Many worlds speculation--a complete waste of time

Ken Seto

Sep 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/13/95

We are wasting a lot of time by discussing the many world theory. All
this is because we have a consistent piece of mathematics by Hugh
Everette. I will demonstrate my reasoning with the following example:
Take the equation < x/y=2>, if x represents apples and y represents
people then this equation implies that every person receives two
apples. This equation contains an infinite number of abstract initail
conditions that will satisfy the solution of this equation--these are
those conditions that involve any odd or fractional number of apples
and any fractional number of people (the reason is obvious, there is
no such thing as a fraction of a person). This equation also contains
an infinite number of real initial conditions and these are even
number of apples and whole number of people involved. With this
example, we can conclude that all real event must preceed by real
initial conditions. This conclusion will undoubtedly raise a lot of
eye brows among the quantum theory enthusiats. But maybe this will set
them in another direction to explain the weird results of the various
quantum experiments such as the double slit experiment. For more
detail discussion of this look up my web page
<http://www.erinet.com/kenseto/book.html>
ken...@erinet.com

Mountain Man

Sep 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/15/95
ken...@erinet.com (Ken Seto) wrote:

>We are wasting a lot of time by discussing the many world theory. All
>this is because we have a consistent piece of mathematics by Hugh
>Everette. I will demonstrate my reasoning with the following example:
>Take the equation < x/y=2>, if x represents apples and y represents
>people then this equation implies that every person receives two
>apples. This equation contains an infinite number of abstract initail
>conditions that will satisfy the solution of this equation--these are
>those conditions that involve any odd or fractional number of apples
>and any fractional number of people (the reason is obvious, there is
>no such thing as a fraction of a person).

Then again, if your initial experimental conditions involved a period of
time, and one particular person was only present in the control
environment for half that period of time, then as far as the experiment
went, you would have to cater for the concept of half a person.

>This equation also contains
>an infinite number of real initial conditions and these are even
>number of apples and whole number of people involved. With this
>example, we can conclude that all real event must preceed by real
>initial conditions.

With this example we can conclude nothing, except that it may be a good
idea to share some food if there are a number of people around who are
hungry and we happen to have some experimental apples about.

>This conclusion will undoubtedly raise a lot of
>eye brows among the quantum theory enthusiats. But maybe this will set
>them in another direction to explain the weird results of the various
>quantum experiments such as the double slit experiment.
> For more detail discussion of this look up my web page

>ken...@erinet.com

As usual, when I checked the page, it points to a dead tree with ink
available at a cost. Why dont you publish the entire book on the web so
that everyone can benefit from the *possibility* that you may actually
have something to offer the development of scientific knowledge?

BoomerangOutPost: Mountain Man Graphics, Australia
SnailMail: P.O. Box 194, Newport Beach, NSW 2106, Australia
E-Mail: prfb...@magna.com.au
QuoteForTheDay: "All Things are Connected" Chief Seattle, 1854.

Mountain Man

Sep 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/15/95

Mountain Man <prfb...@magna.com.au> wrote:

I wish to correct this earler post after reading the information supplied
in regard to the contents and conclusion of the deadtreebook........

Although you have not published the book on the net, you have provided
sufficient detailed and structural framework concerning your theory at
your "conclusion" section.

Pete.