Keyboard macros and other things

86 kali dilihat
Langsung ke pesan pertama yang belum dibaca

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez

belum dibaca,
27 Mar 2009, 05.31.0327/03/09
kepadascite-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have been thinking about two things:

There seems to be nice work going on @ Scite-Ru on keyboard macros.
Is that going to make it to mainstream?

Would there be a way of limiting language support @ compile time. It's
really nice to have all that languages available. But then, in real life,
I only use 5 of them. If there was a config file to specify which things
I need and which I don't, that would be reaaaally nice :-)

Cheers,/PA

Neil Hodgson

belum dibaca,
27 Mar 2009, 07.20.2427/03/09
kepadascite-i...@googlegroups.com
Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez:

> There seems to be nice work going on @ Scite-Ru on keyboard macros.
> Is that going to make it to mainstream?

If this is referring to defining more complex key definitions then
possibly. If its about recordable keyboard macros then less likely.

> Would there be a way of limiting language support @ compile time. It's
> really nice to have all that languages available. But then, in real life,
> I only use 5 of them. If there was a config file to specify which things
> I need and which I don't, that would be reaaaally nice :-)

Write a script that removes other Lex*.cxx files, runs LexGen.py
and build. Something like (in Python):

import glob, os
wanted = 'CPP Pascal Python'
wantedFiles = set('Lex'+x+'.cxx' for x in wanted.split())
unwantedFiles = set(glob.glob("Lex*.cxx")) - wantedFiles
for f in unwantedFiles:
os.remove(f)
os.system('python LexGen.py')

Neil

Shawn Rutledge

belum dibaca,
27 Mar 2009, 13.55.3427/03/09
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 4:20 AM, Neil Hodgson <nyama...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There seems to be nice work going on @ Scite-Ru on keyboard macros.
>> Is that going to make it to mainstream?
>
>   If this is referring to defining more complex key definitions then
> possibly. If its about recordable keyboard macros then less likely.

Why? I've always wondered why Scite doesn't have recordable macros.
Occasionally I still go back to nedit to get that feature.

Neil Hodgson

belum dibaca,
30 Mar 2009, 06.29.4530/03/09
kepadascite-i...@googlegroups.com
Shawn Rutledge:

> Why?  I've always wondered why Scite doesn't have recordable macros.
> Occasionally I still go back to nedit to get that feature.

A scripting language is much more capable than keystroke macros
since you can operate at a higher level of abstraction and have
reasonable conditionals. It would be interesting to see how often they
are used in other environments. I wonder if ActiveState or Wingware
have statistics from instrumented builds to see what proportion use
them.

I used to be really good at using the keystroke macro feature on
DEC's EDT editor but that was because it was the only way of
automating things and haven't bothered in other applications. Its
really easy to get a keystroke macro wrong and about the only common
use I've seen has been to find out what an Excel menu command is in
VBA before writing the macro as text.

SciTE is quite opinionated software and using text for scripting is
similar to the use of textual properties files: write down what you
want so you can think about it, get it right and save it for later
reuse. There is a threshold of usefulness before a feature goes in: it
has to be valuable enough to be greater than the cost in increasing
the 'conceptual size' of the application. SciTE is extensible so you
can add on features like this if you want: IIRC Filerx had macros and
they could be recorded.

Neil

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez

belum dibaca,
3 Apr 2009, 02.09.3703/04/09
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Neil Hodgson <nyama...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez:
>
>> There seems to be nice work going on @ Scite-Ru on keyboard macros.
>> Is that going to make it to mainstream?
>
> If this is referring to defining more complex key definitions then
> possibly. If its about recordable keyboard macros then less likely.

My .2 cents on this.

For really heavy tasks, I use EMACS. SciTE is my Notepad substitute.
I agree that a scripting language is much more capable, but it's less
flexible. Macros are for small things on the fly, while scripting is for
giving some of the keyboard macros which have been useful a more
permanent home.

>> Would there be a way of limiting language support @ compile time. It's
>> really nice to have all that languages available. But then, in real life,
>> I only use 5 of them. If there was a config file to specify which things
>> I need and which I don't, that would be reaaaally nice :-)
>
> Write a script that removes other Lex*.cxx files, runs LexGen.py
> and build. Something like (in Python):
>
> import glob, os
> wanted = 'CPP Pascal Python'
> wantedFiles = set('Lex'+x+'.cxx' for x in wanted.split())
> unwantedFiles = set(glob.glob("Lex*.cxx")) - wantedFiles
> for f in unwantedFiles:
> os.remove(f)
> os.system('python LexGen.py')
>
> Neil

Thx a lot
1) it works and fine
2) I have to learn Python :-) It's so powerful

Cheers,/PA

Balas ke semua
Balas ke penulis
Teruskan