Virtual space in prerelease

Neil Hodgson

Jul 3, 2009, 8:54:07 PM7/3/09
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
Istvan:

> I can't drag the text in SciTE, I am inside SciTE and I want to move
> something code from line 10 to line 20.
> Eg.:
> In SciTE, I make a selection with mouse and then with mouse I drag the
> selection. I release the mouse and the selection remain in the original
> position.

Fixed in CVS.

> I meant this: I make a selection with mouse, then I press CTRL, then I try
> to drag the selection with mouse, then I release the mouse button ...
> nothing happens. This should copy the selection to the point where I
> released the mouse.

Fixed.

> Thanks, hopefully there will be any setting for this in the future in the
> global setting file :)

New property virtual.space: 0=none, 1=allow in rectangular
selection, 2=allow user to move caret beyond end of line, 3=allow
both.

Also available from

http://www.scintilla.org/scite.zip Source
http://www.scintilla.org/wscite.zip Windows executable

Neil

V. Istvan

Jul 4, 2009, 2:46:54 AM7/4/09
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much.

Just one thing, when I set virtual.space to 0 or 1 I can still move the caret with array keys into the virtual space.

Istvan

Neil Hodgson <nyama...@gmail.com>:

New property virtual.space: 0=none, 1=allow in rectangular
selection, 2=allow user to move caret beyond end of line, 3=allow
both.

AEG – ELECTROLUX – ZANUSSI háztartási gépek NAPI AKCIÓS ÁRON!
Sütő+főzőlap szettek – mosogatógépek – mosógépek – hűtők ORSZÁGOS házhozszállítással!
VIDEÓ termékbemutatóink segítségével RENDELJ GYORSAN és kényelmesen az AEGshop.hu-tól!

Neil Hodgson

Jul 5, 2009, 11:41:05 PM7/5/09
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
Istvan:

> Just one thing, when I set virtual.space to 0 or 1 I can still move the
> caret with array keys into the virtual space.

This is with the left and right arrows? Didn't happen to me.

New upload with some painting fixes (selections don't get left
behind) and drags permitted into virtual space when virtual.space is 2
or 3. There are issues with drags not going into the correct position
sometimes when removing the previous selection causes changes to the
meaning of the drop point.

istv...@freemail.hu

Jul 6, 2009, 1:47:05 AM7/6/09
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
> This is with the left and right arrows? Didn't happen to me.
It happens only for up and down arrows.

Eg.

test1 test2 test3 test4| -cursor here, press down arrow
test5

test1 test2 test3 test4
test5 | -cursor comes here into the virtual space

Istvan

Neil Hodgson

Jul 7, 2009, 8:04:21 AM7/7/09
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
Istvan:

> It happens only for up and down arrows.

OK, that is now fixed.

Also changed to use the style of the last character on the line to
determine the width of a virtual space. This makes it more likely that
typed characters will appear at the caret point. The other rule that
comes into play here is that if you start at the end of the line and
press the right arrow n times before typing then n spaces should
appear before the typing.

Dragging into virtual space fixed for some cases.

haimag ren

Jul 7, 2009, 10:26:30 AM7/7/09
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
1.  when  contained empty lines and used monospace, the rectangular selection carets appeared does not at the same column.
2. do rectangular selection, then changed to monospace font by scite's menu, the scite becomed very slow.

Neil Hodgson

Jul 7, 2009, 8:23:40 PM7/7/09
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
haimag ren:

> 1.  when  contained empty lines and used monospace, the rectangular
> selection carets appeared does not at the same column.

OK, fixed.

> 2. do rectangular selection, then changed to monospace font by scite's menu,
> the scite becomed very slow.

Switching to monospaced fonts changes each style which lead to many
recalculations of the rectangular selection. Delayed recalculation to
when the styles are revalidated.

haimag ren

Jul 8, 2009, 10:09:27 AM7/8/09
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
For rectangular edition:
1.  Can not insert TAB  on multiple lines.
2.  when set use.tabs=1,  backspace operation will changed some spaces to tabs at some lines which start with space, then MultiLineCaret does not show on the same column.

Neil Hodgson

Jul 9, 2009, 4:26:59 AM7/9/09
to scite-i...@googlegroups.com
haimag ren:

> For rectangular edition:
> 1.  Can not insert TAB  on multiple lines.

The Indent command which is bound to the Tab key is quite complex
since it does different things depending on context: when the
selection is within indentation it works on indentation steps rather
than tabs and when more than one line is within a selection, it will
indent the lines. I have changed indent to treat each piece of the
selection individually so that using it on a rectangular selection
should be the same as performing it on each line of the selection.
This will insert a tab in some cases but not in others.

> 2.  when set use.tabs=1,  backspace operation will changed some spaces to
> tabs at some lines which start with space, then MultiLineCaret does not show
> on the same column.

When in indentation, backspace operates as an indentation remover.
This may result in removing more space (often 4 or 8 spaces) than is
removed on other lines such as those containing text within the
selection. I don't want to break the user's indentation preferences by
removing only 1 space and I don't think it is reasonable to remove 4
or 8 characters from text to match the indentation removal.

New version available from CVS and from

This download can display selections in virtual space when not
using translucent (alpha) selections.

New properties for setting the appearance of additional selections:
selection.additional.back, selection.additional.fore, and
selection.additional.alpha. New APIs for these and for setting a
different colour for additional carets from the main caret.

# Set the foreground colour of additional selections.
# Must have previously called SetSelFore with non-zero first argument
for this to have an effect.
set void SetAdditionalSelFore=2600(colour fore,)

# Set the background colour of additional selections.
# Must have previously called SetSelBack with non-zero first argument
for this to have an effect.
set void SetAdditionalSelBack=2601(colour back,)

# Set the alpha of the selection.
set void SetAdditionalSelAlpha=2602(int alpha,)

# Get the alpha of the selection.
get int GetAdditionalSelAlpha=2603(,)

# Set the foreground colour of additional carets.
set void SetAdditionalCaretFore=2604(colour fore,)

# Get the foreground colour of additional carets.
get colour GetAdditionalCaretFore=2605(,)

Neil