Good day to you,
Whew! I took a bit of break and boy, did the events pile up! I'm leaping in
to catch up, so here, finally, is the next 'weekly' announcement.
Have you been hearing about your water footprint lately? Check out this one
minute <http://calc.zerofootprint.net/one_minute/unilever/countries> water
use calculator-it truly takes just a minute. The numbers there confirm what
my friend has been telling me all along: hand-washing dishes saves water and
energy! In fact, by hand-washing my dishes, and line-drying most of our
clothes, I've saved 40% on my power bill. That works for me (and my frugal
Here's a sampling of this week's events - go to the Seattle and Cascadia Eco
Workshops <http://www.jocelynsevents.com/> Calendar for the full story.
* June 4th (Thu.) - Beavers! Movie Night, Everett, WA, at the
Northwest Stream Center
* June 5th (Fri.) - Village Building Convergence, Portland, OR, a
model event of sustainable community practices
* June 5th (Fri.) - Climate Change and Architectural Response, Eugene,
OR, AIA seminar with CE credits available
* June 6th (Sat.) - Bastyr University's 11th Annual Herb & Food Fair,
Kenmore, WA, walk the foot reflexology path! (PLUS at least 10 more events
* June 8th (Mon.) - Organic Animal Husbandry, Winthrop, WA, presented
by Tilth Producers and WSU Small Farms
* June 10th - Rain Gardens, Rain Barrels & Your Backyard, Edmonds, WA,
store and reuse rain water
* June 13th (or the 6th, 20th or 27th, too) (Sat.) - West Duwamish
Green Belt Forest Ecology Workshop and Work Party, Seattle, WA, free
* June 20th-21st (Sat. & Sun.) - Mountains to Sound Greenway
<http://www.mtsgreenway.org/> kick off weekend along the I-90 corridor.
These celebration, wilderness awareness and community building opportunities
aren't on my calendar (not quite hands-on, educational events) but
definitely worth mentioning.
* June 24th (Wed.) - Building Science Site Testing, Seattle, WA,
another great learning opportunity from the NW EcoBuilding Guild.
* June 29th (Mon.) - Sustainable
<http://www.permies.com/bb/index.php?topic=1776.new#new> Living in
Community: Ecovillages, Transition Towns, & More, Maltby, WA, potluck and
slideshow by internationally-recognized intentional community expert and
author, Diana Leafe Christian.
* July 6th (Sat.) - 6th Annual Shoreline SolarFest, Shoreline, WA -
the largest renewable energy event in the Puget Sound area!
Keep an eye out at the permies forums
<http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums> for a Diana Leafe Christian
book giveaway coming soon! Plus, the sustainability discussions and
knowledge on these forums is pretty amazing. Take a peek.
Thank you for your interest in the Seattle and Cascadia Eco Workshops
Calendar <http://www.jocelynsevents.com/> . Help spread the word by sharing
this e-mail with anyone else who might be looking for a new shade of green.
It's these calendar categories (and colors) that I call the 'shades of
Cascadia Eco Workshops (this is the calendar for anything that doesn't fit
or overlaps the rest)
Food, Sustainable Gardening and Locavore
Green & Alternative Building
Wilderness, Forestry and Environment.
Choose a shade of green. Then learn and enjoy. It's that simple.
All my best to you and yours,
Eco Events | QuickBooks | Accounting
<http://www.jocelynsevents.com/> www.jocelynsevents.com |
~~please think twice before printing this or any e-mail~~