Gravity is God given

Ben Stevenson

Jun 13, 2002, 1:30:09 PM6/13/02

Gravity has to be God given. The universe could not have formed without this
mysterious main component.

Its source is still unknown to man.

Dr H

Jun 13, 2002, 2:43:00 PM6/13/02

Mass.

Dr H

George Black

Jun 13, 2002, 4:08:57 PM6/13/02

"Ben Stevenson" <casio...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Nope. Only to creationists and other badly educated people

Cyberia

Jun 13, 2002, 6:24:21 PM6/13/02
"Ben Stevenson" <casio...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Yes, of course. Anything we cannot understand *must* have come from god -
god of the gaps.

--
---------------
SeeYa !

lanny budd

Jun 13, 2002, 8:16:32 PM6/13/02
"Ben Stevenson" <casio...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3d08...@news.starhub.net.sg>...
> Gravity has to be God given. The universe could not have formed without this
> mysterious main component.
>
> Its source is still unknown to man.

"God is great because he created me, and I'm a real dumbass?"

CD

Jun 14, 2002, 4:56:46 AM6/14/02
"Ben Stevenson" <casio...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3d08...@news.starhub.net.sg>...
> Gravity has to be God given. The universe could not have formed without this
> mysterious main component.
>
> Its source is still unknown to man.

Ben,

Look down.

C. David

Ben Stevenson

Jun 16, 2002, 1:59:17 AM6/16/02

"CD" <cda...@euromail.sk> wrote in message

Interesting. I obediently did. Saw my feet. What did you see?

Ben Stevenson

Jun 16, 2002, 1:57:25 AM6/16/02

"lanny budd" <lann...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Come on Lanny. Have confidence in yourself. After a while you'll see the
wonderful and positive difference it makes. Please give me another statement
will you?

lanny budd

Jun 17, 2002, 12:09:42 AM6/17/02
"Ben Stevenson" <casio...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3d0c2870$1...@news.starhub.net.sg>...

Okay, here goes - you need to spend come serious time in the library.
The source of gravity has been long known. It is a little thing I like
to call mass. Now, we have not yet detected gravity waves, but we
will. We might find the gravitron, bottle it, carbonate it, and have
Brittany Spears selling it on the telly.

You want to talk about things that are really mysterious and
mind-blowing so you can throw you hands up in surrender and cry Allah
akbar, try the Higgs boson. Or think about inertia and entanglement.
Or consider how to use a vibrating box to power your SUV by squeezing
out Casmir power. Or if it is even possible. And where that energy
would come from. Would God's lights dim?

That's the real unknown stuff.

Elf Sternberg

Jun 18, 2002, 7:10:20 PM6/18/02
In article <3d08...@news.starhub.net.sg>
"Ben Stevenson" <casio...@hotmail.com> writes:

>Gravity has to be God given. The universe could not have formed without this
>mysterious main component.

The INTELLIGENT GRAPPLING FAQ.

1. What is Intelligent Grappling (IG?)

Intelligent Grappling is the SCIENTIFIC Theory that Intelligent
and Conscious Agents "push" things together. It is the only coherent
theory that explains why things fall.

2. Doesn't gravity explain why things fall?

NO. Gravity only attempts to describe what objects do. It does
not explain WHY they do them. It is that challenge that Intelligent
Grappling is intended to meet.

3. Aren't there theories that explain why things fall?

NO. There are theories by atheists and secular humanists that
TRY, but they all lead to crazy conclusions no human being has ever
seen, like black holes and the so-called "Big Bang". Intelligent
Grappling ONLY deals with the visible world.

4. Is Intelligent Grappling a scientific theory?

YES. Intelligent Grappling is the ONLY VIABLE THEORY fore why
things fall. Physicists have tried for a hundred years to explain why
things fall and THEY HAVE FAILED. It is time for a new theory, one
backed up by all the evidence, to finally solve the question. IG is
that theory.

5. Isn't "Intelligent Grappling" just another way of saying, "Angels
push things around?"

NO. Intelligent Grappling says nothing at all about the nature
or origins of the conscious agents that perform the actual act of
pushing and grappling. All IG says is that conscious agents are the
cause of all apparent "gravitic" phenomenon.

6. In order to accept Intelligent Design, must I accept Intelligent
Grappling as well?

YES. Intelligent Design says that there is a non-naturalistic,
conscious designer at work at the biological level. Intelligent
Grappling says that there is a non-naturalistic, conscious grappler at
the physicial level. Accepting a naturalistic explanation for one
phenomenon but a non-naturalistic explanation for another is a
philosophically corrupt position and we do not advocate it.

Elf

--
Elf M. Sternberg
Disproportionately Popular Among Homosexuals.