Document Convert Failed Using rscribd and scribd_fu

AlexisBlaze

Nov 18, 2008, 2:30:28 AM11/18/08
to Scribd Platform Talk
hello..

i can upload document to scribd using rails.. but it seems that the
conversion to ipaper is always failed..

i have tried to upload the same document from the scribd web page..
and it successfuly converted..

can someone help me? is it somekind of bug? i'm using rails 2.0.2 and
rscribd 0.1.1 btw..

thx..

Jared Friedman

Nov 18, 2008, 2:32:50 AM11/18/08
to scribd-platfo...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
That's not supposed to happen!  What kind of document was it (pdf, etc.)?

Jared

AlexisBlaze

Nov 18, 2008, 9:39:37 PM11/18/08
to Scribd Platform Talk
txt works fine.. doc, docx, xls, and pdf failed.. haven't tried others
type..

thx.. :)

Jared Friedman

Nov 18, 2008, 9:55:27 PM11/18/08
to scribd-platfo...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

Can you email me your Scribd username?  I'd like to debug this on our side a bit.

Jared

AlexisBlaze

Nov 18, 2008, 10:10:41 PM11/18/08
to Scribd Platform Talk
ok.. just the username right?

Jim Rowson

Nov 21, 2008, 11:22:15 PM11/21/08
to Scribd Platform Talk
I had the same problem with pdf. txt works fine. and I verified that
the pdf's upload great using a browser...

Jim Rowson

Nov 24, 2008, 11:58:06 PM11/24/08
to Scribd Platform Talk
Doing more experimenting: seems to work ok on a linux box at a hosting
site, but doesn't work on my windows laptop while logged in through
the VPN at my work.

Maybe it is a VPN problem?

AlexisBlaze

Nov 26, 2008, 1:08:30 AM11/26/08
to Scribd Platform Talk
Yeah.. it's also work for me if i run the rails server on linux.. but
it also failed on my window laptop... but i connect directly to the
net and not using vpn.. so i guess it's not vpn problem..

Jared Friedman

Nov 26, 2008, 1:16:10 AM11/26/08
to scribd-platfo...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I think know what the problem is. We'll have it fixed soon.

Regards,
Jared

AlexisBlaze

Nov 26, 2008, 2:45:17 PM11/26/08