Integration w/o Smoothing; Demodulate, Integrate and then Take the Quotient

Bret Cahill

Feb 19, 2010, 10:59:17 AM2/19/10
There is no reason to smooth after demodulation in some low noise lock
in amplifier situations.

If you are taking the quotient of two signals that are identical
except for magnitude and noise, i.e., shape, frequency and phase
angle, simply low pass integrate each signal after each is multiplied
by the reference.

Once the S/N ratio is high enough simply take the quotient without
wasting time to smooth either signal.

No smoothing of either demodulated signal is necessary because the
rectified humps appear in both the numerator and denominator in phase
and with the same relative size as the quotient.

This is important in low noise situations where there isn't time to
smooth the humps.

This simple filtering solution should be fairly common in electronics.

Bret Cahill

George Herold

Feb 19, 2010, 2:16:47 PM2/19/10

What is smoothing?

"simply low pass integrate each signal after each is multiplied
> by the reference."

Low pass filtering is smoothing. Your low pass filter time constant
sets the effective "Q" of the lockin.

George H.

Michael A. Terrell

Feb 19, 2010, 3:25:04 PM2/19/10

George Herold wrote:

> On Feb 19, 10:59 am, Bret Cahill <BretCah...@peoplepc.com> wrote:
> > There is no reason to smooth after demodulation in some low noise lock
> > in amplifier situations.
> >
> > If you are taking the quotient of two signals that are identical
> > except for magnitude and noise, i.e., shape, frequency and phase
> > angle, simply low pass integrate each signal after each is multiplied
> > by the reference.
> >
> > Once the S/N ratio is high enough simply take the quotient without
> > wasting time to smooth either signal.
> >
> > No smoothing of either demodulated signal is necessary because the
> > rectified humps appear in both the numerator and denominator in phase
> > and with the same relative size as the quotient.
> >
> > This is important in low noise situations where there isn't time to
> > smooth the humps.
> >
> > This simple filtering solution should be fairly common in electronics.
> >
> > Bret Cahill
>
> What is smoothing?

In Brett's case? Using a belt sander to remove the humps from a
camel.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

John Larkin

Feb 19, 2010, 11:10:13 PM2/19/10

But it's not. So the possibilities are...

1. It's been thought of before, but it doesn't work

or

2. You, law clerk or whatever you are, thought of it first, and tens
of thousands of control engineers, over the last 100 years, missed it.

John

who never was a big fan of dividing by zero.

Bret Cahill

Feb 20, 2010, 12:02:51 AM2/20/10
> >There is no reason to smooth after demodulation in some low noise lock
> >in amplifier situations.
>
> >If you are taking the quotient of two signals that are identical
> >except for magnitude and noise, i.e., shape, frequency and phase
> >angle, simply low pass integrate each signal after each is multiplied
> >by the reference.
>
> >Once the S/N ratio is high enough simply take the quotient without
> >wasting time to smooth either signal.
>
> >No smoothing of either demodulated signal is necessary because the
> >rectified humps appear in both the numerator and denominator in phase
> >and with the same relative size as the quotient.
>
> >This is important in low noise situations where there isn't time to
> >smooth the humps.
>
> >This simple filtering solution should be fairly common in electronics.
>
> But it's not.

Then it will make a perfect method patent.

Bret Cahill

John Larkin

Feb 20, 2010, 12:42:30 AM2/20/10

Enjoy!

John

Bret Cahill

Feb 20, 2010, 12:52:55 AM2/20/10
> > There is no reason to smooth after demodulation in some low noise lock
> > in amplifier situations.

More generally, if you are only trying to reduce the noise by a
limited amount.

> > If you are taking the quotient of two signals that are identical
> > except for magnitude and noise, i.e., shape, frequency and phase
> > angle, simply low pass integrate each signal after each is multiplied
> > by the reference.
>
> > Once the S/N ratio is high enough simply take the quotient without
> > wasting time to smooth either signal.
>
> > No smoothing of either demodulated signal is necessary because the
> > rectified humps appear in both the numerator and denominator in phase
> > and with the same relative size as the quotient.
>
> > This is important in low noise situations where there isn't time to
> > smooth the humps.
>
> > This simple filtering solution should be fairly common in electronics.
>
> > Bret Cahill
>
> What is smoothing?

Say a rectifier outputs a voltage proportional to |sinwt|. It's not a
constant DC voltage.

If you want a constant DC voltage then you must smooth somehow.

> "simply low pass integrate each signal after each is multiplied

> > by the reference."

> Low pass filtering is smoothing.

Which takes time even if the noise in an ac signal is low or non
existent.

If you are taking a quotient of two low noise signals as in the OP,
however, then no smoothing of each (ref.) X (signal) output is
necessary. You only need to integrate just long enough to reduce the
noise to an acceptable level.

Any voltage fluctuations due to the signals will cancel in the
quotient.

Bret Cahill

Bret Cahill

Feb 20, 2010, 12:54:11 AM2/20/10
> Greed is the root of

Eating like a pig is the root of all obesity.

Bret Cahill

Michael A. Terrell

Feb 20, 2010, 3:42:35 AM2/20/10

Bret Cahill wrote:

> > Greed is the root of
>
> Eating like a pig is the root of all obesity.

You should know, fat ass.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

Bret Cahill

Feb 20, 2010, 8:04:35 AM2/20/10
> > > Greed is the root of
>
> > Eating like a pig is the root of all obesity.
>
>    You should know, fat ass.

You're projecting.

At one time I was obese but I started reading up on Jefferson and
after I acquired freedom of mind I started to leave the fat, grease
and corn syrup products on the display rack.

Now I'm only a few pounds overweight.

Bret Cahill

Magnetic

Feb 20, 2010, 9:39:19 AM2/20/10
CENR leader and other criminals do not come to my town. You are banned
here forever, not depending from the results of the LHC experiment.

Between Mars and Jupiter there was a planet, which was probably
exploded with the help of collider. Now there is an asteroid belt
there.

In a week or slightly more CERN physicists can transform the Earth
into new asteroid belt.
In a billion years your remnants will drop at the decks of Venues
pirates.

Somebody asks: “Ivan, how does a magnetic hole turn a whole planet
into an asteroid belt?”

Magnetic hole grows by millions times more rapidly than black hole. It
captures protons, ruins them onto x-bosons and positrons, swallows x-
bosons and becomes bigger; eject positrons, releasing the energy,
which is equivalent to 1/3 of rest energy of proton per each act of
induced proton decay.
Let’s suppose that magnetic hole had already ruined the hundredth part
of the Earths internal core. Then the external core of the Earth will
receive the energy in the form of heat Q = (M/(3*100))*c^2. This heat
will transform the internal core’s matter from liquid state into hot
plasma. The pressure of this plasma will be so great that the Earth’s
radius will grow with acceleration. The thickness of the Earth’s
mantle and crust will become smaller. At last Earth’s surface will be
torn on peaces and start into cosmos. These filaments will be
accelerated further by plasma wind, occurring from the central region
there the magnetic hole continue to capture the rarefying plasma
matter.
I can say without any computation that about of 1/100 of Earths matter
will be captured by magnetic hole; 1/10 of Earths matter will form the
new asteroid belt; the rest of Earth’s matter will leave the Solar
system with high velocity in the form of hot plasma.
If magnetic hole will be captured by the solar magnetic field, then
the Sun will undergo an explosion as supernova or several successive
explosions as nova.
From the other had, it is not excluded, that the magnetic hole will be
thrown out from the Solar system by magnetic forces, soon after the
Earth collaptical explosion.
In a billion years your remnants will drop at the decks of Venues
pirates, if you will be happy to enter into that 1/10 of Earth’s
matter, which had formed the new asteroid belt.

Existence of high energy cosmic rays (protons or ions) does not give
any guarantee that the same particle collisions are safe at head-on
colliders.
Indeed “dangerous particle condensate” (Condensate) can be created at
both cases.
It is obvious that Condensate has its rest energy and binding energy.
It was proved that total binding energy of Condensate is smaller than
kinetic energy of atmospheric particles in the system of Condensate,
if it was created by collision of cosmic particle with atmospheric
one. Consequently, cosmo-atmospheric Condensate would be ruined
immediately. But collider Condensate will not be ruined and it can
grow, if this growth is permitted by physical laws.

Till now there were theoretically described several types of
Condensates: pion condensate, stranglet, magnetized vacuum, magnetic
vacuum domain, magnetic holes and so on. In fact, the mentioned types
of condensates are different approximations to one and the same
Condensate, which can be created in Nature or in a physical
experiment. These approximations were grounded on different types of
forces. I tried to investigate Condensate, which is connected
presumably by magnetic forces. Now I can see that my results coincide
quite good with the results, received in the investigations of
Condensate, connected by pions (pion condensate, Migdal), gluon
condensate (Savvidy?), sea quark-antiquark pairs, strange quarks..

The main conclusion: Condensate can be created at particle collision
with energy of about 1-TeV per particle.

It is clear, at least for me, that microscopic droplet of Condensate
will be created very soon at LHC. This can lead to further rapid
explosion of Earth and extermination of our Civilization. Particle
physicists will not stop their experiments, because the stop of these
high-energy experiments will mean that they do recognize that these
collisions are really dangerous for the whole Earth. The recognition
of the danger will mean that most of particle physicists are already
criminals or global terrorists, - they did not stop their dangerous
experiments despite court cases and disputes, lasting nearly ten
years.

So, dear citizens, be ready to near death. You all will be murdered
soon by criminals, who name themselves as “scientists”.

http://darkenergy.narod.ru/

Dear citizens, in a week or slightly more you all will be killed by
physicists, promoting and performing particle collisions at LHC. What
can we do to save ourselves? Politicians and prosecutors did not help
us, despite of our call to them. They believe CERN physicists. So we
have no any other options, except physical extermination of potential
killers. Citizens of Geneva do not seat silently, block entrances to
CERN building, kill resisting murders, who name themselves
“scientists”, because they are global terrorists. Dear Arab
terrorists, drop a nuclear bomb at LHC. Citizens of Ukraine and
Russia, explode oil and gas pipe-lines, leading to Europe.

It is pity, but most of you do not believe us. Consequently, be ready
to be murdered by criminal physicists. It will happen in a week or
several days latter.

--------
The new start of Planetary Guillotine is planned on the next Thursday,
February the 25-th. Physicists will start from 450-GeV energies per
proton. In a couple of weeks they will welcome journalists and will
show us the 7-TeV collisions (3.5 TeV per proton). Now they remind me
those young people, who tried to squeeze out from their car all what
it can give. Kids withdrew their exiting race on a camera, not
realizing yet that they had made the film about their last minutes of
life. Nothing had left from the car and kids, except the video-film.
Somebody had taken it and uploaded it into Internet. I’m curious,
where will journalists try to upload the film about the Last Minutes
of Earth’s Life?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/18/lhc_fireup_2010_forecast/

spudnik

Feb 20, 2010, 4:32:47 PM2/20/10
ah, the old exploded planet hypothesis;
even Kepler could have been wrong about *some* thing (although,
he was not, about most things: http://wlym.com .-)

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/18/lhc_fireup_2010_forecast/

--Another Flower for Einstein:
http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/articles/spring01/Electrodynamics.html

--les OEuvres!
http://wlym.com

--Stop Cheeny, Ricw & the ICC in Sudan;
no more Anglo-american quagmires!
http://larouchepub.com/pr/2010/100204rice

Darwin123

Feb 20, 2010, 7:14:26 PM2/20/10
On Feb 20, 9:39 am, Magnetic <magnetic.t...@yandex.ua> wrote:
> CENR leader and other criminals do not come to my town. You are banned
> here forever, not depending from the results of the LHC experiment.
>
> Between Mars and Jupiter there was a planet, which was probably
> exploded with the help of collider. Now there is an asteroid belt
> there.
>
> In a week or slightly more CERN physicists can transform the Earth
> into new asteroid belt.
> In a billion years your remnants will drop at the decks of Venues
> pirates.

I just realized. On 25 February, I am delivering a public talk
about the history of germ warfare! The world could end during my
speech!
All these people concerned about germ warfare will suddenly be
destroyed by the ultimate in nuclear physics. That would be a
dramatic, if not ironic, end to my speaking career. Not to mention the
rest of the world.
You do know on 26 February, you are going to be inundated with
internet mockery. If there is an internet, that is.

Michael A. Terrell

Feb 20, 2010, 7:28:14 PM2/20/10

Bret Cahill wrote:

> > > Eating like a pig is the root of all obesity.
> >
> > You should know, fat ass.
>
> You're projecting.

No need. You're the fat ass. You can't stop talking about it. Like
Shakespear said, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

> At one time I was obese but I started reading up on Jefferson and
> after I acquired freedom of mind I started to leave the fat, grease
> and corn syrup products on the display rack.
>
> Now I'm only a few pounds overweight.

Yeah, right. And they only had to remove half the wall to get you
out. Too bad for you that Heraldo Rivera doesn't do those "fat ass
rescues" anymore.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

George Herold

Feb 20, 2010, 11:48:39 PM2/20/10
> Bret Cahill- Hide quoted text -

Do you have any 'scope pictures to share of your quotient idea.

If you've got a known frequency, low noise signal, then you can sample
synchronosly(sp.) and get a measure of the signal size with no low
pass filtering.

George H.

Magnetic

Feb 21, 2010, 6:14:27 AM2/21/10

Read the Great Job of Luis Sancho!
I would give him the Best Prize from the saved humanity, if the
humanity will have a brain to listen him and will have the time to
stop the CERN!

http://miniblackhole.achtphasen.net/Sancho/madolf_ct.pdf
Luis Sancho. A Quark Cannon in the Fractal Universe.

p.149
Mr. Wilczek, a Nobel prize, called the liquid with a more ominous
name, ice-9 and said it could blow the Earth.
…Instead of opening an investigation of the matter, CERN asked all
employees NOT to talk about Ice-9 and state there was no risk…

p. 153 Sheldon Glasgow, a Nobel Prize…
“…A new-born strangelet could engulf atomic nuclei, growing
relentlessly, and ultimately consuming the entire Earth..”

But after, Wilczek and Glasgow were hired by CERN to defend their
Global Guillotine.

Be ready to be killed, or take action to stop the global suicide.
http://darkenergy.narod.ru/

Bret Cahill

Feb 21, 2010, 12:22:04 PM2/21/10

> > More generally, if you are only trying to reduce the noise by a
> > limited amount.

> > > What issmoothing?
>
> > Say a rectifier outputs a voltage proportional to |sinwt|.  It's not a
> > constant DC voltage.
>
> > If you want a constant DC voltage then you must smooth somehow.
>
> > > "simply low pass integrate each signal after each is multiplied
> > > Low pass filtering issmoothing.
>
> > Which takes time even if the noise in an ac signal is low or non
> > existent.
>
> > If you are taking a quotient of two low noise signals as in the OP,
> > however, then nosmoothingof each (ref.) X (signal) output is

> > necessary.  You only need to integrate just long enough to reduce the
> > noise to an acceptable level.
>
> > Any voltage fluctuations due to the signals will cancel in the
> > quotient.
>
> >BretCahill- Hide quoted text -

> Do you have any 'scope pictures to share of your quotient idea.

With a divider circuit you could model it on SPICE. Make up your own
noise with a lot of voltage sources.

It would be easier to make up each signal, the sum of sinwt (the clean
signal) and cos(vt+phi) (the noise) terms and then multiply by a ref.
sinwt and then integrate to the same time for both signals.

And then divide to see if it homes in on a const. number

> If you've got a known frequency, low noise signal, then you can sample
> synchronosly(sp.) and get a measure of the signal size with no low
> pass filtering.

The goal is to get the noise down from 5 - 20% to below 0.5% so any
tactic that might be commonly used to do that is of interest here.

It may very well end up digital as that can be cost effective as well
as more flexible but it would be very surprising if this situation
isn't very common and a similar analog solution didn't appear decades
ago, long before netbooks cost $200.

Bret Cahill

Bret Cahill

Feb 21, 2010, 12:32:51 PM2/21/10

> > >    You should know, fat ass.
>
> > You're projecting.
>
>    No need.

Yet you do it anyway.

> You're the fat ass.

I've never been charged for two seats on SW Airlines.

> You can't stop talking about it.

You were the one who brought up your obesity problem.

> Like
> Shakespear said, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".
>
> > At one time I was obese but I started reading up on Jefferson and
> > after I acquired freedom of mind I started to leave the fat, grease
> > and corn syrup products on the display rack.
>
> > Now I'm only a few pounds overweight.
>
>   Yeah, right.  And they only had to remove half the wall to get you
> out.

I asked an engineer at GE if it was possible build an engine powerful
enough to get you lard buckets off the runway.

He said they kept increasing the bypass ratio for more thrust until
finally the fan was larger than the fuselage of a wide body [aircraft]
and the ducting became a drag.

So they invented a ductless turbofan.

> Too bad for you that Heraldo Rivera doesn't do those "fat ass
> rescues" anymore.

You need to stop sitting around watching so much TV.

And when you so watch TV don't stuff so much junk food into your face.

Admit it. You are stuffing chips into your face right now.

Bret Cahill

Michael Moroney

Feb 21, 2010, 6:20:55 PM2/21/10
Enough with your stupid predictions that won't ever come true. 4 billion
years of earth's history of not being destroyed by cosmic rays at least
8 orders of magnitude larger than CERN can ever produce shows you to be
the fool you are. I'm not going to hold yet another "yay! the earth
wasn't destroyed _again!_" party Feb 26th.

George Herold

Feb 21, 2010, 6:27:26 PM2/21/10
> Bret Cahill- Hide quoted text -

Got any pictures of what you call noise and what is signal. (Or I
guess to put it another way, is your noise fundamental. (Thermal
noise, shot noise and amplifer noise.) or is it something else?

George H.

Darwin123

Feb 21, 2010, 8:55:17 PM2/21/10
On Feb 21, 6:14 am, Magnetic <magnetic.t...@yandex.ua> wrote:

> But after, Wilczek and Glasgow were hired by CERN to defend their
> Global Guillotine.
>
> Be ready to be killed, or take action to stop the global suicide.http://darkenergy.narod.ru/

This is an unusually pathetic attempt to incite terrorism. It
won't work.

Michael A. Terrell

Feb 21, 2010, 8:59:41 PM2/21/10

Bret Cahill wrote:

> > > You're projecting.
> >
> > No need.
>
> Yet you do it anyway.
>
> > You're the fat ass.
>
> I've never been charged for two seats on SW Airlines.

Me either, lardo. I weighed 180 pounds the last time I flew.

> > You can't stop talking about it.
>
> You were the one who brought up your obesity problem.

Lie.

> > Like
> > Shakespear said, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".
> >
> > > At one time I was obese but I started reading up on Jefferson and
> > > after I acquired freedom of mind I started to leave the fat, grease
> > > and corn syrup products on the display rack.
> >
> > > Now I'm only a few pounds overweight.
> >
> > Yeah, right. And they only had to remove half the wall to get you
> > out.
>
> I asked an engineer at GE if it was possible build an engine powerful
> enough to get you lard buckets off the runway.
>
> He said they kept increasing the bypass ratio for more thrust until
> finally the fan was larger than the fuselage of a wide body [aircraft]
> and the ducting became a drag.

Yawn. more lies.

> So they invented a ductless turbofan.

And you invented the brain dead troll.

> > Too bad for you that Heraldo Rivera doesn't do those "fat ass
> > rescues" anymore.
>
> You need to stop sitting around watching so much TV.

How much is too much? Mostly the local news, and maybe another two
hours a week. I listen to WSM radio most of the day, every day while
working around the house or to repair the hurricane damage to my
workshop. For the first time in almost five years, I can get to the
workbench. I have spent about four hours a day this week on my feet
sorting through water damaged tools and parts. That is as much time as i
can spend on my feet, per day to keep my bad knee from going out.

All you do is post moronic crap and pretend to know what you're
talking about.

> And when you so watch TV don't stuff so much junk food into your face.

You're the one with a junk food fetish. You wouldn't know a good
diet, if someone stapled it to your forehead with a T-75.

> Admit it. You are stuffing chips into your face right now.

No, but I did just have a bowl of Chili for supper.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

Magnetic

Feb 22, 2010, 2:26:28 AM2/22/10
Scandal at CERN.
New article in German:
http://www.firmenpresse.de/pressinfo164449.html

Take action. Save yourself. Ban experiments at energies more than 0.1
TeV per particle at head-on colliders.

Read the Great Job of Luis Sancho!
I would give him the Best Prize from the saved humanity, if the
humanity will have a brain to listen him and will have the time to
stop the CERN!

http://miniblackhole.achtphasen.net/Sancho/madolf_ct.pdf
Luis Sancho. A Quark Cannon in the Fractal Universe.

p.149
Mr. Wilczek, a Nobel prize, called the liquid with a more ominous
name, ice-9 and said it could blow the Earth.
…Instead of opening an investigation of the matter, CERN asked all
employees NOT to talk about Ice-9 and state there was no risk…

p. 153 Sheldon Glasgow, a Nobel Prize…
“…A new-born strangelet could engulf atomic nuclei, growing
relentlessly, and ultimately consuming the entire Earth..”

But after, Wilczek and Glasgow were hired by CERN to defend their

Richard Dobson

Feb 22, 2010, 6:02:45 AM2/22/10
Please stop this drivel now. The LHC at full power is somewhat less
dangerous than lighting a match in an igloo the size of St Mark's
Venice. Are there any qualified scientists on these sci.whatever lists
AT ALL?

Or at least please stop sending to comp.dsp!

Richard Dobson

John Fields

Feb 22, 2010, 4:13:04 PM2/22/10

---
I have an idea.

Since there's no way you, or anyone else, can stop it, you may want to
save yourself what you consider to be an unpleasant death by going the
route of an instantaneous one and shooting yourself in the brain.

Make sure you take very careful aim, though, since you obviously don't
have a very large target.

JF

Magnetic

Feb 23, 2010, 5:00:13 AM2/23/10
On Feb 22, 11:13 pm, John Fields <jfie...@austininstruments.com>
wrote:
> JF- Hide quoted text -

THE BLACK HOLE CASE: THE INJUNCTION
AGAINST THE END OF THE WORLD
ERIC E. JOHNSON

p. 858

In August 2008, with the public opening of the LHC coming within
weeks,
John Ellis gave a talk in the CERN auditorium in which he sought “to
provide
the ammunition” that CERN people could use to convince others that the
collider poses no danger.357
After reviewing the scientific arguments that the LHC is safe, Ellis
explained that a question that worried him more than whether humanity
was
safe from the LHC, was the opposite—whether the LHC was safe from
humanity.358
Ellis then briefed the audience on unfavorable press reports, the
various
lawsuits filed to stop the LHC, and a public opinion poll indicating
that most
people thought the LHC was not worth the risk.359 Ellis also
introduced the
audience to Richard Posner, whom Ellis said he found “really
worrying.”360
Wrapping up, Ellis came to what his presentations slides labeled “The
Best
Answer.”361
“So, to finish,” Ellis said, “the way to stop all this argument about
whether
the LHC is going to destroy the planet is to get the LHC working.”362
“Within a few weeks time, we will know that LSAG was right.”363
Of course, in making such a statement, Ellis either showed that he
misapprehends the relevant physics, which seems highly doubtful, or he
revealed himself to be disingenuous.

-------------

Police, stop John Ellis.
Courts, sentence him to death.
Otherwise J.Ellis, R.Heuer, I.Tkachov, B.Cox and other potential
killers of Earth will murder all of you.

Michael A. Terrell

Feb 23, 2010, 5:06:49 PM2/23/10

Magnetic wrote:

> THE BLACK HOLE CASE: THE INJUNCTION
> AGAINST THE END OF THE WORLD
> ERIC E. JOHNSON

How many times did your mother 'drop' you on your head?

More than `100?
Less than 1000?

J. Clarke

Feb 23, 2010, 8:09:40 PM2/23/10

> Magnetic wrote:
>>

>> THE BLACK HOLE CASE: THE INJUNCTION
>> AGAINST THE END OF THE WORLD
>> ERIC E. JOHNSON
>

> How many times did your mother 'drop' you on your head?
>
> More than `100?
> Less than 1000?

However many it was it was clearly not enough.

Michael A. Terrell

Feb 23, 2010, 11:39:40 PM2/23/10

I guess that she was no good at dribbling?

J. Clarke

Feb 24, 2010, 1:33:19 AM2/24/10

Maybe his head was too mushy to bounce.

Magnetic

Feb 24, 2010, 9:13:19 AM2/24/10
Tomorrow they are ready to start the LHC collider. The Earth can be
exploded in a 1000 seconds!

----------

In some articles about neutron stars (pulsars, magnetars) and about
magnetized vacuum lattices, created at colliders, the authors use a
formula:

qB = 2*pi*k / L^2 (in ?atomic? units).

q- charge of a “down” quark; B – external magnetic field; L- parameter
of a vacuum lattice; k-integers.

Let’s rewrite this formula in SI and let k=1. Let forget about quark
and use this formula for proton.
qB = 2*pi*h / L^2
Let’s multiply both sides of the formula by cr, where c – speed of
light; r- Compton radius of a proton.

crqB = 2*pi*h*c*r / L^2.

Using p=crq (proper magnetic moment, which is more then orbital moment
by 2), and 2*pi*r =L, and h*c/L=mc^2:

pB = mc^2.

This is the formula of a “black hole”, connected by magnetic forces,
or simply “magnetic hole”, which are dipole.

Here is analogues formula for black hole, connected by gravity forces
GMm/R = mc^2/2.

Magnetic hole is 10^36 times stronger than gravity hole!
Magnetic hole created at LHC will have the radius about 10^-16 meters
(black hole – 10^-51 meters).

At the collider RHIC they already received the field 10^15 teslas.
They already computed that in the centers of magnetars is almost the
same field.

Tomorrow they are ready to start the LHC collider.
The critical field, 10^16 teslas, will be achieved at the LHC.
The embryo of neutron star (magnetic black hole) will be created at
LHC.
The Earth can be exploded in a 1000 seconds.
Are you happy?

Best regards, Ivan Gorelik.
-----------------
Some articles: where you can find the formula (qB), or (qH), or (eH)…
arXiv:0711.2845v1 Spontaneous creation of chromomagnetic field and A0-
condensate at high temperature on a lattice
arXiv:0710.1084v2 Axial anomaly and magnetism of nuclear and quark
matter
arXiv:hep-ph/0508219v1 Color Ferromagnetism of Quark Matter ; a
Possible Origin of
Strong Magnetic Field in Magnetars
arXiv:hep-lat/9210028v1 The Savvidy “ferromagnetic vacuum” in three-
dimensional lattice gauge theory
arXiv:0912.1413v1Chiral and Diquark condensates at large magnetic
field in two-flavor superconducting quark matter
arXiv:1002.0418v1 Chiral Magnetic Effect and Chiral Phase Transition
arXiv:0807.2917v1 QCD Vacuum Properties in a Magnetic Field from AdS/
CFT: Chiral Condensate and Goldstone Mass
arXiv:0909.1808v2 Lattice QCD in strong magnetic fields
arXiv:hep-ph/9703201v1 QUARK CONDENSATE IN A MAGNETIC FIELD.
arXiv:hep-ph/0205348v3 Magnetic catalysis and anisotropic confinement
in QCD
arXiv:0706.3208v3The chiral condensate in a constant electromagnetic
field

Rich Webb

Feb 24, 2010, 9:31:20 AM2/24/10
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 06:13:19 -0800 (PST), Magnetic
<magnet...@yandex.ua> wrote:

[snippety snip]

>Tomorrow they are ready to start the LHC collider.
>The critical field, 10^16 teslas, will be achieved at the LHC.
>The embryo of neutron star (magnetic black hole) will be created at
>LHC.
>The Earth can be exploded in a 1000 seconds.

Shouldn't that be *imploded* in 1000 seconds?

>Are you happy?

Well, I've got this funny rash ...

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Michael A. Terrell

Feb 24, 2010, 11:14:10 AM2/24/10

More likely that the steel plate rusted out.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Feb 24, 2010, 11:47:41 AM2/24/10

Magnetic wrote:

> Tomorrow they are ready to start the LHC collider. The Earth can be
> exploded in a 1000 seconds!

> Are you happy?
>
> Best regards, Ivan Gorelik.

It became known that the End of the World happens in 3 days.

In Vatican, they all are praying.
In USA, they all went to Las Vegas.
In USSR, they are trying to accomplish government 5-year plan in 3 days.

VLV

PD

Feb 24, 2010, 1:58:56 PM2/24/10
On Feb 24, 8:13 am, Magnetic <magnetic.t...@yandex.ua> wrote:

> Tomorrow they are ready to start the LHC collider.
> The critical field, 10^16 teslas, will be achieved at the LHC.
> The embryo of neutron star (magnetic black hole) will be created at
> LHC.
> The Earth can be exploded in a 1000 seconds.
> Are you happy?
>
> Best regards, Ivan Gorelik.
> -----------------

I'll tell you whether I'm happy 20 minutes after they start it. If you
hear from me, you'll understand why I'm happy.

Michael A. Terrell

Feb 24, 2010, 2:56:52 PM2/24/10

Your poetic license has been revoked.

robert bristow-johnson

Feb 24, 2010, 3:34:55 PM2/24/10

i dunno if you guys remember this, but i remember reading that on the
evening of the Trinity test blast in New Mexico in 1945, they didn't
know for sure if the nuclear chain reaction would stop when the
uranium ran out. Enrico Fermi was taking bets about whether or not
the entire atmosphere would light up in a nuclear reaction. i s'pose
it was a little tongue-in-cheek.

r b-j

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Feb 24, 2010, 4:03:53 PM2/24/10

robert bristow-johnson wrote:

AFAIR the possibility of igniting nuclear reactions in the atmosphere
and in the ground seemed to be a real concern, and they seriously
considered that in the course of the project. It was shown to be impossible.

Vladimir Vassilevsky
DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
http://www.abvolt.com

krw

Feb 24, 2010, 7:46:51 PM2/24/10
<magnet...@yandex.ua> wrote:

>Tomorrow they are ready to start the LHC collider. The Earth can be
>exploded in a 1000 seconds!

Oh, no! Is someone playing with their Illudium Q36 Explosive Space
Demodulator, again?

glen herrmannsfeldt

Feb 25, 2010, 1:45:47 AM2/25/10
In comp.dsp robert bristow-johnson <r...@audioimagination.com> wrote:
(snip)

> i dunno if you guys remember this, but i remember reading that on the
> evening of the Trinity test blast in New Mexico in 1945, they didn't
> know for sure if the nuclear chain reaction would stop when the
> uranium ran out. Enrico Fermi was taking bets about whether or not
> the entire atmosphere would light up in a nuclear reaction. i s'pose
> it was a little tongue-in-cheek.

As far as I know, it was determined long before the test that
the atmosphere wouldn't go.

The bets at Trinity, as I understand, where for the yield.

-- glen

Lou Pecora

Feb 25, 2010, 9:34:30 AM2/25/10
In article <hm56ar$14i$2...@naig.caltech.edu>,
glen herrmannsfeldt <g...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

Which Fermi estimated by dropping bits of paper after the explosion to
see how far they moved when the pressure wave hit. Nice.

--
-- Lou Pecora

rickman

Feb 25, 2010, 10:07:14 AM2/25/10
On Feb 21, 8:59 pm, "Michael A. Terrell" <mike.terr...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

Ok, which one of you is 12 and which is only 11?

Rick

Michael A. Terrell

Feb 25, 2010, 4:00:45 PM2/25/10
> Ok, which one of you is 12 and which is only 11?

You've never shot fish in a barrel?

Magnetic

Feb 26, 2010, 3:24:02 AM2/26/10
LHC and probability of global death.

Am I wrong?
No.
Experiment at LHC will say us the truth.

A. If we all will die than dangerous condensate is possible.
B. If Geneva or whole Europe will be ruined then dangerous condensate
is possible and it can decay because of overheating.
C. If we all survive then dangerous condensate can not be created at
this energy or it is impossible.

I give the following probabilities for 3.5 TeV energies per particle
and if a billion of collisions would be performed.

A. 49%.
B. 2%.
C. 49%.

I give the following probabilities for 7 TeV energies per particle and
if a billion of collisions would be performed.

A. 69%.
B. 3%.
C. 28%.

7 TeV probabilities include 3.5 TeV probabilities. That means that if
we survive after billion of 3.5 TeV collisions then the probabilities
for 7 TeV will be:

A. 20%.
B. 1%.
C. 79%.

In any case (A, B, C) I am not wrong, because I give probabilities per
good final and per bad final.
I am not a terrorist.
Terrorists are those, who conduct this Experiment and those, who
promote it.

I think that the most dangerous terrorists are the authors of LSAG
report.
Here is a phrase, told by one of them, by John Ellis:
“So, to finish the way to stop all this argument about whether the LHC
is going to destroy the planet is to get the LHC working. Within a few

weeks time, we will know that LSAG was right.”

Source: THE BLACK HOLE CASE: THE INJUNCTION AGAINST THE END OF THE
WORLD. ERIC E. JOHNSON http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0912/0912.5480.pdf
p. 858
http://darkenergy.narod.ru/

J. Clarke

Feb 26, 2010, 9:50:08 AM2/26/10
> �So, to finish the way to stop all this argument about whether the LHC

> is going to destroy the planet is to get the LHC working. Within a few
> weeks time, we will know that LSAG was right.�

> Source: THE BLACK HOLE CASE: THE INJUNCTION AGAINST THE END OF THE
> WORLD. ERIC E. JOHNSON http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0912/0912.5480.pdf
> p. 858
> http://darkenergy.narod.ru/

Geez, boy, don't spend your last days on earth in front of a computer
whining at the injustice of it all, get out there and hoot, holler, and
chase that native poon.

Michael A. Terrell

Feb 27, 2010, 1:19:27 PM2/27/10

Magnetic wrote:

> THE BLACK HOLE

Is between your ears.

Magnetic

Mar 1, 2010, 3:38:06 AM3/1/10
I reread the LSAG report once more and found there another error. The
binding energy of constituent element of strangelet is not several
MeV, as they wrote there, but about 500 MeV. So, all their talks about
thermal bath are erroneous. Strange matter is very dangerous!

The value 500 TeV, as a binding energy of (uds) in a strangelet N(uds)
can easily be received from comparison with the rest energy of kaons K
+ and K0, which are correspondingly 493 MeV and 497 MeV.
Kaons (K+ = us~; K0 = ds~) can be side products, occurring at the time
of proton (p=uud) and neutron (n=udd) capture by strange matter
N(uds):

N(uds) + p = (N+1)(uds) + K+ = (N+1)(uds) + e+ + 500 MeV.
(N+1)(uds) + n = (N+2)(uds) + K0 = (N+2)(uds) + 500 MeV.

Extremely powerful explosion.

This explosion has specific energy output, which is hundred times
bigger than under the nuclear explosion.

By the way, at the time of November-December collisions there were
more Kaons output that it was theoretically predicted. That means that
we are very close to creation of this dead droplet which can transform
the whole Earth into 10-meterr lump of strange\dead matter.
Space observations says us that periods of pulsars are almost do not
change. That means that strange matter is very stable.

Read about strange matter, strangelets, and strange stars in
Wikipedia. I think that our civilization is crazy. From one hand, it
already knows about a deadly dangerous strange matter; from the other
hand, it tries to create that dead droplet at colliders. I do not
understand you, people.

I wish you to become mentally healthy and STOP all powerful colliders.

http://darkenergy.narod.ru/

David Bernier

Mar 3, 2010, 4:05:23 AM3/3/10
Magnetic wrote:
> I reread the LSAG report once more and found there another error. The
> binding energy of constituent element of strangelet is not several
> MeV, as they wrote there, but about 500 MeV. So, all their talks about
> thermal bath are erroneous. Strange matter is very dangerous!
>
> The value 500 TeV, as a binding energy of (uds) in a strangelet N(uds)
> can easily be received from comparison with the rest energy of kaons K
> + and K0, which are correspondingly 493 MeV and 497 MeV.
> Kaons (K+ = us~; K0 = ds~) can be side products, occurring at the time
> of proton (p=uud) and neutron (n=udd) capture by strange matter
> N(uds):
>
> N(uds) + p = (N+1)(uds) + K+ = (N+1)(uds) + e+ + 500 MeV.
> (N+1)(uds) + n = (N+2)(uds) + K0 = (N+2)(uds) + 500 MeV.
> �

> Extremely powerful explosion.
>
> This explosion has specific energy output, which is hundred times
> bigger than under the nuclear explosion.
>
> By the way, at the time of November-December collisions there were
> more Kaons output that it was theoretically predicted. That means that
> we are very close to creation of this dead droplet which can transform
> the whole Earth into 10-meterr lump of strange\dead matter.
> Space observations says us that periods of pulsars are almost do not
> change. That means that strange matter is very stable.
[...]

I don't feel knowledgeable enough to say things about the safety
of the experiments to be done at the Large Hadron Collider.

However, I have a thought experiment about risk-assessment
relating to high-energy physics. Suppose experimental h.e.p.
were to continue growing and evolving over up to the next
million years. Imagine bigger and bigger colliders.
The unknown remains unknown until it becomes known,
roughly speaking. Sometimes evidence accumulates over
decades, and other times a decisive experiment makes
a big difference to what is known in a short period
of time.

What are the chances that up to the end of the next million
years, there will be a (non-military, non-applied)
high-energy physics experiment malfunction that will be
the direct cause of 1 billion or more human deaths?

If it's likely, how do we know or how would we know?
If it's unlikely, how do we know or how would we know?

Magnetic

Mar 3, 2010, 5:10:37 AM3/3/10
On Mar 3, 11:05 am, David Bernier <david...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> Magnetic wrote:
> > I reread the LSAG report once more and found there another error. The
> > binding energy of constituent element of strangelet is not several
> > MeV, as they wrote there, but about 500 MeV. So, all their talks about
> > thermal bath are erroneous. Strange matter is very dangerous!
>
> > The value 500 TeV, as a binding energy of (uds) in a strangelet N(uds)
> > can easily be received from comparison with the rest energy of kaons K
> > + and K0, which are correspondingly 493 MeV and 497 MeV.
> > Kaons (K+ = us~; K0 = ds~) can be side products, occurring at the time
> > of proton (p=uud) and neutron (n=udd) capture by strange matter
> > N(uds):
>
> > N(uds) + p = (N+1)(uds) + K+ = (N+1)(uds) + e+ + 500 MeV.
> > (N+1)(uds) + n = (N+2)(uds) + K0 = (N+2)(uds) + 500 MeV.

we'll be killed tomorow. probability 10%.

http://op-webtools.web.cern.ch/op-webtools/vistar/vistars.php?usr=LHC3

Magnetic

Mar 3, 2010, 2:25:35 PM3/3/10
wrote:
> JF- Hide quoted text -

++++++

Sjouke Burry

Mar 3, 2010, 3:20:38 PM3/3/10
Magnetic wrote:
> On Feb 22, 11:13 pm, John Fields <jfie...@austininstruments.com>
> wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 23:26:28 -0800 (PST), Magnetic

Now,now, where are your apologies for your failed
doom shouting?
Or are you following the crooks way of changing the story,
hoping nobody notices?

John Fields

Mar 3, 2010, 9:11:36 PM3/3/10

---
"Crook" is exactly right.

He's now moving the goalposts by stating that, statistically, he can't
be wrong unless nothing bad happens, ever, and it's up to everyone to
wait, forever, for the proof.

JF

David Bernier

Mar 3, 2010, 10:20:44 PM3/3/10

I downloaded a PDF book from a site mentioned by Magnetic, but consider
the book to be 90% fluff or repetition, at best (it's probably worse).

There's one law review article by Eric E. Johnson that's
at least quite interesting, from reading three pages of it.

It discusses the petition for a preliminary injunction against
CERN filed by ??? and what followed.

Eric E. Johnson:
"The Black-Hole Case: The Injunction Against the End of the World",
76 Tennessee Law Review 819 (2009) [ 90 pages, PDF file ]
< http://www.eejlaw.com/ >

David Bernier

David Bernier

Mar 5, 2010, 12:01:10 AM3/5/10
David Bernier wrote:
[...]

> There's one law review article by Eric E. Johnson that's
> at least quite interesting, from reading three pages of it.
>
> It discusses the petition for a preliminary injunction against
> CERN filed by ??? and what followed.

The petition or application is entitled as follows:

Sancho v. U.S. Department of Energy et al, // Title
filed in the United States District Court
for the District of Hawaii on March 21 2008.

David Bernier

Magnetic

Mar 5, 2010, 4:55:11 AM3/5/10
The Earth will be blown up in one of the next days, by the scum who
call themselves as scientists. Society, you are a stupid cattle -
because, despite the existence of this and similar web-sites, you did
nothing for the detention of terrorists, physicists from CERN and
other scoundrels, sitting in academies and promoting this blasphemous
experiment. Cattle, I do not feel sorry for you. I do not believe any
more that this experiment can be banned. Burn, all of you in this
bright last flame.

[...]

Somebody wrote: Also the mass of a proton is 938.272 MeV/c^2 and the
mass of a uds is 1,115.683 MeV/c^2.

Mass of a free proton is 938.272 MeV/c^2.
Mass of a proton in deuteron is several MeV/c^2 less.
Mass of a proton in He is several MeV/c^2 less.
Mass of a proton in C is several MeV/c^2 less.
Mass of a proton in Fe is several MeV/c^2 less, and minimal.

These mass differences say us about binding energy.

Strange droplet consisting of a several (uds) is unstable and decay.

AFAIK some authors said that droplet could be stable if it has at
least 10 elements.
The more number of “strange nucleons” inside the droplet, the more
binding energy.
I think that its binding energy properties are analogues to those of a
magnetic hole. So I think that specific binding energy has a limit and
it lays somewhere near 500 MeV (or about of 1/2 of protons rest
energy).

Note. My computation for magnetic hole gives: energy of ruined protons
splits per two parts: 2/3 goes into creation of magnetic field; 1/3
goes into binding energy or simply emitted with radiation.

Strange matter has fermionic structure.
Magnetic hole has bosonic structure.

CERN physicist can create dead droplet, having fermionic, bosonic or
scirmionic structure. Any such condensate is dangerous, because it can
transform the whole Earth into dead extremely dense matter.

Now they collide protons with energies of about 0.45 TeV per proton.
In any of the next days the energy can be risen to 3.5 TeV. That can
create a microscopic droplet of death, and in a 1000 seconds our Earth
will be exploded.

PS: In the Galaxy at the time of about 100 000 000 000 years almost
all stars dies and the same number of stars are born. Now is the time
for our Sun. Who will push the button?

John Fields

Mar 5, 2010, 11:57:48 AM3/5/10
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 01:55:11 -0800 (PST), Magnetic
<magnet...@yandex.ua> wrote:

>PS: In the Galaxy at the time of about 100 000 000 000 years almost
>all stars dies and the same number of stars are born. Now is the time
>for our Sun. Who will push the button?

---
How can any galaxy be older than the universe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_universe

JF

Magnetic

Mar 5, 2010, 3:56:23 PM3/5/10
On Mar 5, 6:57 pm, John Fields <jfie...@austininstruments.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 01:55:11 -0800 (PST), Magnetic
>
> <magnetic.t...@yandex.ua> wrote:
> >PS: In the Galaxy at the time of about 100 000 000 000 years almost
> >all stars dies and the same number of stars are born. Now is the time
> >for our Sun. Who will push the button?
>
> ---
> How can any galaxy be older than the universe?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_universe
>
> JF

Idiot, you will be killed by BB dogmatists from CERN.
Universe is Eternal.
13.34 billion years is a time of one 4d rotation of Eternal Universe.

By the way "13.34 billion years" is a parameter of Universe’s
lattice.

At 3.5 TeV from the lattice they with torn out a crystal of about
6000(usd). The "hole" of 6000(u~s~d~) will annihilate.

But 6000(usd) will grow and ruin the Earth, very quickly.

Raymond Yohros

Mar 5, 2010, 5:09:13 PM3/5/10
On Feb 19, 11:10 pm, John Larkin
<jjlar...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:59:17 -0800 (PST), Bret Cahill
>

> <BretCah...@peoplepc.com> wrote:
> >There is no reason to smooth after demodulation in some low noise lock
> >in amplifier situations.
>
> >If you are taking the quotient of two signals that are identical
> >except for magnitude and noise, i.e., shape, frequency and phase
> >angle, simply low pass integrate each signal after each is multiplied
> >by the reference.
>
> >Once the S/N ratio is high enough simply take the quotient without
> >wasting time to smooth either signal.
>
> >No smoothing of either demodulated signal is necessary because the
> >rectified humps appear in both the numerator and denominator in phase
> >and with the same relative size as the quotient.
>
> >This is important in low noise situations where there isn't time to
> >smooth the humps.
>
> >This simple filtering solution should be fairly common in electronics.
>
> But it's not. So the possibilities are...
>
> 1. It's been thought of before, but it doesn't work
>
> or
>
> 2. You, law clerk or whatever you are, thought of it first, and tens
> of thousands of control engineers, over the last 100 years, missed it.
>
> John
>
> who never was a big fan of dividing by zero.

dividing by zero gives errors in the message
window but its useful when you
just want to cut off the signal.

John Fields

Mar 5, 2010, 8:11:29 PM3/5/10

---
Dogmatists from CERN?

It seems to me that _you're_ the one doing all the preaching, and after
it's all over and our good green Earth still keeps spinning around the
sun, what will you do?

Cry because you were wrong and we didn't all die, or latch on to 2012 so
you can have about three more years to pray for your death wish to be
fulfilled, loon?

JF

bert

Mar 8, 2010, 9:07:47 AM3/8/10
> JF- Hide quoted text -

Swiss saved the Earth from being swallowed up by a BH by splicing
wires together. TreBert

PD

Mar 8, 2010, 1:52:00 PM3/8/10

Some people are just desperately and insanely frightened, and they
need someone or something to blame to account for their deep-seated
fear. Since there is no rational basis for the fear -- it is due to
insanity -- then there is no way to assure him that his fears are
baseless. He has just chosen physicists as the focus of his fear, and
he will be afraid until he dies.

Magnetic

Mar 9, 2010, 2:23:52 AM3/9/10
Today they’ll try 1.2 TeV per beam.
http://lhc-commissioning.web.cern.ch/lhc-commissioning/news-2010/Commissioning-outline-20100308.pdf
-----------

Proton, p = (uud).
Neutron, n = (udd).
Lambda, l = (uds).
Antiproton, p~ = (u~u~d~).
Antineutron, n~ = (u~d~d~).
Antilambda, l~ = (u~d~s~).
Hypertriton, T = (pnl).
Antihypertriton, T~ = (p~n~l~).

RHIC collides ions. That creates HOT quark gluon plasma.
Now LHC collides protons. In non-central inelastic collisions it can
tear out of a Dirac sea a COLD crystals of strange matter and
antimatter:

p + p = p + p + N(uds) + N(u~d~s~).

N is a number of lambda and antilambda in "strange nucleus or
antinucleus".
The number of nucleons in usual matter is limited, because of electric
repulsion between protons. The periodic system is limited by uranium.
The number of lambda (strange nucleons) in strange matter can be not
limited and it is possible that neutron stars are in fact are big
strange nuclei.

The strange matter can transform a usual matter into strange matter
because under big N the binding energy per nucleon in strange nucleus
is bigger than in usual matter under the same number of nucleons.

The binding energy can be find through the mass differences of
nucleons in free state and inside the nucleus.

Usual matter:

Mass of a free proton is 938.272 MeV/c^2.
Mass of a proton in deuteron is several MeV/c^2 less.
Mass of a proton in He is several MeV/c^2 less.
Mass of a proton in C is several MeV/c^2 less.
Mass of a proton in Fe is several MeV/c^2 less, and minimal.

These mass differences say us about binding energy.

Strange droplet consisting of a several (uds) is unstable and decay.

The mass of free lambda is 1116 MeV/c^2 and is almost 200 MeV/c^2
bigger than the mass of free proton or free neutron.
This is the cause of lambda decay.
Some authors said that strange nucleus, consisting of 10 lambdas, can
be stable.
The binding energy of one lambda in big strange nucleus can be, for
example, of about 500 MeV/c^2.
That means that strange nucleus can grow transforming usual nuclei
into strange ones.

[...]

As we can see, they can do at RHIC a strangelet (uds) and
antistrangelet (u~d~s~) but yet N=1.

The cause is ion collision, 200 GeV, per nucleon, leading to HOT quark
gluon plasma.
At LHC there will be proton collision, 3500 GeV per proton. At LHC two
COLD crystals can be created from Dirac’s quark sea. That is
absolutely different state. That is not hot quark gluon plasma, but
cold crystals, torn out of Dirac’s quark sea. Density of those
crystals can be hundred times bigger than the density of nuclear
matter and by hundred millions times more than the density of usual
solid matter.

Strange crystal, which can be made tomorrow at LHC, will kill us all.
p + p + 2*3.5 TeV= 6000(usd) + 6000(u~s~d~)

Strange crystal 6000(usd) is extremely stable and deadly dangerous!
This is a droplet of strange matter, embryo of a "neutron star". The
whole Earth can be transformed into such strange matter in a 1000 of
seconds or slightly more.

Reaction p + p = p + p + N(uds) + N(u~d~s~) can also occur in the
collision of two cosmic protons or in a collision of cosmic and
atmospheric proton.
"Cosmo-cosmo" crystal’s creation in Solar system is very rarefied even
at the cosmology times. But they are not dangerous, because they can
be blown out of a Solar system by light of a Sun.
"Cosmo-atmospheric" crystals would have huge velocities in the Earth
atmosphere. As a result the particles of atmosphere would have TeV
energies in the reference systems of these crystals. These energies
are thousands times bigger than the specific binding energy of lambdas
in crystals. That will lead to destruction of "Cosmo-atmospheric"
crystals.

-----------
Today they’ll try 1.2 TeV per beam.
http://lhc-commissioning.web.cern.ch/lhc-commissioning/news-2010/Commissioning-outline-20100308.pdf
-----------
http://darkenergy.narod.ru/

David Bernier

Mar 10, 2010, 7:35:57 AM3/10/10
David Bernier wrote:
> David Bernier wrote:
> [...]
>
>> There's one law review article by Eric E. Johnson that's
>> at least quite interesting, from reading three pages of it.

I've now finished reading that and I think there's some
common sense in there.

For example, a coal mine operation was near a railroad line.
The railroad operators said that there was a small chance of
a landslide. The coal mine would say there's a very small
chance of a landslide (or something like that).

If it were only about bananas being cargo, if the bananas and
the train and tracks are lost to a landslide, the railroad
could then sue and get money to cover the loss of bananas,
train and tracks. ( ok).

However, there were also passenger and/or passenger/cargo trains.
In the event of a landslide, some people could die.
Should this be seen as only monetary damages is fine,
after an accident with loss of life?

The Brennan court thought "No". So there was a temporary injunction
on the coal mining until things got sorted out (or something like
that: common sense).

----

Now I'm looking at
< http://arxiv.org/abs/0806.3381 >
by Mangano and Giddings.

The preprint runs about 96 pages, and there are over 100 references.
Everything is spelled-out, with references, formulas and so on;
this is good, because (in principle) it could be reviewed,
or re-reviewed.

Cases of bh towards sun (solar capture) are treated with likehood
of heading straight for the sun (Ok) and then the chances that
they'll hit something in the sun and be "stopped" [with
a velocity after collision of 100 meter/second, for example] (Ok).

I discern a very exacting and conscientious analysis of
likelihoods, according to current thinking in particle
physics, and supported by astronomical observations.

So, I think looking at more papers is a good thing.
This is according to the idea that it's not
who the messenger delivering the message that
convinces, but the message itself [but
anyone will most likely give some weight to
the identity of the messenger, if time is short].

-- << Let no one unversed in femtobarns enter here. >>
(a nod to Plato's Academy).

Magnetic

Mar 10, 2010, 8:03:15 AM3/10/10
Quote from "LHC Kritik / LHC Critique" http://lhc-concern.info/?page_id=91

CERN LHC lawsuit was not accepted for decision by German
Constitutional Court

The German Institutional Court today has refused to accept an appeal
for interim measures to limit LHC energies at 1 TeV per beam. This
means that the case was not accepted for decision by the court and
that it is confident with a lower court’s negative decision. This time
the judges’ argumentation does not seem to be about jurisdiction. In
the argumentation of the court it says the plaintiff (a female German
citizen living in Switzerland) “beyond her general mistrust towards
physical laws could not demonstrate why there is a threat of
destruction of the Earth.”

This is astonishing because the case included physical descriptions of
the risks. Now it seems like the court would have needed more physical
expertises.

Over all, the refusal of the German Constitutional Court could
increase the chances of complaints on international level because
national remedies are exhausted. Also other complaints on national
level are still possible.

Nevertheless, the CERN member states have got the duty to ensure
citizens’ safety. This does not function if they only rely on the
argumentation of the operator CERN and on courts’ decisions in favour
of this argumentation.

Currently many news agencies and media report shortly about the
refusal, for example:

http://www.focus.de/panorama/welt/cern-experiment-verfassungsrichter-glauben-nicht-an-apokalypse_aid_487931.html

An important critical article in the “New Scientist” by a legal
professor on the LHC case recently has raised much interest:

NEW SCIENTIST:
“CERN on trial: could a lawsuit shut the LHC down?”
17 February 2010 by Prof Eric E. Johnson
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20527485.700-cern-on-trial-could-a-lawsuit-shut-the-lhc-down.html

Within the last days, two new critical studies appeared concerning
possible global risks at the LHC:

“Black Hole Production at the LHC: A Review of the Risks.”
http://www.risk-evaluation-forum.org/LHCrisk.pdf

“Overall Assessment

The beginning of this section summarized the present uncertainties
about whether black holes are stable or radiate, how fast they might
radiate, and whether they might be charged or must all be neutral.
Given these uncertainties, a reasonably cautious approach would be to
avoid black hole production if even one of these cases carries an
unacceptable risk. The above review has shown, however, that almost
all of these cases pose unacceptable risks to the planet. In such a
situation, there can be little doubt that black hole production at the
LHC would be an unacceptable and irresponsible risk.”

AССELERATOR LHC: “NEW CHEMISTRY”. The review of not considered risks.
http://www.sciteclibrary.ru/eng/catalog/pages/10193.html
--------------
That was a quote from "LHC Kritik / LHC Critique" http://lhc-concern.info/?page_id=91

http://darkenergy.narod.ru/ru.html

Magnetic

Mar 29, 2010, 4:56:37 AM3/29/10
Tomorrow, despite to our protests, CERN plans to perform the first
collisions of protons with the energy 3.5 TeV per proton (7 TeV per
collision).
I give about 50% that the dangerous microscopic object will be
created. It will grow, ruining the ordinary matter, and can ruin our
planet or a part of it.
Here is my crude estimation of probable outcomes:
1. Explosion of the whole Earth – 49%.
2. Extermination of Geneva – 1%.
3. Extermination of Europe – 1%.
4. Other harmful unpredictable consequences – 5%.
5. Discovery of new subnuclear energy sources – 5%.
6. Outcomes with no harm and no use – the rest.

At the point 1 we all will die.
At the points 2, 3, 4 a part of humanity will be killed. Destruction
of a part of the Earth will be followed by huge Earthquake all over
the Earth. To raise the probability of survival it is necessary to be
at the free air with the stalk of water, food and warm clothes.

The most probable microscopic dangerous objects are:
1. Microscopic magnetic hole.
2. Growing nucleus, consisting from strange nucleons and/or neutrons
(uds, uss, udd).
3. Microscopic black hole.

According to ideas of Kaluza, Klein and Einstein about additional
short spatial dimension and unification of gravitational and
electromagnetic forces, we can conclude that black holes, at least at
microscopic levels, can be reduced to objects of the first or the
second types. That means that microscopic black hole is in fact a
condensate, consisting from bosons, as magnetic hole, or from
fermions, as strange matter. Condensates have a binding energy per
their constituent elements. This changes the argumentation about
survival and penetrating abilities of black holes, created in cosmic
and collider proton-proton collisions...

---------
My health is already ruined by depression. I know that we all can be
killed. I can not save myself, my family, my land. Criminal stupidity
of corrupted contemporary science had won.

http://darkenergy.narod.ru/ru.html

John Fields

Mar 29, 2010, 9:07:48 AM3/29/10

---
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Reinhold Niebuhr

JF

Sam Wormley

Mar 29, 2010, 9:40:28 AM3/29/10
On 3/29/10 3:56 AM, Magnetic wrote:
> According to ideas of Kaluza, Klein and Einstein about additional
> short spatial dimension and unification of gravitational and
> electromagnetic forces, we can conclude that black holes, at least at
> microscopic levels, can be reduced to objects of the first or the
> second types.

Can you hear my tiny violin?

J. Clarke

Mar 29, 2010, 11:04:43 AM3/29/10

With any luck there will be one explosion--that of Magnetic's head when
the world doesn't end.

Sjouke Burry

Mar 29, 2010, 1:03:43 PM3/29/10
Magnetic wrote:
> Tomorrow, despite to our protests, CERN plans

Ah our mad genie is at it again.

amdx

Mar 29, 2010, 4:15:52 PM3/29/10

"Magnetic" <magnet...@yandex.ua> wrote in message

Tomorrow, despite to our protests, CERN plans to perform the first
collisions of protons with the energy 3.5 TeV per proton (7 TeV per
collision).
I give about 50% that the dangerous microscopic object will be
created. It will grow, ruining the ordinary matter, and can ruin our
planet or a part of it.
Here is my crude estimation of probable outcomes:
1. Explosion of the whole Earth – 49%.
2. Extermination of Geneva – 1%.
3. Extermination of Europe – 1%.
4. Other harmful unpredictable consequences – 5%.
5. Discovery of new subnuclear energy sources – 5%.
6. Outcomes with no harm and no use – the rest.

Them there is some purty fancy rithmatic ya got there.
Mike

Eric Gisin

Mar 29, 2010, 4:41:51 PM3/29/10
Dorky Energy is in the news again:
Tinfoil Condition Red! LHC 7 TeV mega-blasts tomorrow
'Dr Dark Energy': Only 49% chance of Earth exploding

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/29/7_tev_lhc_forerunner/

"Magnetic" <magnet...@yandex.ua> wrote in message

http://darkenergy.narod.ru/ru.html

default

Mar 30, 2010, 6:25:30 PM3/30/10
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 01:56:37 -0700 (PDT), Magnetic
<magnet...@yandex.ua> wrote:

>I give about 50% that the dangerous microscopic object will be
>created. It will grow, ruining the ordinary matter, and can ruin our
>planet or a part of it.

Nice to see you are leaving yourself an out. Too many religious
prophets (profits?) don't.

Hey; if a black hole were to engulf the earth, no one would worry
about it, or think about it, or care about it . . . you get the idea.

amdx

Apr 2, 2010, 3:18:46 PM4/2/10

"default" <def...@defaulter.net> wrote in message

ANYBODY STILL HERE? HELLO HELLO

Michael A. Terrell

Apr 2, 2010, 6:05:01 PM4/2/10

Only the chickens...

Christopher Henrich

Apr 3, 2010, 3:03:05 PM4/3/10
In article <4BB66A0D...@earthlink.net>,

"Michael A. Terrell" <mike.t...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> amdx wrote:
> >
> > "default" <def...@defaulter.net> wrote in message

> > > Nice to see you are leaving yourself an out. Too many religious
> > > prophets (profits?) don't.
> > >
> > > Hey; if a black hole were to engulf the earth, no one would worry
> > > about it, or think about it, or care about it . . . you get the idea.
> > > --
> >
> > ANYBODY STILL HERE?
>

> Only the chickens...

Confound it, nothing works these days the way it's supposed to.

I blame color television.

--
Christopher J. Henrich
chen...@monmouth.com

Virgil

Apr 3, 2010, 4:48:47 PM4/3/10
Tomorrow, at the time I post this, is 4/4/10, the fourth of April.

Michael A. Terrell

Apr 3, 2010, 5:29:31 PM4/3/10

Christopher Henrich wrote:

> In article <4BB66A0D...@earthlink.net>,
> "Michael A. Terrell" <mike.t...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > amdx wrote:
> > >
> > > "default" <def...@defaulter.net> wrote in message

> > > ANYBODY STILL HERE?
> >

> > Only the chickens...
>
> Confound it, nothing works these days the way it's supposed to.
>
> I blame color television.

I blame the lazy roosters.

amdx

Apr 3, 2010, 8:28:31 PM4/3/10

"Michael A. Terrell" <mike.t...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> amdx wrote:
> >
> > "default" <def...@defaulter.net> wrote in message

> > > Nice to see you are leaving yourself an out. Too many religious
> > > prophets (profits?) don't.
> > >
> > > Hey; if a black hole were to engulf the earth, no one would worry
> > > about it, or think about it, or care about it . . . you get the idea.
> > > --
> >
> > ANYBODY STILL HERE?
>

> Only the chickens...

Chickens? I thought it was the cockroaches that would survive!
Mike

Androcles

Apr 3, 2010, 7:44:45 PM4/3/10

"amdx" <am...@knology.net> wrote in message
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sky_Is_Falling_(fable)

The sky is falling! = A disaster is imminent, according to the chicken.
Anybody here? Just us chickens.

Michael A. Terrell

Apr 3, 2010, 11:06:51 PM4/3/10

Not if the chickens eat all of them! ;-)

Magnetic

Apr 4, 2010, 1:59:27 AM4/4/10

1. The rate of growth of dangerous object lays in the diapason from
1000 seconds to 1000 days;
2. We do not know the cross section of a reaction. If a dangerous
object can be created once per billion collisions, than it was,
probably, not created yet.

So, the probability of Earth explosion, caused by 3.5 TeV collisions
are not 50%, as it was before the first collisions, but less:

about 40% if CERN stop experiment now;
about 45% if CERN continue the 3.5 TeV collisions.

The Earth can already be pregnant now. Embryo grow by exponent.
In order to feel the dangerous object inside the Earth, it must grow
from the mass 10^-24 kg to about 10^20 kg.
That will take about 95% from the total time, mentioned above.

http://darkenergy.narod.ru/

eric gisse

Apr 4, 2010, 3:50:48 AM4/4/10
Magnetic wrote:

[...]

> The Earth can already be pregnant now.

Do you know who the daddy is?

Keep the entertainment up.

[...]

default

Apr 5, 2010, 6:09:07 PM4/5/10

Well that's life now ain't it?

A slow death by over population is more pleasing? War Famine are more
pleasing ways to end the world?

A black hole seems benign by comparison to the slower deaths of life
we invent. Why sweat the small stuff Chicken Little?

Magnetic

Apr 24, 2010, 7:55:39 AM4/24/10
I regularly look at the page http://op-webtools.web.cern.ch/op-webtools/vistar/vistars.php?usr=LHC3
It would be great to have another online page, - about the intensity
of electron antineutrino, registered at neutrino observatories.

I think that contemporary earthquakes and volcanoes have no any
connection to the collapse of matter at dangerous objects, created by
LHC. Nevertheless, dangerous objects can initiate global earthquakes
and volcanoes, but that will happen only after 90-95% of time, needed
by object in order to explode the Earth.

But the existence of dangerous objects can be registered much earlier
by the growing flux of electron antineutrino from the center of the
Earth. I think it can be registered at 50-60% of time, needed by
object in order to explode the Earth.

For example, if the total time from birth to explosion is 1000 days,
then at 500-th - 600-th day the excess of antineutrino can be already
registered. At 900 – 950-th day the activity of earthquakes and
volcanoes will began to grow drastically.

If the total time of dangerous object’s growth is 100 (or 10) days, -
divide the upper values by 10 (100) times.

Uncertainty of object’s growth time from 10^-23 kg to 10^23 kg is
connected by many causes.

Uncle Al

Apr 24, 2010, 11:22:51 AM4/24/10
Magnetic wrote:
[snip crap]

> I think that contemporary earthquakes and volcanoes have no any
> connection to the collapse of matter at dangerous objects, created by
> LHC.

[snip rest of crap]

idiot

http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/crap.htm

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Apr 26, 2010, 12:01:15 PM4/26/10

Magnetic wrote:

> I think that contemporary earthquakes and volcanoes have no any
> connection to the collapse of matter at dangerous objects, created by
> LHC.

What a great relief. Thank you.

VLV