Welcome to San Diego, "Doctor" Strangelogic!

Albert Silverman

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

WELCOME TO SAN DIEGO, "DOCTOR" STRANGELOGIC!
by Albert Silverman
"Doctor" Strangelogic (aka Mr. Matthew Fields), we readers of these San
Diego newsgroups are delighted to welcome you to San Diego. Certainly you
will be able to impart to us a few words of your Strange wisdom. Your visit
to San Diego is of course quite understandable, in the context of current
events. In the midst of our soon-to-be RepubliNut convention, it is only
fitting that we should be blessed with an advanced visit from one of the
most celebrated "NetNuts" in cyberspace.

You have worked long and hard for the past three years to convert the
newsgroup rec.music.compose into the new group wreck.music.decomposed. I
might add that you have succeeded in that effort, beyond your wildest (I
don't use this word lightly, but it is always applicable to YOUR efforts)
dreams.

I can't help but be awed by your exceedingly clever use of a pseudonym,
"cha...@electriciti.com", in the "from" line of a recent post devoted to a
discussion of Internet Service Providers (ISP) _in San Diego_, to attempt
to dupe readers into believing that the post was coming from someone named
"charles" with an Electriciti account in San Diego. Of course, "Doctor,"
residing in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and possessing only an account with the
University, it does seem a little Strange that you should be interested in
discussing the San Diego ISP, "Electriciti." But then, I guess that you are
just living up to your name.

What I find so brilliant about your technique is that you ALSO append your
"signature" at the end of the post. Although of course this signature
spells out your last name as "ields" (what else can one expect from a
NetNut who refers to himself as "Doctor"?) instead of "Fields," it seems to
contradict the fact that this post originates from cha...@electriciti.com.
Doesn't it, "Doctor"? Your cleverness shows no bounds!

By the way, "Doctor," your post appeared in TRIPLICATE in the newsgroup
sdnet.general. It looks as though you were intent upon hitting the readers
here with a "Triple Spammy." Apparently you want them to read your post
three times--as though once weren't one time too many.

Perhaps you have just rushed in to defend the "honor" (I suspect that there
isn't much here to defend) of your cyberbuddy Mike Rosenberg, who calls
himself a Macintosh "consultant" (but who is probably far better suited in
his role as a salesman for Electriciti). With "help" like yours, "Doctor,"
Mr. Rosenberg certainly won't need any assistance from anyone else. And by
the way, perhaps we should let _Mr. Rosenberg_ address the points which I
brought up about Electriciti and his connection with that shady
organization (as well as answering a question which I asked about a
possible financial connection between him and CTSNet).

Certainly a NetNut from Michigan has no legitimate business in this
discussion, which is of interest only to San Diego area readers.

Now that we know who you are and what you are trying to do, "Doctor," just
get back into your cyberspaceship and hightail your demented ass out of
here. You may find it dangerous to stick around here much longer. After
all, those men in the white coats are sneaking up behind you to take you
back to

HOME SWEET HOME

By the way, "Doctor," how did you get loose THIS time?

While they may love you at the University of Michigan, we here in San Diego
are not enthralled with your Strange Logic.

Bye bye.

Matthew H. Fields

Jul 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/20/96

In article <slvrmnDu...@netcom.com>,
Albert Silverman <slv...@netcom.com> wrote:
>Just another forgery from that NetNut, "Doctor" Strangelogic!!
>Eventually, those men in the white coats will catch up with him and take
>him back where he belongs--wherever that is.

>It's too bad, however, that he has to pollute sdnet with his demented hijinx.

Who is that person who you claim has forged that article? The DejaNews
posting seems to have gone to DejaNews from Netcom without ever passing
through Michigan, while the previous post that you attributed to
"Doctor Strangelogic" seems to have originated at an open terminal in Michigan.
You referred to my signature file at one point, but that doesn't mean much--
my signature file is read:world and appears in various news articles, so what.

Still, I'm wondering whether whoever posted from the open Michigan site had a
point. You never answered their questions about Macconsult and Mike Rosenberg.

Please *do* tell all.

--
_ || Composer and educator
/ \ * || URL:http://www-personal.umich.edu/~fields