BLOW UP THE MOON

Alexander Abian

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

In <Pine.SOL.3.91.97121...@saratoga.compassnet.com> Stephen Victor <svi...@saratoga.compassnet.com> writes:

>Since we're taking a walk down memory lane, how about reposting your
>"BLOW UP THE MOON, it's the source of all evil" theory. That's my
>personal favorite.

Abian answers:

Yes, yes, yes, we must get rid of that moronish idiotic and
imbecile chunk of perverse piece of refuse THE MOON - once and for all!

THE MOON must go, must be eliminated!! Enough of billions of
years of the evil presence of that piece of refuse with its
morbid presence hanging above our heads - enough of that terrorizing
spy in the ski! that Evil watchful eye that disgusting boring
depressing piece of abomination.

We must radically change the cosmic surrounding scenario of our
planet Earth, Enough of the same billion and billion of years of
continuous misery of rotten decadent pestiferous and idiotical
celestial setup surrounding our planet Earth.

RADICAL CHANGE IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. THE MOST PRACTICAL
THE MOST EFFECTIVE THE MOST URGENT RADICAL CHANGE IS

TO BLOW UP THE MOON TO SMITHEREENS AND GET RID OF
ITS EVIL PRESENCE ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Moon with its dull, stupid depressing condescending and disgusting
boring presence had and has the most damaging influence on human
life, behavior and actions. With its tides creating in the flow of
blood especially in the brain of mankind, it has created a monstrous
beast of human species. we must
BLOW UP THE MOON.
Do not worry, there is life and existence without MOON a much better
a much healthier and interesting life. In fact the BLOWING UP OF
THE MOON will jolt our planet earth and will get rid of the layers
and layers of accumulated (during billion and billion of years) of
filth, feculence, dregs and putridity on our planet Earth.

Politician, especially the UN representatives and the self appointed
guardians of setting political systems "for better life" on
the planet Earth are only good for organizing banquets, cocktail
parties and lavish hotel arrangements for the conduct of their useless
efforts, meetings, conferences, and committees, committees, committees to
"change dictatorships to democracies" First of all UN
is the most undemocratical establishment which has the temerity,
nerve and obnoxiousness of "Claiming to establish democracy in the
world" The UN has a self appointed (and NOT ELECTED) FOR PERPETUITY A
SECURITY COUNCIL WITH A VETO POWER! Do you understand that ?
Self-appointed for perpetuity with VETO power !! and that UN professes
to establish "Democracy"- it is like Hitler appointing himself to be the
president of the ISRAEL!!! UN's claiming of being of the guardian of
democracy is an insult to the intelligence of any reasoning human
being. It is a disgustingly phony, ludicrous and obnoxious claim!!!
A total unabashed insidious lie!! VETO POWER BELONGS TO A SELF
APPOINTED SUPERPOWERS FOR PERPETUITY!! What a masquerade of
democracy is that UN !!
UN cannot change life on Earth, No philosopher, no politician can
change the life an Earth. To jolt the Earth into a truly
radical change , the surrounding celestial scenario of the planet
Earth must be radically changed and for that WE MUST

BLOW UP THE MOON

How to do it - very easily. There is an overabundance of nuclear fuel
on the planet earth (especially at the disposal of all those superpowers
which ban the others of not creating new nuclear arsenal but which
they themselves constantly augment their own nuclear arsenal. Would
they let me inspect the nuclear production centers in France, Germany,
U.S. Russia, England, China?? Would them let me inspect?!!)

So, I propose to locate all the nuclear explosive material on the MOON
and BLOW UP THE MOON !!!! Just to change the 5 billion years of
rotten celestial scenario surrounding the planet Earth - believe me
no change can be worse that the present scenario!!!

ABIAN MASS-TIME EQUIVALENCE FORMULA m = Mo(1-exp(T/(kT-Mo))) Abian units.
ALTER EARTH'S ORBIT AND TILT - STOP GLOBAL DISASTERS AND EPIDEMICS
ALTER THE SOLAR SYSTEM. REORBIT VENUS INTO A NEAR EARTH-LIKE ORBIT
TO CREATE A BORN AGAIN EARTH (1990)

Uncle Al

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

Alexander Abian wrote:

> In <Pine.SOL.3.91.97121...@saratoga.compassnet.com> Stephen Victor <svi...@saratoga.compassnet.com> writes:
>
> >Since we're taking a walk down memory lane, how about reposting your
> >"BLOW UP THE MOON, it's the source of all evil" theory. That's my
> >personal favorite.
>
> Abian answers:
>
> Yes, yes, yes, we must get rid of that moronish idiotic and
> imbecile chunk of perverse piece of refuse THE MOON - once and for all!
>
> THE MOON must go, must be eliminated!! Enough of billions of
> years of the evil presence of that piece of refuse with its
> morbid presence hanging above our heads - enough of that terrorizing
> spy in the ski! that Evil watchful eye that disgusting boring
> depressing piece of abomination.

[snip]

Oh, tiddlelywinks. Lunar orbit a bunch of nukes (we must decommission
the things anyway. Russia is loaded with them. So is the US) swathed
in hundred meters-thick asymmetric aluminum jackets (recycle!). Pop
'em. Aluminize the moon to save streetlight energy on Earth (and no
pissing and moaning from astronomers about high pressure sodium lights,
either!).

--
Uncle Al Schwartz
Uncl...@ix.netcom.com ("zero" before @)

John Malone

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

In article <676o1c$tf0$1...@news.iastate.edu>, Alexander Abian
<ab...@iastate.edu> writes

>In <Pine.SOL.3.91.97121...@saratoga.compassnet.com> Stephen
>Victor <svi...@saratoga.compassnet.com> writes:
>
>>Since we're taking a walk down memory lane, how about reposting your
>>"BLOW UP THE MOON, it's the source of all evil" theory. That's my
>>personal favorite.
>
>Abian answers:
>
> Yes, yes, yes, we must get rid of that moronish idiotic and
>imbecile chunk of perverse piece of refuse THE MOON - once and for all!

<snip>

>To jolt the Earth into a truly
>radical change , the surrounding celestial scenario of the planet
>Earth must be radically changed and for that WE MUST
>
> BLOW UP THE MOON

Lovers could then profess their undying love by the light of a million
death dealing meteorites. Till death us do par.... Boom

>How to do it - very easily. There is an overabundance of nuclear fuel
>on the planet earth

<snip> (too political for sci.* when in homour mode)

>So, I propose to locate all the nuclear explosive material on the MOON
>and BLOW UP THE MOON !!!!

All at once?!!
I haven't done (not sure how to do) the sums, but would the sum total of
Earths' nuclear stockpile be enough to actually

BLOW UP THE MOON

or would it just leave an unsightly gouge.
(Nukes are not that big on a cosmic scale)

>Just to change the 5 billion years of
>rotten celestial scenario surrounding the planet Earth - believe me
>no change can be worse that the present scenario!!!

Have you been to Mars lately?
They've got two. And you think we have it bad!

Crash, Bang, Wallop
John Malone
--
jo...@malone1.demon.co.uk |Lurk and Learn

P. Edward Murray

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

No Alexander Abian wrote:
I think it's time to Re Orbit the Abian brain and send it to the
Andromeda Nebula....or Abian,please do us all a favor and take your
prozac or whatever it is you need to be taking.

Ed

Jedidiah Whitten

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

:
: All at once?!!
: I haven't done (not sure how to do) the sums, but would the sum total of
: Earths' nuclear stockpile be enough to actually
:
: BLOW UP THE MOON
:
: or would it just leave an unsightly gouge.
: (Nukes are not that big on a cosmic scale)

It would be very much like lighting a firecracker next to a mountain.

--
Jedidiah Whitten
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexander Abian

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

Abian writes:

Yes, yes, yes, we must get rid of that moronish idiotic and
imbecile chunk of perverse piece of refuse THE MOON - once and for all!

THE MOON must go, must be eliminated!! Enough of billions of

years of the evil presence of that piece of refuse with its
morbid presence hanging above our heads - enough of that terrorizing
spy in the ski! that Evil watchful eye that disgusting boring
depressing piece of abomination.

We must radically change the surrounding cosmic scenario of our

[...]

president of the ISRAEL!!! UN's claiming of being the guardian of

democracy is an insult to the intelligence of any reasoning human
being. It is a disgustingly phony, ludicrous and obnoxious claim!!!
A total unabashed insidious lie!! VETO POWER BELONGS TO A SELF
APPOINTED SUPERPOWERS FOR PERPETUITY!! What a masquerade of

democracy is that UN what a disgusting mockery of humanity!

UN cannot change life on Earth, No philosopher, no politician can

change the life an Earth. To jolt the Earth into a truly

radical change , the surrounding celestial scenario of the planet
Earth must be radically changed and for that WE MUST

BLOW UP THE MOON

How to do it - very easily. There is an overabundance of nuclear fuel
on the planet Earth (especially at the disposal of all those superpowers

which ban the others of not creating new nuclear arsenal but which
they themselves constantly augment their own nuclear arsenal. Would
they let me inspect the nuclear production centers in France, Germany,

U.S. Russia, England, China?? Would they let me inspect?!!)

So, I propose to locate all the nuclear explosive material on the MOON

and BLOW UP THE MOON !!!! Just to change the 5 billion years of

rotten celestial scenario surrounding the planet Earth - believe me
no change can be worse that the present scenario!!!

BLOW UP THE MOON !

that is the slogan and the way to the most profound radical change!

ale2

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

In article <677ttn$5eq$1...@news.iastate.edu>
ab...@iastate.edu (Alexander Abian) writes:

> Abian writes:
>

> Yes, yes, yes, we must get rid of that moronish idiotic and
> imbecile chunk of perverse piece of refuse THE MOON - once and for all!
>
> THE MOON must go, must be eliminated!! Enough of billions of
> years of the evil presence of that piece of refuse with its
> morbid presence hanging above our heads - enough of that terrorizing
> spy in the ski! that Evil watchful eye that disgusting boring
> depressing piece of abomination.

I vote we keep the moon in one piece! Have you ever gone for a night
walk in the woods with a high winters full moon? It is almost like day
after your eyes get used to the dark, except for the stars.

Lets blow up Pluto instead?

Chris Franks

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

Alexander Abian wrote:

> Yes, yes, yes, we must get rid of that moronish idiotic and
> imbecile chunk of perverse piece of refuse THE MOON - once and for all!

The Moon, just far enough away to be hard to reach, yet close enough to
be reachable! It has called to Men over the millenia, and finally we
touched her surface with our feet. Honor the Moon, stepping stone to
the rest of the galaxy, necessary eventual new home for humans.

--
If my Honda ran only 10 times better than my computer,
I would junk the car and walk home.

Owen Roberts

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

Look you I've only just learnt how to navigate my yacht allowing for tides,
if you have your way it will all have been a waste. So stop it. O.K.

Alexander Abian wrote in message <677ttn$5eq$1...@news.iastate.edu>...

>Abian writes:
>

> Yes, yes, yes, we must get rid of that moronish idiotic and
>imbecile chunk of perverse piece of refuse THE MOON - once and for all!
>

> THE MOON must go, must be eliminated!! Enough of billions of
>years of the evil presence of that piece of refuse with its
>morbid presence hanging above our heads - enough of that terrorizing
>spy in the ski! that Evil watchful eye that disgusting boring
>depressing piece of abomination.

Gregory Loren Hansen

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

In article <3497FD...@nospam.sc.hp.com>,
Chris Franks <cfr...@nospam.sc.hp.com> wrote:

>Alexander Abian wrote:
>

>> Yes, yes, yes, we must get rid of that moronish idiotic and
>> imbecile chunk of perverse piece of refuse THE MOON - once and for all!
> The Moon, just far enough away to be hard to reach, yet close enough to
>be reachable! It has called to Men over the millenia, and finally we
>touched her surface with our feet. Honor the Moon, stepping stone to
>the rest of the galaxy, necessary eventual new home for humans.

What if a werewolf landed on the moon?

--
"And don't skimp on the mayonnaise!"

John D. Goulden

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

And it'll not cost us taxpayers a dime if we (a) generously offer to
dispose of all the Russkies old nukes at no cost to them (why not? we'll
end up doing it anyway) and once WE own them all (b) grant the job to the
highest bidder -- that is, they pay US for the privilege of engraving their
corporate logo onto the face of the moon while simultaneously aluminizing
it for us as a permanent night light. Let's open the bidding at, say, the
US national debt, and you provide your own aluminum. Surely a consortium of
Japanese corporations can come up with that...

I sincerely believe that this can be done, but only if it gets me an LMA
nomination.

--
John D. Goulden
jgou...@flash.net

X Teen2000

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

Do you have any idea what would happen to earth if we Blew up the moon? The
earth would be "Blown up " as well!!!

Jamie Lednik

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

Alexander Abian wrote:

> Abian writes:
>
> Yes, yes, yes, we must get rid of that moronish idiotic and
> imbecile chunk of perverse piece of refuse THE MOON - once and for all!
>
> THE MOON must go, must be eliminated!! Enough of billions of
> years of the evil presence of that piece of refuse with its
> morbid presence hanging above our heads - enough of that terrorizing
> spy in the ski! that Evil watchful eye that disgusting boring
> depressing piece of abomination.

Actually, I believe the moon is gradually moving further and further
away from Earth's orbit (about a half inch or an inch -- I can't
remember -- every year). If you are patient, many, many years from now
there will be no moon.

> We must radically change the surrounding cosmic scenario of our
> planet Earth, Enough of the same billion and billion of years of
> continuous misery of rotten decadent pestiferous and idiotical
> celestial setup surrounding our planet Earth.
>
> RADICAL CHANGE IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. THE MOST PRACTICAL
> THE MOST EFFECTIVE THE MOST URGENT RADICAL CHANGE IS
>
> TO BLOW UP THE MOON TO SMITHEREENS AND GET RID OF
> ITS EVIL PRESENCE ONCE AND FOR ALL!

If there were no moon, disasterous effects would occur, including tides
out of control among other things. Also, no solar eclipses.

If future plans for mining the moon occur, I've often wondered if the
gradual loss of the mass of the moon would have a similar effect.
Granted, this would occur very slowly over many years, but it is a
possibility.

> Moon with its dull, stupid depressing condescending and disgusting
> boring presence had and has the most damaging influence on human
> life, behavior and actions. With its tides creating in the flow of
> blood especially in the brain of mankind, it has created a monstrous
> beast of human species. we must
>
> BLOW UP THE MOON.

You pro-Sun people are silly.

[snipped]

> Politician, especially the UN representatives and the self appointed
> guardians of setting political systems "for better life" on
> the planet Earth, are only good for organizing banquets, cocktail
> parties and lavish hotel arrangements for the conduct of their useless
> efforts, meetings, conferences, and committees, committees, committees to
> "change dictatorships to democracies" First of all UN
> is the most undemocratical establishment which has the temerity,
> nerve and obnoxiousness of "Claiming to establish democracy in the
> world" The UN has a self appointed (and NOT ELECTED) FOR PERPETUITY A
> SECURITY COUNCIL WITH A VETO POWER! Do you understand that ?
> Self-appointed for perpetuity with VETO power !! and that UN professes
> to establish "Democracy"- it is like Hitler appointing himself to be the
> president of the ISRAEL!!! UN's claiming of being the guardian of
> democracy is an insult to the intelligence of any reasoning human
> being. It is a disgustingly phony, ludicrous and obnoxious claim!!!
> A total unabashed insidious lie!! VETO POWER BELONGS TO A SELF
> APPOINTED SUPERPOWERS FOR PERPETUITY!! What a masquerade of
> democracy is that UN what a disgusting mockery of humanity!
> UN cannot change life on Earth, No philosopher, no politician can
> change the life an Earth. To jolt the Earth into a truly
> radical change , the surrounding celestial scenario of the planet
> Earth must be radically changed and for that WE MUST
>
> BLOW UP THE MOON

[snip]

This belongs in alt.conspiracy.

Anton Sherwood

Dec 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/23/97

Jamie Lednik <jle...@sprynet.com> writes
: Actually, I believe the moon is gradually moving further and further

: away from Earth's orbit (about a half inch or an inch -- I can't
: remember -- every year). If you are patient, many, many years from now
: there will be no moon.

If only that were true!

The recession of the moon is a consequence - so they tell me - of
friction between the tidal bulge and shallow ocean floors, or something
like that. This transfers angular momentum from Earth's rotation to
the Moon's orbit. When Earth's rotation has slowed to match the month,
the recession will cease. (Maybe some other effect contributes to the
recession and will continue, I dunno.)

: If there were no moon, disasterous effects would occur, including tides

: out of control among other things. Also, no solar eclipses.

Tides out of control? What do you suppose *causes* tides?

--
Anton Sherwood *\\* +1 415 267 0685 *\\* DASher at netcom point com
"How'd ya like to climb this high WITHOUT no mountain?" --Porky Pine 70.6.19

Wayne Hayes

Dec 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/23/97

In article <dasherEL...@netcom.com>,

Anton Sherwood <das...@netcom.com> wrote:
>Jamie Lednik <jle...@sprynet.com> writes
>: Actually, I believe the moon is gradually moving further and further
>: away from Earth's orbit (about a half inch or an inch -- I can't
>: remember -- every year). If you are patient, many, many years from now
>: there will be no moon.
>
>The recession of the moon is a consequence - so they tell me - of
>friction between the tidal bulge and shallow ocean floors, or something
>like that.

(Hi Anton!) Actually, I don't think friction with the ocean floor has
much to do with it. Here's an explanation I posted six Moons ago. :-)

# From: wa...@cs.utoronto.ca Wed Jul 30 17:27:43 EDT 1997

# First, let's try to understand why the Moon's orbit gets bigger. (It
# would help alot if I had a diagram, but I don't, so use your
# imagination.) The Moon distorts the Earth so that the Earth is
# elongated along the line joining the Earth and the Moon. *BUT*, the
# Earth is also rotating, and it's rotating in the same direction that
# the Moon is orbiting. So, the Earth's tidal bulge gets pulled forward
# slightly from the line joining the Earth and Moon. As a result, the
# Earth's force on the Moon is not quite directed at the Earth's centre,
# but instead is coming from a point slightly forward of centre, as seen
# from the Moon. This pulls the Moon *forward* in its orbit a little
# bit, which makes it go faster, and thus the Moon moves *out* a little
# bit, just like what would happen if you were spinning a rock on an
# elastic band around your head, and decided to spin it faster. (The
# elastic would stretch a bit more.)

--
"Life is raw material. We are artisans. || Wayne Hayes, wayne#cs.utoronto.ca
We can sculpt our existence into something|| (replace # with @ to respond)

Michael H.

Dec 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/23/97

Wayne Hayes wrote:

> In article <dasherEL...@netcom.com>,
> Anton Sherwood <das...@netcom.com> wrote:
> >Jamie Lednik <jle...@sprynet.com> writes
> >: Actually, I believe the moon is gradually moving further and further
> >: away from Earth's orbit (about a half inch or an inch -- I can't
> >: remember -- every year). If you are patient, many, many years from now
> >: there will be no moon.

> >The recession of the moon is a consequence - so they tell me - of
> >friction between the tidal bulge and shallow ocean floors, or something
> >like that.

> (Hi Anton!) Actually, I don't think friction with the ocean floor has
> much to do with it. Here's an explanation I posted six Moons ago. :-)

Wayne's post below seems rather convoluted and I can't see what he is
saying well enough to know if there is something wrong with it.
Here is the more common explanation. The total angular momentum of the
earth-moon system is conserved. What Anton said was more or less
correct, although the ocean floors don't have much to do with it. The
tidal bulges are on a line between earth and moon. They stay that way
but the earth rotates. This motion creates a slight frictional drag, as
Anton said, which slows the rotation of the earth.This loss of angular
momentum has to be accounted for, so the moon and earth move farther
apart to increase the angular momentum. Note that it is the
rotation-slowing effect that also accounts for the fact that the moon
does not appear to rotate as viewed from earth, i.e. same side is always
facing. Presumably the moon once did rotate and the earth rotated
faster, which means that more of the system's angular momentum was
involved in rotation, so there would have been less angular momentum for
the orbital motion, which means the moon would have been closer. As the
rotational angular momentum is transferred into orbital angular
momentum, the moon gets farther away. Once the earth stops rotating as
viewed from the moon, the moon will not get any farther away.
This explanation uses classical concepts. There are a few discrepancies
due to the fact that the moon's orbit is slightly elliptical, the earth
is tilted on it's axis, and also some insignificant General Relativity
factors, but it is basically correct.

Michael