Poway BBQ

Andrew W. Frank

Aug 26, 2006, 9:29:34 PM8/26/06
We ate at Poway BBQ tonight. They've been open about 6 weeks, in the spot
formerly housing Fratello's. I was sorry to see Fratello's go.

Most of what we tried was "unremarkable". The exception to that was the St.
Louis style pork ribs, which were very good. I had them with the regular
BBQ sauce -- they also have a spicey sauce and a sweet sauce.

The beef ribs were high on fat and non-meat tissues, and short on beef. The
BBQ beans could have come from a can, and the coleslaw was pretty bland.

Service was good, and they're trying hard. If you're in the mood for meaty
pork ribs, I'd say it's worth a try.