is for IDE/Grid/RC/WebDriver,
and could do a lot for reducing duplicate/newbie questions.

Dave.

Mary Ann May-Pumphrey

Apr 27, 2010, 6:59:17 PM4/27/10
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com

I also spend WAY less time (like zero!) helping out on the forums now that we're using Google Groups than I did previously.  I think having only one group with no tool identification on each message Subject is only part of the problem.  I also really miss the little "Answered" indicators before that let me know that I didn't need to bother clicking through to read the entire message so I could send an answer--somebody already had taken care of it.

I look forward to reading your SE proposal!  (ABGG!)

--mam-p

Santiago Suarez Ordoñez

Apr 27, 2010, 8:17:20 PM4/27/10
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
+1
Just upvoted and I'm hoping this helps us keep up with the huge traffic the users group is having.

Best,
Santi

wwiser

Apr 29, 2010, 4:27:08 PM4/29/10
to Selenium Developers
+1. I find Google code confusing (but better than Clearspace). The
StackExchange format is much clearer and easier to use.

Wesley