Caroline Thompson Passed Away

nightlight

Feb 10, 2006, 4:43:43 PM2/10/06
It is with deep regret that we write to inform you that
Caroline Thompson passed away on Wednesday 8th
February 2006. She had bravely fought cancer for
several years, until she finally succumbed.

Despite her illness she continued to work tirelessly
for what she believed in. We still hope to get her
final paper "The Chaotic Ball" published posthumously
and we will keep her website open for others to read.

Caroline Thompson Home:
http://freespace.virgin.net/ch.thompson1/

She will be missed greatly by her husband John, and her
children Daniel and Chloe.

Traveler

Feb 10, 2006, 4:57:49 PM2/10/06
On 10 Feb 2006 13:43:43 -0800, "nightlight"
<night...@omegapoint.com> wrote:

This is sad news. My condolences to her family and those who knew her.
I remember her spirited and down-to-earth debating style on
sci.physics. She stood up for what she believed in. She will be
missed.

Louis Savain

srp

Feb 10, 2006, 5:10:23 PM2/10/06
nightlight a écrit :

I had the great pleasure of discussing with her in 2000.

A dedicated and searching mind.

My deeply felt condolences to her husband and children.

André Michaud

Sam Wormley

Feb 10, 2006, 8:18:16 PM2/10/06

Sam Wormley

Feb 10, 2006, 8:18:45 PM2/10/06
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Bruce Scott TOK

Feb 13, 2006, 12:21:56 PM2/13/06
Sam W wrote:

>nightlight wrote:

>> Caroline Thompson Home:
>> http://freespace.virgin.net/ch.thompson1/

RIP Caroline. You tried hard and that's all that matters.

> Background
> http://freespace.virgin.net/ch.thompson1/CHT2000.htm

Perhaps the worst thing about all the crackpottery is the way it takes
sincere people and turns them like that. There _are_ problems in the
way science self-narrows (within each sub-field as well), but the main
reason for that is in fact all the noise and the way people feel they
have to protect themselves from it. But well-meaning people see that
and ged led astray for all the wrong reasons. I see them as victims,
not perpetrators.

This is someone who was completely sincere and deserves to be respected
for it.

--
ciao,
Bruce

drift wave turbulence: http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~bds/

nightlight

Feb 13, 2006, 1:43:30 PM2/13/06
Her position was a perfectly legitimate one, with a long and respected
tradition behind it, which included Einstein, Lorentz, de Broglie,
Schrodinger... through E.T. Jaynes, A. Barut, T. Marshall, E. Santos
and many others at present. I think the history will come out
eventually on the side of this small but notable minority. Caroline
came in as a complete outsider and waged a good battle against all
odds. She was from a nowdays rare breed of completely honest,
uncompromising and earnest folk. Her always lively and engaging emails
will be missed.

Traveler

Feb 13, 2006, 5:47:37 PM2/13/06
On 13 Feb 2006 10:43:30 -0800, "nightlight"
<night...@omegapoint.com> wrote:

What I liked about Caroline is that, right or wrong, she was not an
ass kisser, like so many of the posters on sci.physics.

Louis Savain

tj Frazir

Feb 13, 2006, 9:01:54 PM2/13/06
In 0.001 second 3.7 billion years will pass and evry carbon atom will
fall into that black hole.
The soul is all you know on evry carbon atom in dna .
we are our own witnesses.
In the new cities where the streets are as clear as glass .
Human life is good for 250 million years and thats a Unisecond.
The black hole is good till time ends.

T Wake

Feb 14, 2006, 7:02:48 AM2/14/06

"tj Frazir" <Gravity...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> In 0.001 second 3.7 billion years will pass and evry carbon atom will
> fall into that black hole.

You really are an idiot.

I.Vecchi

Feb 14, 2006, 3:24:05 PM2/14/06
nightlight ha scritto:

> It is with deep regret that we write to inform you that
> Caroline Thompson passed away on Wednesday 8th
> February 2006. She had bravely fought cancer for
> several years, until she finally succumbed.
>
> Despite her illness she continued to work tirelessly
> for what she believed in.

Caroline was indeed a remarkable lady.
My sincere condolences to her family.

Italo Vecchi