Re: How To Fight An Asteroid - The Bush Plan

Message has been deleted

Brad Guth

Feb 18, 2007, 6:00:48 PM2/18/07
"kT" <cos...@lifeform.org> wrote in message
news:ac%Bh.23$Cz...@newsfe03.lga

I love it.

Please, whatever you do, don't tell anyone (especially not our resident
LLPOF warlord GW Bush) about the alternative of safely terminating such
NEOs once and for all, by way of simply diverting those nasty suckers
into encountering our moon.
-
Brad Guth

Quadibloc

Feb 18, 2007, 7:48:28 PM2/18/07
kT quoted, in part:
> "Tell the goddamned thing to change it's way, or else. All options are
> on the table. AFTER it changes it's way, we can talk. This is cosmic
> blackmail, and the people of the United States and freedom-loving people
> everywhere will not tolerate it. I ask the rest of the peace-loving
> nations of the world to join me in seeking to remove this against this
> threat to our democratic way of life!"

Actually, even if later on in this cautionary tale, G. W. Bush chooses
the wrong way to deal with the asteroid, it certainly *is* true you
don't waste time trying to argue, plead, cajole, bribe, or bargain an
asteroid out of colliding with the Earth. You do push it out of the
way by force.

Indeed, you will try to deflect it, rather than to destroy it, as the
tale illustrates, because asteroids, once pushed, keep on going in a
straight line except for the forces acting on them. They have no
malicious intent towards the Earth, and will not swerve *back* to a
collision course when deflected ever so slightly, far ahead of the
time of the collision.

When dealing with living actors, sometimes arguing, pleading,
cajoling, bribing or bargaining will work. And sometimes they won't;
and when they won't, actors with intentionality sometimes have to be
dealt with more firmly than blind clockwork mechanisms to deflect them
from their plans.

Instead of telling us something meaningful about how we should deal
with Iran, this "cautionary tale" seems to really say nothing more
than that the author doesn't happen to like G. W. Bush.

John Savard

Message has been deleted

Brad Guth

Feb 18, 2007, 8:42:45 PM2/18/07

> You really don't understand satire do you.
>
> That's the hallmark of an entirely inflexible mind.

He and others of his kind simply loves each and everthing done by their
puppet GW Bush, and/or by any of his brown-nosed minions.

Whereas I liked every well crafted word. There's actually not all that
much to improve on.

Message has been deleted

Brad Guth

Feb 19, 2007, 1:31:16 PM2/19/07
"kT" <cos...@lifeform.org> wrote in message

I too would like that skill in pun analogy writing. Such as, here's a
slight improvement in what I'd offered earlier.

I do believe, what we'll sooner or later need are some of those
hocus-pocus conditional laws of physics, just like those which
supposedly had us fly-by-rocket safely landing upon and EVA walking
moonsuit butt-naked on that physically dark and nasty moon of ours.

If there's anything more taboo/nondisclosure rated than our moon, Venus
or Sirius, it has got to be those pesky NEOs that could seriously nail
most of our butts. It's simply not a matter of if, but that of when,
because those cosmic numbers are going against the odds of our planet
being continually missed by each and every nasty items that's out there
and seeking whatever mutual gravity of attraction.

Seriously folks, I simply love the jest of "kT's" warm and fuzzy
anti-NEO analogy, of how the likes of our fearless LLPOF warlord(GW
Bush) would deal with any one of those NEOs that's big enough to having
your name and those names of millions upon millions of others boldly
imprinted upon it. The brown nosed anti-NEO that's supposedly fail-safe
via "The Bush Plan" that sucks and blows, but otherwise so absolutely
fits into his born again faith-based Skull and Bones puppet mindset, is
probably exactly what we all deserve. From between his butt-cheek
brains and the tight butt-crack of such quail hunting instincts of his
trigger happy Dick Cheney, whereas just like Iraq, how the hell could we
possibly lose?

However please, whatever the heck you folks do, don't tell anyone
(especially not our resident LLPOF warlord Bush) about the alternative

of safely terminating such NEOs once and for all, by way of simply

diverting those nasty suckers into encountering our good for nothing but
global warming and planetology trauma causing moon.