Why is sugar sweet?

1 view

|-|ercules

Aug 2, 2010, 9:58:47 PM8/2/10
According to atheists, we PERCEIVE it as sweet so our ancestors were
more likely to consume it for energy to pass on their genes!

But that would mean chicken, lamb, mustard and every taste is purely
manufactured by our brains to give it some functional relevance.

Either that or it's a just a COINCIDENCE that the simplest most available
food chemical has this wonderful sweet taste sensation.

It's just one of MILLIONS of coincidences.

Another example: If the Earth was 50% smaller, we would have no atmosphere
like Mars. If Earth was 50% bigger our muscles would be too weak to carry a
big brain, crabs would be the dominant lifeform and nobody would be able
to ponder the existence of the Universe!

Or water, H20. It's the only chemical of it's type that is liquid at around 300 Kelvin,
It's unique Hydrogen bond giving the characteristic bend in the molecule alters it's
properties so that there are liquid oceans on livable planets. No liquid water, no life!

Speaking of water, osmosis! This function is absolutely critical for life to exist, except
maybe phsophorous life forms. No osmosis, no life.

There are THOUSANDS of narrow windows of opportunity and life depends on every
single one. The best argument AGAINST a creator was written by Rich Dawk!

Yet according to the atheist it's just a bit of luck! Wait a few billion years and the strongest
survive QED.

Herc
--
asshole (n) ah - sew - l
the guys who nailed Jesus to the cross

|-|ercules

Aug 2, 2010, 11:50:04 PM8/2/10
"livvy" <go...@yahoo.com> wrote ...
> you created a mess within yourself, and have some grand
> expectation.....that's not how it works. You call on whatever source
> material you need to, Rick Dawk-iness, whatever.
>
> Don't ever put anyone on the defensive....if you have something to
> say, just say. Don't expect others to read material that they should
> not have to. Life is short, your regard about anything is pretty
> much yours. I have a lot I'd like to read before I die, none of it
> has a thing to do with you.

Actually if you took the time to watch music videos you'd notice a large %
of them are about REAL DESTINY.

Same with TV Shows, movies, books, the news, it's all about the same person, me.

I'm not sure what your moralistic goal type comment has to do with my post,
as Genesis Adam I have many powerful enemies hurting me every day. Hollering
my daily SOS is all I can do.

Herc

BDK

Aug 3, 2010, 3:09:25 AM8/3/10
In article <8bphvd...@mid.individual.net>, radgr...@yahoo.com
says...

What exactly is REAL DESTINY Herc, as opposed to PLAIN OLD DESTINY.

> Same with TV Shows, movies, books, the news, it's all about the same person, me.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! You? I don't remember ever seeing a movie, TV
shoe, book, or news story about a loon living in Austraila, who thinks
he's "Genesis Adam", claims he owns Camgirls.com but doesn't, and who
makes insane mumbling videos where he flips through a book, then claims
the answers have some connection to the question, even though it's
perfectly obvious they don't to any sane person there isn't 99+% of the
time.

> I'm not sure what your moralistic goal type comment has to do with my post,
> as Genesis Adam I have many powerful enemies hurting me every day. Hollering
> my daily SOS is all I can do.
>
> Herc

Why would "Genesis Adam" need to be sending SOS's, you mumbling moron?

Wait...I think Dr. Smith was sending me a message from beyond...oh dear,
oh dear!!

Does your therapist know about your delusions of being psychic and
"Genesis Adam"?

Or have you gone maverick and stopped seeing him and taking the meds?

--
BDK, non-jew leader of the non-existant paid jew shills!

|-|ercules

Aug 3, 2010, 3:22:45 AM8/3/10
"BDK" <TopS...@sanity.com> wrote ...

Destiny that is part of 21ST Century real life, as opposed to a theoretical belief.

>> Same with TV Shows, movies, books, the news, it's all about the same person, me.
>
> BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! You? I don't remember ever seeing a movie, TV
> shoe, book, or news story about a loon living in Austraila, who thinks
> he's "Genesis Adam", claims he owns Camgirls.com but doesn't, and who
> makes insane mumbling videos where he flips through a book, then claims
> the answers have some connection to the question, even though it's
> perfectly obvious they don't to any sane person there isn't 99+% of the
> time.

What about X-men? Evolution of supernatural powers.

What about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, where the Truman actor
once again plays the "victim of corporation" with mind control technology.

>> I'm not sure what your moralistic goal type comment has to do with my post,
>> as Genesis Adam I have many powerful enemies hurting me every day. Hollering
>> my daily SOS is all I can do.
>>
>> Herc
>>

> Why would "Genesis Adam" need to be sending SOS's, you mumbling moron?

Because the mind controlling USA rogue secret service department is satanic in nature.

Being Genesis Adam makes it easy for them to continue unabated by any investigations.

> Wait...I think Dr. Smith was sending me a message from beyond...oh dear,
> oh dear!!
>
> Does your therapist know about your delusions of being psychic and
> "Genesis Adam"?

One shrink said "you thought you were Adam and she was Eve".

Herc

Government Shill #2

Aug 3, 2010, 3:45:04 AM8/3/10
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 11:58:47 +1000, "|-|ercules" <radgr...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Yeah dope. Wait a few billion years, on many billion planets, in many
billions of galaxies, and eventually one, or two, or a hundred, will
develop life in the way ours did.

On the other hand... there will be billions and billions of planets that
are, too small, too big, too far from their star, too close to their star,
not have the right gasses, elements, proteins...

No one lives on the failures to notice they are failures.

Are you really that dumb? You sometimes seem smarter.

--
Shill #2

Henrik Tikkanen

|-|ercules

Aug 3, 2010, 4:01:56 AM8/3/10
"Government Shill #2" <gov....@gmail.com> wrote ...

I was wondering what inane counter argument some atheist would come up with.

Herc

Mark Murray

Aug 3, 2010, 4:05:46 AM8/3/10
On 03/08/2010 02:58, |-|ercules wrote:
> According to atheists, we PERCEIVE it as sweet so our ancestors were
> more likely to consume it for energy to pass on their genes!

The truth can be revealed!

The sugar cartel have engineered it to be desirable so that the
sheeple will buy it in vast quantities. This means PROFIT!

Its a conspiracy, I tell you.

Don't tell anyone.

Mark "No Nickname" Murray
Notable nebbish, extreme generalist.

Government Shill #2

Aug 3, 2010, 4:27:26 AM8/3/10
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 18:01:56 +1000, "|-|ercules" <radgr...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I am sad to see that science escapes you.

Apparently religion keeps you locked into ignorance.

--
Shill #2

Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
Laurence J. Peter (1919 - 1988)

|-|ercules

Aug 3, 2010, 6:04:03 AM8/3/10

At least it answers why sugar is sweet. Unlike scanning a post for keywords
and making the best fitting cliche response and spouting that it answers the question.

Herc

alie...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2010, 7:48:57 AM8/3/10
On Aug 2, 6:58 pm, "|-|ercules" <radgray...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> According to atheists, we PERCEIVE it as sweet so our ancestors were
> more likely to consume it for energy to pass on their genes!
>
> But that would mean chicken, lamb, mustard and every taste is purely
> manufactured by our brains to give it some functional relevance.

Why do you believe hot peppers are "hot"? Many people, including me,
make a point of eating them not because they're nutritious (they
happen to be extremely so) but because we like the heat.

(froups trimmed randomly coz stoopit Google Gropes only allows xposts
to five at a time)

Mark L. Fergerson

Excognito

Aug 3, 2010, 8:32:05 AM8/3/10

1a. to appeal to macho types, giving them greater chick appeal.
1b. to eliminate the stupid by:
- 1b1 direct elimination of those who can't take a hint from the
plant's defences (although it has failed to take out at least one
stupido before it bred - tabasco & habenero sandwiches, lovely grub)
- 1b2 signalling to chicks that the potential mate is either grossly
insensitive or lacks the intellectual tools necessary to avoid
unnecessary pain.

2. to allow the chicks to disguise the taste of unpalatable food
(eg, rotting meat or fresh vegetables (tricksy hobbitses can keep
nasty cabbage)) and giving the macho types no choice but to eat it
(else they be accused of wimpishness)

BDK

Aug 3, 2010, 9:30:51 AM8/3/10
In article <8bpue6...@mid.individual.net>, radgr...@yahoo.com
says...

WTF does that mean? Mindless babble is all you seem to be capable of
doing lately.

> >> Same with TV Shows, movies, books, the news, it's all about the same person, me.
> >
> > BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! You? I don't remember ever seeing a movie, TV
> > shoe, book, or news story about a loon living in Austraila, who thinks
> > he's "Genesis Adam", claims he owns Camgirls.com but doesn't, and who
> > makes insane mumbling videos where he flips through a book, then claims

> > the answers have some connection to the question, even though it's loo

> > perfectly obvious they don't to any sane person there isn't 99+% of the
> > time.
>

> What about X-men? Evolution of supernatural powers.

It's a comic book, you loon!

> What about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, where the Truman actor
> once again plays the "victim of corporation" with mind control technology.

Again, I have no idea what you're babbling about here.

> >> I'm not sure what your moralistic goal type comment has to do with my post,
> >> as Genesis Adam I have many powerful enemies hurting me every day. Hollering
> >> my daily SOS is all I can do.
> >>
> >> Herc
> >>

> > Why would "Genesis Adam" need to be sending SOS's, you mumbling moron?
>
> Because the mind controlling USA rogue secret service department is satanic in nature.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! There's no reality left in you, is there?

> Being Genesis Adam makes it easy for them to continue unabated by any investigations.

That makes about as much sense as the rest of your ravings.

> > Wait...I think Dr. Smith was sending me a message from beyond...oh dear,
> > oh dear!!
> >
> > Does your therapist know about your delusions of being psychic and
> > "Genesis Adam"?
> >

> One shrink said "you thought you were Adam and she was Eve".
>
> Herc

Sounds like the shrink had you figured out pretty well. So why did you
stop going/taking your pills?

Ben Kaufman

Aug 3, 2010, 1:23:33 PM8/3/10
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 04:48:57 -0700 (PDT), "nu...@bid.nes" <alie...@gmail.com>
wrote:

To spice up Matzos but the Passover that this was to be revealed the whole Jesus
thing took front stage.

Ben

Mickey

Aug 3, 2010, 2:43:11 PM8/3/10
On Aug 3, 3:09 am, BDK <TopSh...@sanity.com> wrote:
> In article <8bphvdFq6...@mid.individual.net>, radgray...@yahoo.com
Herc knows that he's been totally defeated in his
attempt to prove that he's a psychic, so he's
changing the subject. That's all he's doing. He
is so obvious. For a 'god' to be foolish, obvious,
unintelligent and uneducated, not to mention
mentally ill, is not a good thing.

Mickey

Aug 3, 2010, 2:48:56 PM8/3/10
On Aug 3, 4:01 am, "|-|ercules" <radgray...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Government Shill #2" <gov.sh...@gmail.com> wrote ...
>

> > On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 11:58:47 +1000, "|-|ercules" <radgray...@yahoo.com>
What he wrote makes perfect sense. You are just too
dense to understand it. Did you even read it all?

Mickey

Aug 3, 2010, 2:52:27 PM8/3/10
On Aug 3, 6:04 am, "|-|ercules" <radgray...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Government Shill #2" <gov.sh...@gmail.com> wrote ...
>

> > On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 18:01:56 +1000, "|-|ercules" <radgray...@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >>"Government Shill #2" <gov.sh...@gmail.com> wrote ...

Thank you for admitting what you do. Projecting your
own actions gives you away.

spudnik

Aug 3, 2010, 5:01:53 PM8/3/10
so, what is your hypothesis as to the mechanism,
percieved a sweetness -- *o* said,
Let'em eat sweet?

* http://tarpley.net/

> The sugar cartel have engineered it to be desirable so that the

--les ducs d'oil!
http://tarpley.net/online-books/

--Light, A History!
http://wlym.com/~animations/fermat/index.html

Apostate

Aug 3, 2010, 5:57:20 PM8/3/10
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 14:01:53 -0700 (PDT), spudnik <Spac...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>so, what is your hypothesis as to the mechanism,
>percieved a sweetness -- *o* said,
>Let'em eat sweet?

I'll take a crack at it.

1) First is the matter of receptor shape: anything that approximates a fit to the same
receptor (sensing end of a taste bud) will trigger firing of the attached-to neuron,
sending a signal to the brain that "ligand fitting this receptor is detected".

2) This means that fruits, which are highly valuable dietary elements, will excite at
least some of the same brain circuits as refined sugar, a thing not encountered
until too recently to have had much evolutionary impact until now. It's a bit more
complicated, since "sweet" is only one of a number of signals from "fruit", "tart"
being another, e.g.

3) Ancestral brain circuits that reacted to "sweet" by switching on "oh! goodie!" centers
rather than "peeYEW!!" or "Help! I'm poisoned!" centers in the brain proved
advantageous by encouraging the behavior of eating fruits. The fruit-stinks
crowd made out relatively more poorly.

This explanation is less useful if you further need to be persuaded that fruit is
actually beneficial, which is beyond the scope and purpose of this 'lesson'.

HTH.

--
Apostate alt.atheist #1931 I've found it!
BAAWA Knife AND SMASHer Trance Gemini Minion #'e'

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt." -- Bertrand Russell

"Mr. Worf, set phasers on "Fuck You" and fire at will."
. -- Doc Smartass

"Nature has a dark sense of humor, but life is certainly
one of the things it laughs at."
-- Rinaldo of Capadoccia

|-|ercules

Aug 3, 2010, 7:12:35 PM8/3/10
"Mickey" <hypa...@comcast.net> wrote ...

so sugar is sweet because there's so many planets in the Universe
one or two are bound to come across C12H22O11?

that makes perfect sense to you?

Herc

|-|ercules

Aug 3, 2010, 9:12:22 PM8/3/10
"BDK" <TopS...@sanity.com> wrote

>> > BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! You? I don't remember ever seeing a movie, TV
>> > shoe, book, or news story about a loon living in Austraila, who thinks
>> > he's "Genesis Adam", claims he owns Camgirls.com but doesn't, and who
>> > makes insane mumbling videos where he flips through a book, then claims
>> > the answers have some connection to the question, even though it's loo
>> > perfectly obvious they don't to any sane person there isn't 99+% of the
>> > time.
>>

>> What about X-men? Evolution of supernatural powers.
>
> It's a comic book, you loon!

And a movie.

>> What about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, where the Truman actor
>> once again plays the "victim of corporation" with mind control technology.
>
> Again, I have no idea what you're babbling about here.

Most Jim Carey movies have a victim of powerful government/corporation mind manipulation theme.

What about Bruce Willis the unharmed survivor of a train crash where 300 people died.
IMMORTALITY THEME

What abou the ghost movie where there is ONLY ONE PERSON who can communicate with the
spirit world. (ghosts of dead people)
MY CLAIM

What about Shakira's hit song.

Where Eva
Where Eva
We're meant to be together.

Not the actual words, but clearly a ADAM / EVE destiny theme.

I barely watch any movies and most of them are variations of the same theme, ADAM.

Herc

Smiler.

Aug 3, 2010, 10:21:21 PM8/3/10

Par for the course for the mindless Jerc.

--
Smiler
The godless one.

Smiler.

Aug 3, 2010, 10:27:53 PM8/3/10

That's another Irony Meter you owe me, Jerc.

BDK

Aug 4, 2010, 12:24:22 AM8/4/10
In article <8brt3l...@mid.individual.net>, radgr...@yahoo.com
says...

> "BDK" <TopS...@sanity.com> wrote

> >> What about X-men? Evolution of supernatural powers.
> >
> > It's a comic book, you loon!
>
> And a movie.

Yes, and a shitty one.

> >> What about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, where the Truman actor
> >> once again plays the "victim of corporation" with mind control technology.
> >
> > Again, I have no idea what you're babbling about here.
>
> Most Jim Carey movies have a victim of powerful government/corporation mind manipulation theme.

Such as? That makes no sense, as expected from you.

> What about Bruce Willis the unharmed survivor of a train crash where 300 people died.
> IMMORTALITY THEME

That was one of M.Night Shamster's horrible movies. One of the worst,
and that's pretty bad.

> What abou the ghost movie where there is ONLY ONE PERSON who can communicate with the
> spirit world. (ghosts of dead people)
> MY CLAIM

ANOTHER of of M.Night's shitty fucking movies.

> What about Shakira's hit song.
>
> Where Eva
> Where Eva
> We're meant to be together.
>
> Not the actual words, but clearly a ADAM / EVE destiny theme.

I don't know the song, but the few examples above hardly begin to prove
your point.

> I barely watch any movies and most of them are variations of the same theme, ADAM.
>
> Herc

You need to watch other movies. Or just take your pills and this ADAM
nonsense will disappear.

|-|ercules

Aug 4, 2010, 4:08:52 AM8/4/10
"spudnik" <Spac...@hotmail.com> wrote...

> so, what is your hypothesis as to the mechanism,
> percieved a sweetness -- *o* said,
> Let'em eat sweet?

Yeh, but let's dress it up a little.

At the moment of *creation* (snicker) about 10^-50 seconds before the Universe
was the size of a match head, trillions of googleplexes of parallel quantum futures
searched far into the future, 99.999......9% resulted in boring Universes so the
one dimensional datastream Mind Of God (snicker) selected the values of all the fundamental
constants so you could get a value meal at Maccas before 1am which was sweee eeet.

Herc

Yap

Aug 4, 2010, 4:18:36 AM8/4/10
On 4 Ogos, 08:12, "|-|ercules" <radgray...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "BDK" <TopSh...@sanity.com> wrote

Ah, so adam was real?
Telling that to the Chinese, and they will punch you to the ground or
make you into a meatball.

|-|ercules

Aug 4, 2010, 4:28:14 AM8/4/10
"Yap" <hhya...@gmail.com> wrote

I'm Adam. You Ape! Yap!

Herc
--
Can you help Genesis Adam on his mission from God?
STEP 1 - Get all you f*cking Apes out of Eden

Excognito

Aug 4, 2010, 4:40:35 AM8/4/10
On 4 Aug, 09:08, "|-|ercules" <radgray...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "spudnik" <Space...@hotmail.com> wrote...

That was just a side-effect. The real reason the Universe exists is so
that the sound of the Rolls-Royce Merlin engine could be heard in the
skies above Southern England some 70 years ago - now That's sweet.

Autymn D. C.

Aug 4, 2010, 4:47:52 AM8/4/10
On Aug 2, 6:58 pm, "|-|ercules" <radgray...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> According to atheists, we PERCEIVE it as sweet so our ancestors were
> more likely to consume it for energy to pass on their genes!

Yet sugar is more inefficient in the long run than starch, and is
unhealthier than fat to the liver, bones, and teeth.

> But that would mean chicken, lamb, mustard and every taste is purely

mustard,

> manufactured by our brains to give it some functional relevance.
>
> Either that or it's a just a COINCIDENCE that the simplest most available
> food chemical has this wonderful sweet taste sensation.

Salt is simpler, and I'll bet there's more salt than sugar on Earth.

Why is sugar sweet... Why is antifreeze sweet? Why is nitroglycerin
sweet? Why is aspartame sweet? The solubil C-O-H group smack is the
outcome of omnivoral kinship with worts and their sapth so as to tell
between bitter (bad) and sweet (good) foods at harvest; omnivorals
then drop or poop the healthy seeds and help along the worts another
year.

> It's just one of MILLIONS of coincidences.
>
> Another example:  If the Earth was 50% smaller, we would have no atmosphere
> like Mars.  If Earth was 50% bigger our muscles would be too weak to carry a

bigger -> greater
weak -> limp

http://google.com/groups?q=%22Comparisons+for+the+illiterate%22

> Or water, H20.  It's the only chemical of it's type that is liquid at around 300 Kelvin,
> It's unique Hydrogen bond giving the characteristic bend in the molecule alters it's

it's -> its
It's -> Its
it's -> its
Why can't cretins ever spell its?

> properties so that there are liquid oceans on livable planets.  No liquid water, no life!
>
> Speaking of water, osmosis!  This function is absolutely critical for life to exist, except
> maybe phsophorous life forms.  No osmosis, no life.

Watter is not H20. You are wrong again--there are many liquid
compounds at 300 kelvins. (I can name about ten, and half's liquid
range is pretty wide.) Among them, hydrazine is the best substitute
for many properties but the bend. This is only a problem for snowball/
slushball Earths and frozen lakes. However, in frozen lakes there'd
be a selector for warm-bloodeds who can stay afloat and cold-bloodeds
who freeze well, aka wood frogs. Hydrazine-life would be advantageose
over us below freezing, wherefore their cells would not blow up and
burst---they would easily survive suspended animation.

> There are THOUSANDS of narrow windows of opportunity and life depends on every
> single one.  The best argument AGAINST a creator was written by Rich Dawk!
>
> Yet according to the atheist it's just a bit of luck!  Wait a few billion years and the strongest
> survive QED.

Read The Medea Hypothesis.

> Herc
> --
> asshole (n) ah - sew - l
> the guys who nailed Jesus to the cross
> then whipped him for bleeding on the ground
> see Truman Company

Who's a bigger arsehole, the Romans or the Old (Torah: Ghen 6:6 shows
it's his fault.), Mid (Nev-ijm), and Latter (Revelation) Gods?

http://google.com/search?q=%22Myth+of+the+Historical+Veracity+of+Jesus%22
http://google.com/search?q=%22Jesus+never+existed%22
http://google.com/search?q=%22The+God+Who+Wasn't+There%22
http://google.com/search?q=%22The+Beast+Movie%22
http://google.com/search?q=%22Truth+Be+Known%22
http://google.com/search?q=%22Yeshu+HaNotzri%22
http://nobeliefs.com
http://nakedemperor.netfirms.com
http://twitter.com/alysdexia/favorites

-Aut

Androcles

Aug 4, 2010, 5:18:28 AM8/4/10

"Excognito" <stuar...@gmail.com> wrote in message

| On 4 Aug, 09:08, "|-|ercules" <radgray...@yahoo.com> wrote:
| > "spudnik" <Space...@hotmail.com> wrote...
| > > so, what is your hypothesis as to the mechanism,
| > > percieved a sweetness -- *o* said,
| > > Let'em eat sweet?
| >
| > Yeh, but let's dress it up a little.
|
| > At the moment of *creation* (snicker) about 10^-50 seconds before the
Universe
| > was the size of a match head, trillions of googleplexes

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/googolplex
: the figure 1 followed by a googol of zeros

A googol isn't Google (snicker).

| > of parallel quantum futures
| > searched far into the future, 99.999......9% resulted in boring
Universes so the
| > one dimensional datastream Mind Of God (snicker) selected the values of
all the fundamental
| > constants so you could get a value meal at Maccas before 1am which was
sweee eeet.

| That was just a side-effect. The real reason the Universe exists is so
| that the sound of the Rolls-Royce Merlin engine could be heard in the
| skies above Southern England some 70 years ago - now That's sweet.

That was just an important prelude. The real reason the Universe exists is
so
that four Rolls-Royce Olympus engines could create a sonic boom in the skies
above Southern England from the sweetest plane ever built, some 35 years ago
- now that's REALLY sweet.

Excognito

Aug 4, 2010, 5:41:59 AM8/4/10
On 4 Aug, 10:18, "Androcles" <Headmas...@Hogwarts.physics_z> wrote:
> "Excognito" <stuartbr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> | On 4 Aug, 09:08, "|-|ercules" <radgray...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> | > "spudnik" <Space...@hotmail.com> wrote...
> | >
> | > Yeh, but let's dress it up a little.
> |
> | > At the moment of *creation* (snicker) about 10^-50 seconds before the
> Universe
> | > was the size of a match head, trillions of googleplexes
>
>  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/googolplex
> : the figure 1 followed by a googol of zeros
>
> A googol isn't Google (snicker).
>
> | > of parallel quantum futures
> | > searched far into the future, 99.999......9% resulted in boring
> Universes so the
> | > one dimensional datastream Mind Of God (snicker) selected the values of
> all the fundamental
> | > constants so you could get a value meal at Maccas before 1am which was
> sweee eeet.

> | That was just a side-effect. The real reason the Universe exists is so
> | that the sound of the Rolls-Royce Merlin engine could be heard in the
> | skies above Southern England some 70 years ago - now That's sweet.
> |

> That was just an important prelude.

That would be Walton's Prelude (and Fugue), you're referring to? :-)

> The real reason the Universe exists is so
> that four Rolls-Royce Olympus engines could create a sonic boom in the skies
> above Southern England from the sweetest plane ever built, some 35 years ago
> - now that's REALLY sweet.

I take it you're referring to the 593 variant? The only ac referred to
without use of either the definite or indefinite article. True
Presence and should bring a huge grin to the face of every human with
a positive integer IQ or the vaguest semblance of a soul,

... but doesn't quite have that spine-tingling, throat-constricting
quality that a Spitfire has, particularly when performing a BofB fly-
past.

|-|ercules

Aug 4, 2010, 6:24:02 AM8/4/10
"Autymn D. C." <lysd...@sbcglobal.net> wrote

That is an exemplary post! Great example of not seeing the forest for the trees.

But the exploding ice cell is a myth, the ice fractures but nothing antifreeze can't fix.

I doubt I'll need to cryofreeze though, AI is 5 years away and regeneration another 10.

Herc

Androcles

Aug 4, 2010, 6:41:11 AM8/4/10

"Excognito" <stuar...@gmail.com> wrote in message

No, Ralph Vaughan William's Variation on a Theme by Thomas Tallis.
(which is sugar to Walton's saccharin and a variation on your engine theme).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y7nJL1hpUU

> The real reason the Universe exists is so
> that four Rolls-Royce Olympus engines could create a sonic boom in the
> skies
> above Southern England from the sweetest plane ever built, some 35 years
> ago
> - now that's REALLY sweet.

I take it you're referring to the 593 variant? The only ac referred to
without use of either the definite or indefinite article. True
Presence and should bring a huge grin to the face of every human with
a positive integer IQ or the vaguest semblance of a soul,

... but doesn't quite have that spine-tingling, throat-constricting
quality that a Spitfire has, particularly when performing a BofB fly-
past.

I was living in Pittsburgh when I witnessed BA's inaugural service to
that fair city. To my horror, Concorde came down the glideslope to
within fifty feet of the runway with the undercart retracted. After
inspection the captain performed the most beautiful go-around
imaginable as he opened up the hungry throats of those four engines
to swallow air and deliver it at full thrust, informing the neighbourhood
of BA's arrival and releasing the lump from my larynx to be replaced
by the joy in my heart. No fanfare could be better. It is a wonder that I
did not suffer cardiac arrest as I saw the plane I had help to build
demonstrate full bragging rights to Americans, the erstwhile champions
of boast. They may have their Mustangs and B52s, they cannot match
a Spitfire and a Concorde.

alie...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2010, 7:38:50 AM8/4/10
On Aug 3, 5:32 am, Excognito <stuartbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 12:48 pm, "n...@bid.nes" <alien8...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 2, 6:58 pm, "|-|ercules" <radgray...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > According to atheists, we PERCEIVE it as sweet so our ancestors were
> > > more likely to consume it for energy to pass on their genes!
>
> > > But that would mean chicken, lamb, mustard and every taste is purely
> > > manufactured by our brains to give it some functional relevance.
>
> >   Why do you believe hot peppers are "hot"? Many people, including me,
> > make a point of eating them not because they're nutritious (they
> > happen to be extremely so) but because we like the heat.
>
> > (froups trimmed randomly coz stoopit Google Gropes only allows xposts
> > to five at a time)
>
> >   Mark L. Fergerson
>
> 1a.  to appeal to macho types, giving them greater chick appeal.

Wow. I've never been called (even by implication) macho before.

> 1b.  to eliminate the stupid by:
>  - 1b1 direct elimination of those who can't take a hint from the
> plant's defences (although it has failed to take out at least one
> stupido before it bred - tabasco & habenero sandwiches, lovely grub)
>  - 1b2 signalling to chicks that the potential mate is either grossly
> insensitive or lacks the intellectual tools necessary to avoid
> unnecessary pain.

I see that you associate what I call "heat" with "pain". Since you
are apparently a totally non-macho wimp who never got over your first
taste of "hot" food, let me assure you that pain is not the object for
me; I just like the taste. Peppers of different varieties have
different, complex complements of flavors.

Yeah, there are those who seek out the hottest possible peppers for
macho points, but I don't care about that silliness. Any woman who is
impressed with that sort of behavior is... not to my taste.

> 2.    to allow the chicks to disguise the taste of unpalatable food
> (eg, rotting meat or fresh vegetables (tricksy hobbitses can keep
> nasty cabbage)) and giving the macho types no choice but to eat it
> (else they be accused of wimpishness)

Gosh, have you heard of "refrigeration"?

So basically, you're claiming that eating hot peppers is "unnatural"
for humans?

Why?

Mark L. Fergerson

Excognito

Aug 4, 2010, 8:46:07 AM8/4/10
On 4 Aug, 12:38, "n...@bid.nes" <alien8...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 5:32 am, Excognito <stuartbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >   Why do you believe hot peppers are "hot"? Many people, including me,
> > > make a point of eating them not because they're nutritious (they
> > > happen to be extremely so) but because we like the heat.
>
> > > (froups trimmed randomly coz stoopit Google Gropes only allows xposts
> > > to five at a time)
>
> > >   Mark L. Fergerson
>
> > 1a.  to appeal to macho types, giving them greater chick appeal.
>
>   Wow. I've never been called (even by implication) macho before.
>
> > 1b.  to eliminate the stupid by:
> >  - 1b1 direct elimination of those who can't take a hint from the
> > plant's defences (although it has failed to take out at least one
> > stupido before it bred - tabasco & habenero sandwiches, lovely grub)
> >  - 1b2 signalling to chicks that the potential mate is either grossly
> > insensitive or lacks the intellectual tools necessary to avoid
> > unnecessary pain.
>
>   I see that you associate what I call "heat" with "pain".

Oh yes. I assure you, I have seen grown men turn bright red, break
out into hot flushes and scream whilst simultaneously downing copious
amounts of cold liquids following munching on a chilli. I know it
beggars belief, but there you go. On a personal level, I also
associate it with gastronomic delight.

> Since you are apparently a totally non-macho wimp who never got over your first
> taste of "hot" food, let me assure you that pain is not the object for
> me; I just like the taste.

Whilst I may be a totally non-macho wimp, I can't say I've ever
experienced the 'pain' you refer to - I was, as outlined above, merely
referring to the modal behaviour I have witnessed.

BTW, I didn't imply *you* were macho, I simply said that some macho
types will eat them to impress the fair sex. As you're not attracted
to the kind of women who would be impressed, ...

>   Yeah, there are those who seek out the hottest possible peppers for
> macho points, but I don't care about that silliness. Any woman who is
> impressed with that sort of behavior is... not to my taste.

I'm an engineer posting on a physics forum. Whatever it takes, man,
whatever it takes.

> > 2.    to allow the chicks to disguise the taste of unpalatable food
> > (eg, rotting meat or fresh vegetables (tricksy hobbitses can keep
> > nasty cabbage)) and giving the macho types no choice but to eat it
> > (else they be accused of wimpishness)
>   Gosh, have you heard of "refrigeration"?

Yep. But there's not really enough room left for food after I've
filled it with beer.

>   So basically, you're claiming that eating hot peppers is "unnatural" for humans?
>   Why?

Good grief, no. I have no idea whether eating tasty food is unnatural
for humans. However, having observed several thousand members of the
species in the wild, I can confidently state that most will avoid
anything resembling even a mild chilli or curry (eg, Vindaloo).
Indeed, I strongly suspect, based upon certain physiological reactions
and their need to consume cold water (ie, lager-type beers), that even
those who claim to enjoy such meals are stepping well beyond their
comfort zones; at one particular Indian restaurant, I was offered a
delightful Phal that the bunch of trained killers I was with regarded
as suicidally hot. In fact, come to think of it, I don't know anybody
else who actually enjoys chilli pepper sandwiches. There's no
accounting for taste, I guess.

>Peppers of different varieties have different, complex complements of flavors.

I know, but you trying telling to that to bland people and they don't
believe you.

Frederick Williams

Aug 4, 2010, 8:56:42 AM8/4/10
|-|ercules wrote:

> It's [water's] unique Hydrogen bond giving the characteristic bend in the molecule ...

What utter rot.

--
I can't go on, I'll go on.

JessHC

Aug 4, 2010, 9:16:52 AM8/4/10

Just can't decide on a name, hmm?

|-|ercules

Aug 4, 2010, 4:52:29 PM8/4/10
"Frederick Williams" <frederick...@tesco.net> wrote

> |-|ercules wrote:
>
>> It's [water's] unique Hydrogen bond giving the characteristic bend in the molecule ...
>
> What utter rot.

I'm sure my Chemistry teacher said the class of molecule water falls into it should be a gas.

What causes the bend then? Even though it's not necessary for the sugar argument.

Herc

Smiler.

Aug 4, 2010, 9:22:57 PM8/4/10

Guilty, but only when I've had a *serious* case of the munchies.
"Flavour, flavour, I NEED flavour!" :-)

> There's no
> accounting for taste, I guess.
>
>> Peppers of different varieties have different, complex complements
>> of flavors.
>
> I know, but you trying telling to that to bland people and they don't
> believe you.

"You were lucky......"

Clocky

Aug 5, 2010, 4:21:14 AM8/5/10

His name is A-dumb alright, even his own god calls him that.

Yap

Aug 5, 2010, 4:37:37 AM8/5/10
On 4 Ogos, 15:28, "|-|ercules" <radgray...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Yap" <hhyaps...@gmail.com> wrote
You are ape as well, no diff and is not up to you.

Frederick Williams

Aug 5, 2010, 7:57:33 AM8/5/10

See Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water#Chemical_and_physical_properties:

"The four electron pairs surrounding the oxygen tend to arrange
themselves as far from each other as possible in order to minimize
repulsions between these clouds of negative charge. This would
ordinarily result in a tetrahedral geometry in which the angle between
electron pairs (and therefore the H-O-H bond angle) is 109.5°. However,
because the two non-bonding pairs remain closer to the oxygen atom,
these exert a stronger repulsion against the two covalent bonding pairs,
effectively pushing the two hydrogen atoms closer together. The result
is a distorted tetrahedral arrangement in which the H-O-H angle is
104.5°.[12]"

And reference [12]: http://www.chem1.com/acad/sci/aboutwater.html

The "bend" as you call it may facilitate hydrogen bonding, but not vice
versa.

|-|ercules

Aug 5, 2010, 4:44:22 PM8/5/10
"Frederick Williams" <frederick...@tesco.net> wrote ...

In that case, change "giving" to "from".

Herc