I've been running SciTE 1.74 over WinXP-Pr0/SP3 for some time and its
worked well for me as an
IDE for Ruby. I just installed SciTE 2.12 over Windows 7 Home Premium
64-bit. I noted in the
SciTE newsgroup that 2.12 may not run under the latest versions of
Windows, so I tested the
creation, saving and re-opening of files, which worked fine.
I then wrote a small Ruby script to test execution of Ruby programs
under SciTE. That effort
failed. I solved the following potential causes of that failure:
1. I created the Ruby pgm with Notepad, which added an invisible .txt
extension. I made
extensions visible and deleted the .txt extension on my Ruby script.
2. I tried to run the script from within a Command window using "ruby -
e ... That failed because
Ruby's bin directory wasn't on the PATH. That's fixed now.
3. I dragged ny script's name to an SciTE instance and pressed F5 but
got nothing in the
right-hand pane of the SciTE window. I checked SciTE's Ruby
properties and saw that the
Go command depended on PLAT_WIN, so I created it as a new System
variable = 1.
4. I opened a new command window, entered "echo %PLAT_WIN%" and got
5. I opened a new SciTE window and dragged my test program's name to
it, whence its content was
displayed. I pressed the F5 key and:
a. Saw some icon flashed for a second or two, which I interpreted as
that SciTE was running something.
b. I dragged the vertical divider to expose SciTE's output but saw
nothing: not even
that SciTE had initiated execution of my Ruby script.
I've run out of ideas. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks in Advance,