WTC energetics, revised

Uncle Al

Sep 20, 2001, 2:47:41 PM9/20/01
The morning of 11 September 2001 hosted four planes fueled for
transcontinental flight hijacked by Islamic terrorists. Two Boeing
767-200s were flown into New York's World Trade Center at local 0845
hrs (north tower) and 0905 hrs (south tower), eventually collapsing
both 110-story mammoth edifices and killing some 5,500 civilians, plus
ancillary damage. Impacts were each about 340,000 lbs at a speed of
about 350 mph. This is 1.9x10^9 joules or 0.00045 kilotonnes nuclear
equivalent. Remarkably, the impacts were small stuff compared to what
followed.

TNT empirical heat of explosion is 4.5612x10^12 joules/kilotonne.
Atomic Energy Commission definition of a nuclear kilotonne is
4.186x10^12 joules or a trillion gram-calories. Heat of combustion of
common kerosene is 46.7x10^12 joules/kilotonne, "Energy," 2nd Ed., G.
Aubrecht (Prentice-Hall, 1995).

767-200 fuel capacity is 90,770 liters of density 0.81 g/cm^3 Jet A-1
aviation kerosene for a maximum range of 7612 miles. Both planes were
about half-fueled, holding some 37,000 kg each with a heat of
combustion exceeding 42.8 megajoules/kg or a fuel energy content of
1.6x10^12 joules/plane. This is 0.38 kilotonnes nuclear
equivalent/plane. If burned over 40 minutes the heat input internal
to the buildings was 1.3 gigawatts.

Each laden tower massed approximately 260,000 metric tonnes and was
415 meters in height. Potential energy = mgh (average height of 207
meters) or 5.3x10^11 joules. This is 0.13 Ktonnes nuclear equivalent
released from each tower as it collapsed.

The total energy released in the two World Trade Center towers was ONE
KILOTONNE NUCLEAR EQUIVALENT, favorably comparing with the Hiroshima
hypocenter ("Little Boy" having an estimated yield of 13 kilotonnes).
Note that WTC time evolution was over some 40 minutes rather than in a
second.

A weapon of mass destruction was configured and applied. Turnabout is
fair play - with hadsome interest paid on the principle.

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/

Dirk Bruere

Sep 20, 2001, 3:16:07 PM9/20/01

"Uncle Al" <Uncl...@hate.spam.net> wrote in message

> TNT empirical heat of explosion is 4.5612x10^12 joules/kilotonne.
> Atomic Energy Commission definition of a nuclear kilotonne is
> 4.186x10^12 joules or a trillion gram-calories. Heat of combustion of
> common kerosene is 46.7x10^12 joules/kilotonne, "Energy," 2nd Ed., G.
> Aubrecht (Prentice-Hall, 1995).
>
> 767-200 fuel capacity is 90,770 liters of density 0.81 g/cm^3 Jet A-1
> aviation kerosene for a maximum range of 7612 miles. Both planes were
> about half-fueled, holding some 37,000 kg each with a heat of
> combustion exceeding 42.8 megajoules/kg or a fuel energy content of
> 1.6x10^12 joules/plane. This is 0.38 kilotonnes nuclear
> equivalent/plane. If burned over 40 minutes the heat input internal
> to the buildings was 1.3 gigawatts.
>
> Each laden tower massed approximately 260,000 metric tonnes and was
> 415 meters in height. Potential energy = mgh (average height of 207
> meters) or 5.3x10^11 joules. This is 0.13 Ktonnes nuclear equivalent
> released from each tower as it collapsed.
>
> The total energy released in the two World Trade Center towers was ONE
> KILOTONNE NUCLEAR EQUIVALENT, favorably comparing with the Hiroshima
> hypocenter ("Little Boy" having an estimated yield of 13 kilotonnes).
> Note that WTC time evolution was over some 40 minutes rather than in a
> second.
>
> A weapon of mass destruction was configured and applied. Turnabout is
> fair play - with hadsome interest paid on the principle.

I think you'll find that releasing that energy in a few hundred nanoseconds
would have caused quite a bit more damage.

Dirk

Dirk Van de moortel

Sep 20, 2001, 3:35:29 PM9/20/01
"Uncle Al" <Uncl...@hate.spam.net> wrote in message news:3BAA39CA...@hate.spam.net...

It went through all this trouble to make some point.
But it had to cheat.
It calculated the energy released by the collapsing buildings.
It did not do that for the collapsing city of Hiroshima.

It knows all about chemistry.
It knows all about physics.
It talks about fair play.

Dirk Vdm

James Hunter

Sep 20, 2001, 3:36:31 PM9/20/01

Dirk Bruere wrote:

> "Uncle Al" <Uncl...@hate.spam.net> wrote in message
> > TNT empirical heat of explosion is 4.5612x10^12 joules/kilotonne.
> > Atomic Energy Commission definition of a nuclear kilotonne is
> > 4.186x10^12 joules or a trillion gram-calories. Heat of combustion of
> > common kerosene is 46.7x10^12 joules/kilotonne, "Energy," 2nd Ed., G.
> > Aubrecht (Prentice-Hall, 1995).
> >

> > A weapon of mass destruction was configured and applied. Turnabout is

> > fair play - with hadsome interest paid on the principle.
>
> I think you'll find that releasing that energy in a few hundred nanoseconds
> would have caused quite a bit more damage.

I think you'll find that the energy *can't* be released,
given that is was never absorbed to start with.

Dirk Bruere

Sep 20, 2001, 4:17:24 PM9/20/01

"James Hunter" <James....@Jhuapl.edu> wrote in message

> > > TNT empirical heat of explosion is 4.5612x10^12 joules/kilotonne.
> > > Atomic Energy Commission definition of a nuclear kilotonne is
> > > 4.186x10^12 joules or a trillion gram-calories. Heat of combustion of
> > > common kerosene is 46.7x10^12 joules/kilotonne, "Energy," 2nd Ed., G.
> > > Aubrecht (Prentice-Hall, 1995).
> > >

> > > A weapon of mass destruction was configured and applied. Turnabout is
> > > fair play - with hadsome interest paid on the principle.
> >
> > I think you'll find that releasing that energy in a few hundred
nanoseconds
> > would have caused quite a bit more damage.
>
> I think you'll find that the energy *can't* be released,
> given that is was never absorbed to start with.

If we are talking kerosene then ultimately the energy is that of plants
storing photosynthetic energy. Standard fossil fuel science.

Dirk

fred b mcgalliard

Sep 20, 2001, 4:15:23 PM9/20/01
Also, while the total energy released was likely enough on the order of one
KT, most of the fuel was burned in that spectacular external fire ball that
had little effect on the tower. In any case, in our response it would be
pretty silly to waste a few tens of KG of plutonium just to make smooth
glass out of a few hundred people and their hovels, (along with a few dozzen
WWII rifles). A spectacular response, but not really what we are looking
for. (Me any way.) I want war, not some spectacular little drop in the
bucket bombing.

I want these people all cought, counted, imprisoned permenently, their
supporters and related groups reduced to ruin or driven away in fear,
horror, and disgust, and the countries and political parties that give them
and their near kin aid and support brought to their knees and forced to
accept a limited international police action aginst them as acceptable,
prudent, and more honorable than standing with the terrorists. This must and
had better be applied equally to the irish, russia's various disenters,
Israiel, the American continents drug lords, the US lunatic right, as well
as the thousand arib causes. I will not hapily crush the arib terrorist and
suffer the Irish bomber. For this to work, everyone who has a bone to pick
needs a place to argue their case, and the fear of letting their own
terrorists get out of control. I currently fear the oregon anarchists, the
mid western anti government "gun clubs", the WTO protesters (who seem to
think that protesting WTO is more important than democratic rule), the ELF,
and a number of others that are mean, dangerous, and just this edge of out
of control. The problem is large, and we have to address it completly as a
society, or we will be driven step by step back into the stone age
(figurativly speaking).

"Dirk Bruere" <art...@kbnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Uncle Al" <Uncl...@hate.spam.net> wrote in message
> > TNT empirical heat of explosion is 4.5612x10^12 joules/kilotonne.

> > The total energy released in the two World Trade Center towers was ONE

> > KILOTONNE NUCLEAR EQUIVALENT.

James Hunter

Sep 20, 2001, 4:47:09 PM9/20/01

Dirk Bruere wrote:

> "James Hunter" <James....@Jhuapl.edu> wrote in message
> >

> > > I think you'll find that releasing that energy in a few hundred
> nanoseconds
> > > would have caused quite a bit more damage.
> >
> > I think you'll find that the energy *can't* be released,
> > given that is was never absorbed to start with.
>
> If we are talking kerosene then ultimately the energy is that of plants
> storing photosynthetic energy. Standard fossil fuel science.

We're *not* talking about kerosene though, since that's lamo "science" crap.
We are talking High-Grade STEEL. We talking
Double-Pane Reinforced Bullet-Proof GLASS,
we're talking COMPUTERS, we're talking TELEVISION
TOWERS, we're talking CONCRETE slabs. We're
talking STOCK MARKET. None of this stuff has
been tainted by COMMIES.

Randy Poe

Sep 20, 2001, 4:26:42 PM9/20/01
James Hunter wrote:

> > I think you'll find that releasing that energy in a few hundred nanoseconds
> > would have caused quite a bit more damage.
>
> I think you'll find that the energy *can't* be released,
> given that is was never absorbed to start with.

Fine. You go sit on top of a detonating nuke and
tell us no energy was released.

I'll even settle for a simpler test. Hold an
exploding firecracker in your hand and again
tell me no energy is released in the explosion.

Do you just randomize the input to come up with
these pronouncements?

Dirk Bruere

Sep 20, 2001, 5:01:48 PM9/20/01

> > nanoseconds
> > >
> > > I think you'll find that the energy *can't* be released,
> > > given that is was never absorbed to start with.
> >
> > If we are talking kerosene then ultimately the energy is that of plants
> > storing photosynthetic energy. Standard fossil fuel science.
>
> We're *not* talking about kerosene though, since that's lamo "science"
crap.
> We are talking High-Grade STEEL. We talking
> Double-Pane Reinforced Bullet-Proof GLASS,
> we're talking COMPUTERS, we're talking TELEVISION
> TOWERS, we're talking CONCRETE slabs. We're
> talking STOCK MARKET. None of this stuff has
> been tainted by COMMIES.

I may be missing something, but commies seem to be conspicuously absent wrt
the terrorist incident.

Dirk

James Hunter

Sep 20, 2001, 5:50:47 PM9/20/01

Dirk Bruere wrote:

No they're not, since anybody that knows anything
about terrorists doesn't actually hire consultants
who go around wanking about "the terrorist incident".

franz heymann

Sep 20, 2001, 5:05:15 PM9/20/01

James Hunter <James....@Jhuapl.edu> wrote in message

You appear to be more than a decade behind the times.

Franz Heymann

franz heymann

Sep 20, 2001, 5:08:29 PM9/20/01

Randy Poe <rp...@nospamatl.lmco.com> wrote in message

Do you have those machines which say "I speak your weight" in the US?
There appears to be at least one. And you don't have to drop in a
penny to make it speak.

Franz Heymann

James Hunter

Sep 20, 2001, 6:19:31 PM9/20/01

franz heymann wrote:

> James Hunter <James....@Jhuapl.edu> wrote in message

> > We're *not* talking about kerosene though, since that's lamo
> "science" crap.
> > We are talking High-Grade STEEL. We talking
> > Double-Pane Reinforced Bullet-Proof GLASS,
> > we're talking COMPUTERS, we're talking TELEVISION
> > TOWERS, we're talking CONCRETE slabs. We're
> > talking STOCK MARKET. None of this stuff has
> > been tainted by COMMIES.
>
> You appear to be more than a decade behind the times.

You seem to be confusing COMMIE with Russia,
so you are infinitely behind the times, which
is not suprising given the Big Fart.

Dirk Bruere

Sep 20, 2001, 7:26:56 PM9/20/01

"James Hunter" <James....@Jhuapl.edu> wrote in message

What are you talking about?
Your remarks seem totally disconnected from anything.

Dirk

Dirk Bruere

Sep 20, 2001, 7:28:26 PM9/20/01

> > > We're *not* talking about kerosene though, since that's lamo
> > "science" crap.
> > > We are talking High-Grade STEEL. We talking
> > > Double-Pane Reinforced Bullet-Proof GLASS,
> > > we're talking COMPUTERS, we're talking TELEVISION
> > > TOWERS, we're talking CONCRETE slabs. We're
> > > talking STOCK MARKET. None of this stuff has
> > > been tainted by COMMIES.
> >
> > You appear to be more than a decade behind the times.
>
> You seem to be confusing COMMIE with Russia,
> so you are infinitely behind the times, which
> is not suprising given the Big Fart.

I see.
A 'commie' is anyone you don't like by definition.
Hence, Bin Laden and the Taliban are actually 'commies'.

Dirk

Auntie_Al

Sep 20, 2001, 8:45:00 PM9/20/01
A B L A S T F R O M T H E P A S T
To: To all Human Beings World Wide who Believe in Freedom
and Justice for All
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Women+in+Afganistan
NINETEEN-NINETY-SIX: COMMON ERA
Women's Rights Violation in Afganistan:

The government of Afghanistan is waging a war upon women.
Since the Taliban took power in 1996, women have had to wear
burqua and have been beaten and stoned in public for not having
the proper attire, even if this means simply not having the mesh
covering in front of their eyes. One woman was beaten to
DEATH by an angry mob of fundamentalists for accidentally
exposing her arm while she was driving. Another was stoned to
death for trying to leave the country with a man that was not
a relative.

Women are not allowed to work or even go out in public without
a male relative; professional women such as professors, translators,
doctors, lawyers, artists and writers have been forced from their
jobs and stuffed into their homes, so that depression is becoming
so widespread that it has reached emergency levels. There's no
way in such an extreme Islamic society to know the suicide rate with
certainty, but relief workers are estimating that the suicide rate among
women, who cannot find proper medication and treatment for
severe depression and would rather take their lives than live in
such conditions, has increased significantly.

Homes where a woman is present must have their windows
painted so that she can never be seen by outsiders. They must
wear silent shoes so that they are never heard. Women live in
fear of their lives for the slightest misbehavior. Because they
cannot work, those without male relatives or husbands are
either starving to death or begging on the street, even if they
hold Ph.D.'s. There are almost no medical facilities available
for women and, relief workers in protest have mostly left the
country, taking medicine and psychologists and other things
necessary to treat the sky-rocketing level of depression among
women. At one of the rare hospitals for women, reporters
found still, nearly lifeless bodies lying motionless on top of
beds, wrapped in their burqua, unwilling to speak, eat, or do
anything, but slowly wasting away. Others have gone mad
and were seen crouched in corners, perpetually rocking or
crying, most of them in fear. One doctor is considering, when
what little medication that is left finally runs out, leaving
these women in front of the president's residence as a form of
peaceful protest.

It is at the point where the term 'human rights violations'
has become an understatement. Husbands have the power of life
and death over their women relatives, specially their wives,
but an angry mob has just as much right to stone or beat a
woman, often to death, for exposing an inch of flesh or
offending them in the slightest way.

Women enjoyed relative freedom, to work, dress generally
as they wanted, and drive and appear in public alone until
only 1996. The rapidity of this position is the main reason
for the depression and suicide; women who were once
educators or doctors or simply used to basic human
freedoms are now severely restricted and treated as
sub-human in the name of right-wing fundamentalist
Islam. It is not their tradition or 'culture,' but is
alien to them, and it is extreme even for those
cultures where fundamentalism is the rule.

Everyone has a right to a tolerable human existence,
even if they are women in a Muslim country. If we can
threaten military force in Kosovo in the name of human
rights for the sake of ethnic Albanians, citizens of the
world can certainly express peaceful outrage at the
oppression, murder and injustice committed against
women by the Taliban.

http://www4.PetitionOnline.com/rights/petition.html

Uncle Al <http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/sunshine.jpg> wrote
> in message news:<3BAA39CA...@hate.spam.net>...

<snip>

> <> - Dolphin charity 'hacked by the Pentagon' - trying to trace trained
> <> killers: http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_88000/88362.stm
> <> - Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society http://www.wdcs.org/
> <> - The Dolphin Institute http://www.dolphin-institute.com/
> <> - Nato spy leaked Kosovo bombing secrets to Yugoslav military command:
> <> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/europe/newsid_671000/671126.stm
> <> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
> <>
> <> Follow the money...
> <>
> <> Gung Hay Fat Choy!! Year of the Dragon!!
> <> *$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*
> <> America's 'War' With China | http://www.rense.com/politics6/warwchina.htm
> <>
> <> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> <>
> <> Gung Hay Fat Choy!!
> <>
> <> Taiwan | Japan | China
> <> http://www.taiwansecurity.org/TSR-Japan.htm
> <>
> <> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> <> Deutsche, Dresdner Banks To Merge
> <> http://search.excite.com/search.gw?collection=hourly&search=Germany+Banks
> <> *$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*$*
> <>
> <> Follow the money...
> <>
> <> Follow the money...
> <>
> <> F o l l o w t h e m o n e y . . .
> <>
> <> Gung Hay Fat Choy!!
> <>
> <> ()$()$()$()$()$()$()$()$()$()$()$()
> <>
> <> Bilderberg Hierarchy
> <> http://www.parascope.com/mx/articles/bilderbergHierarchy.htm
<snip>
> <>
> <> THE YEZIDIS OF KURDISTAN - ARE THEY REALLY ZOROASTRIANS ???
> <> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~zarathus/deen33f.html
<snip>
> [...]
> <> | ....
> <> | JOIN!! http://www.odci.gov/cia/employment/ciaeindex.htm JOIN!!
> <> | JOIN!! http://www.fbi.gov/employment/employ.htm JOIN!!
> <> | JOIN!! http://www.nsa.gov:8080/ JOIN!!
> <>
> <>
> <> Afghanistan - Mujahedin, Pathans and the 'Afghans' -
> <> http://www.fieldingtravel.com/
> <>
> <>
> <> ....A mujahadin can be any muslim who fights a jihad.
> <> Years of war and over 3 billion in covert U.S. aid
> <> have created a warrior castes in Afghanistan. A group
> <> of men who have known nothing but cruelty, fighting
> <> and hardship. Ask any male above 20 in the Afghan
> <> bazaar outside Peshawar and he will tell you tales
> <> of fighting. The Afghani mujahedin can also be Tajiks,
> <> Punjabis, Baluchis, Hazaris and Pathans who spent
> <> their young lives in nomadic columns killing Russians
> <> in the early '80s. The second group are the infamous
> <> "afghans"--foreign muslim men the Saudis, CIA and
> <> Pakistani secret service bankrolled, recruited and
> <> trained to fight the Russians. They are called "afghans"
> <> because they are not Afghani. (Stay with me, this stuff
> <> is complicated). These "afghans," estimated to be around
> <> 5000 in total, were primarily Yemenis, Algerians,
> <> Egyptians, Saudis, Filipinos, Jordanians, Syrians, Kuwaits,
> <> Palestinians and even a handful of western adventurers
> <> who acted as trainers and fighters. "Hey, its a free
> <> country, grab a rifle and get busy" was the rule.
> <> Most of these men have returned to their home countries
> <> and some are still wreaking havoc everywhere from jungles
> <> of Zamboango (Abu Sayeff) to the casbah of Algiers (GIA)
> <> to the temples of Egypt to even the canyons of Manhattan
> <> (World Trade Center bombing).
> <> The most infamous were the "Gucci Mujahadin" who came from
> <> Saudi Arabi and the rich Gulf States they were on par with
> <> Texas millionaires on hunting trips to Africa as they came
> <> fully equipped for a good 'ole time on the front lines.
> <> Osama bin Laden is the most famous of these spotlessly clean,
> <> filthy rich and tough talking group.
> <>
> <> There is also new generation of mujahedin, the taliban,
> <> youngsters who grew up in the squalid, mud-walled refugee
> <> camps of Peshawar and Quetta or who lived in the destroyed
> <> cities of Kabul. These men were children during the Russian
> <> occupation or have grown up in the shell shocked poverty of
> <> the factional fighting that followed. These young men have
> <> studied at the madrassahs of Peshawar and Quetta, been
> <> trained in the camps inside Afghanistan and then being
> <> recruited into the taliban or other groups around the world.
> <> The poster boy for this new group is Osama bin Laden,
> <> Abdul Rahman, Hassan Turabi and Mullah Omar of the taliban.

Dirk Bruere

Sep 20, 2001, 9:30:35 PM9/20/01

"Auntie_Al" <Aunt...@techemail.com> wrote in message

> A B L A S T F R O M T H E P A S T
> To: To all Human Beings World Wide who Believe in Freedom
> and Justice for All
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Women+in+Afganistan
> NINETEEN-NINETY-SIX: COMMON ERA
> Women's Rights Violation in Afganistan:
>
> The government of Afghanistan is waging a war upon women.
> Since the Taliban took power in 1996, women have had to wear
> burqua and have been beaten and stoned in public for not having
> the proper attire, even if this means simply not having the mesh
> covering in front of their eyes. One woman was beaten to
> DEATH by an angry mob of fundamentalists for accidentally
> exposing her arm while she was driving. Another was stoned to
> death for trying to leave the country with a man that was not
> a relative.

Have you no respect for Law and Order?
What kind of COMMIE are you?

Dirk

franz heymann

Sep 20, 2001, 5:58:11 PM9/20/01

James Hunter <James....@Jhuapl.edu> wrote in message

And the meaning of that is??

Franz Heymann

James Hunter

Sep 21, 2001, 1:40:41 PM9/21/01

franz heymann wrote:

> James Hunter <James....@Jhuapl.edu> wrote in message

> > No they're not, since anybody that knows anything
> > about terrorists doesn't actually hire consultants
> > who go around wanking about "the terrorist incident".
>
> And the meaning of that is??

The meaning is that commies are NOT conspicuously absent.

James Hunter

Sep 21, 2001, 2:02:13 PM9/21/01

Dirk Bruere wrote:

> "James Hunter" <James....@Jhuapl.edu> wrote in message
> > > "science" crap.
> > >

> I see.

> A 'commie' is anyone you don't like by definition.
> Hence, Bin Laden and the Taliban are actually 'commies'.

You don't see, given that you obviously don't
know anything about the subject, so it's irrelevent.

franz heymann

Sep 21, 2001, 3:27:56 PM9/21/01

James Hunter <James....@Jhuapl.edu> wrote in message

You still have me beaten. Forget it. I guess I will never understand
your contorted expressions.

Franz Heymann

franz heymann

Sep 21, 2001, 3:29:59 PM9/21/01

James Hunter <James....@Jhuapl.edu> wrote in message

That would make three of us. You, Dirk and I. I suspect there are
many more.

Franz Heymann