I have a Selenium library for Python 3.2

Weber

Jul 18, 2011, 10:17:52 AM7/18/11
to Selenium Developers
I have converted version of Selenium 2.0. Fully complete. Not just
2to3.py'ed but with correct remote_connection unit. So how can I help
you all and put it here?
Actually some developers need UTF-8 for development. For example
Russians with endless Cyrillic codepages. So they can't work with
Python 2.x. And PostgreSQL with Python support only 3.x actually
because of UTF-8 encoding.
I like Python, not a Java, so I did library for Python 3.2. I already
test our huge system with it, and it is completly well. Thank for
that. :)
But somebody else may want Python 3.2 Selenium library too...

David Burns

Jul 18, 2011, 10:40:22 AM7/18/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

If you are willing to supply a patch, I will review it and have a look about applying it to our trunk.

David

David Burns

Adam Goucher

Jul 18, 2011, 11:41:26 AM7/18/11
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Do you need the Remote Control API or the WebDriver one. The trick in
this is that the module needs to work with both 2 and 3 not just 2 or 3.

-adam

Weber

Jul 18, 2011, 5:02:31 PM7/18/11
to Selenium Developers
I just sent "py3selenium2.zip" to Selenium group. It contain
"selenium" subfolder which is subfolder of "Python32\Lib" folder.
Tested on Python 3.2 from http://python.org. Enjoy! :)

On Jul 18, 6:40 pm, David Burns <david.bu...@theautomatedtester.co.uk>

Weber

Jul 18, 2011, 5:06:59 PM7/18/11
to Selenium Developers
No, No way! It must be separated, just because Python 2 and 3 differs
in foundamental ways such a one char is not one byte, so string is not
byte array and so on. How can you separate both sources without losing
of readability? Also spliced code is ugly and hard to support.