RV Triton Pictures

Russ

Jan 31, 2001, 1:38:17 PM1/31/01
Guys,

As promised a day or two ago, I have posted some photo's of my recent visit
round RV Triton at:

www.btinternet.com/~russ.price/

Hope they're of interest. If you use the pictures, please give me a credit !

Cheers,
Russ

Mac

Jan 31, 2001, 1:55:28 PM1/31/01

Excellent, thanks for sharing.
--
Mac .

John Gilbert

Jan 31, 2001, 2:16:12 PM1/31/01

Russ <Ru...@btinternet.komm> wrote in message

Those are nice quality pictures. Is your camera a simple point and
shoot?

I'm a little surprised at how "stealthy" they made the basic shape of
the superstructure on this research ship. But then, why not, since it
shouldn't add much expense. That bell doesn't look stealthy though...
:)

John Gilbert

Daz

Jan 31, 2001, 5:09:34 PM1/31/01
Great pics Russ,
Do you have any details of the Radar fit?
Ta
Daz

Russ

Jan 31, 2001, 5:24:30 PM1/31/01

"Daz" <Yi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Great pics Russ,
> Do you have any details of the Radar fit?
> Ta
> Daz

Thanks Daz,

Sorry, not got any radar details to hand but I'll see if I can find anything
out.

Cheers,
Russ

Russ

Jan 31, 2001, 5:38:42 PM1/31/01

"Daz" <Yi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Great pics Russ,
> Do you have any details of the Radar fit?

Daz,
Found a bit of info on the bridge equipment..

Regards,
Russ

Navigation:
Bridgemaster E, S band & X band Type Approved ARPA radars
GPS (Differential + advanced TIS Differential GPS system including attitude
sensing)
VT2100 Electronic Chart System
Echo Sounder
Doppler Speed Log
Facsimile Weather Receiver

Communications:
INMARSAT with modem and fax facilities
Two 25W fully synthesised marine duplex FM VHF. UHF
AM military radio transceiver
Internal communications system - Public address & alarm system, Talkback
system, Sound powered telephone system, Automatic telephone exchange system,
Communal antenna system

Daz

Feb 1, 2001, 10:23:05 AM2/1/01
Thanks Russ.
Daz

"Russ" <Ru...@btinternet.komm> wrote in message

Russ

Feb 1, 2001, 1:13:46 PM2/1/01

"John Gilbert" <gilb...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> Russ <Ru...@btinternet.komm> wrote in message
> > Guys,
> >
> > As promised a day or two ago, I have posted some photo's of my
> recent visit
> > round RV Triton at:

> Those are nice quality pictures. Is your camera a simple point and
> shoot?

Hi John,

It was actually a Kodak digital.
I took them at medium rez as it was day one of a three day visit and so
needed to conserve space on my memory card as much as possible !!

Know what you mean about the bell though ;-)

BTW...in the mess aboard Triton, I also managed to find a nice little bar,
selling such stuff as "CSB" (Courage Sparkling Bitter), but didn't try to
get a pint...that was maybe taking things a bit far !!!!

Russ

Andy Spark

Feb 2, 2001, 5:03:40 AM2/2/01
In article <95c90q$4es$1...@plutonium.btinternet.com>, Russ
<Ru...@btinternet.komm> wrote:

> BTW...in the mess aboard Triton, I also managed to find a nice little bar,
> selling such stuff as "CSB" (Courage Sparkling Bitter), but didn't try to
> get a pint...that was maybe taking things a bit far !!!!

That takes me back... CSB is a very creditable attempt at a long life
bitter which can cope with being thrown around the 'oggin for a few
months. It's actually really rather drinkable... At least it seems that
way when the alternative is tea with millac. Pass me a horses neck
someone...

John Gilbert

Feb 2, 2001, 11:36:52 AM2/2/01

> "John Gilbert" <gilb...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Those are nice quality pictures. Is your camera a simple point and
> > shoot?
>
> It was actually a Kodak digital.
> I took them at medium rez as it was day one of a three day visit and so
> needed to conserve space on my memory card as much as possible !!

Digital is good! You don't lose any quality when you transfer it to the
computer. I just bought my wife a digital camera for Christmas, and will have
to borrow it for my next ship tour.

Thanks again for the pictures.

John Gilbert

Michael Hellwig

Feb 2, 2001, 3:34:01 PM2/2/01
Russ <Ru...@btinternet.komm> wrote:
> Guys,

> www.btinternet.com/~russ.price/

looked at 'em ... nice pics!

--
to contact me via email, remove the "deadspam.com" part of my email
address and replace it with "anglistik (dot) uibk (dot) ac (dot) at"