The latest at MT Exchange (also posted to MT Daily)

Melinda S. Meahan

Aug 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/21/98
happytra...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
> handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like, the
> server was down most of the day? I don't think so.

I guess you didn't see just a week or two ago when MT Daily's boards
were down for a whole day?????????
--
CHANGE THE RETURN ADDRESS IF YOU REPLY TO THIS BY EMAIL!!!!
This address has been spamproofed and mail sent to this

MAS

Aug 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/21/98
nos...@mindspring.com wrote:

> "Alot" isn't a word, by the way.
>
> Peggy
>
> happytra...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> >I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the little
> >ninny is up to on her sight

"sight"??? Um, maybe site?

Marsha in Ohio

RaeMorrill

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98

I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the little
ninny is up to on her sight

Sight? Really, maybe you'd better run back to MTD to learn to spell. Whoops,
no, that won't work. No one over there is allowed to tell you you don't know
your asshole from you elbow.

I'm rather certain that any person JUST starting out on a board is going to
have some "growing pains." So get a life.

Rae Morrill in Maine
"Ya can't get theyuh from heeah"
_______________________________
Spam mailers WILL be reported to their respective postmasters and AOL TOSSPAM!

RaeMorrill

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98

Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and running.
Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important to
us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.

Hey Happy,

Newsflash, A lot is two words. Course you won't hear that on MTD. They wouldn't
wanna hurt your feelings. What a chuckle.

happytra...@my-dejanews.com

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like, the
server was down most of the day? I don't think so.

Numero two is that she says she might have to start removing some of her
archived messages. Her server **SUPPOSEDLY** might start asking her for more
money because of the amount of space she is using. Like, I mean, how much
money could it take to run one of these sites? I personally think she is just
starting to make excuses so that when she dissolves the whole venture she can
say 'Like, see, I TOLD you it was too expensive and so that is why I am doing
this' rather than admitting it was a stinky idea to start with.

Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and running.
Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important to
us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.

Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl

I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the little
ninny is up to on her sight

Blupencl

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
In article <6rlamb$5d0$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, happytra...@my-dejanews.com
writes:

>Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
>handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like, the
>server was down most of the day? I don't think so.

Um, do you have a problem with MT Exchange being in existence for some reason?
You sound pretty happy that there was trouble on the server - why on earth
would you care?

>Numero two is that she says she might have to start removing some of her
>archived messages. Her server **SUPPOSEDLY** might start asking her for more
>money because of the amount of space she is using. Like, I mean, how much
>money could it take to run one of these sites?

Well, like, uh, you know, um, I think that it can cost considerable money to
run one of these sites.

I personally think she is just>starting to make excuses so that when she
dissolves the whole venture she can >say 'Like, see, I TOLD you it was too
expensive and so that is why I am doing >this' rather than admitting it was a
stinky idea to start with.

Well, like, um, ya know, um why would you think it was a stinky idea? I
personally think it was a great idea.

>Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and running.
>Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important
>to>us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.

Ms. Anonymous, what does Mary's board have to do with MTExchange? Do you see
these two sites as adversarial? Just go to the one you like and forget the
other one.

Oh, like, um, you can't spell. Access has two c's and there is no such word in
the English language as "ALOT"

>Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl

I am also glad you are an MT Daily kinda girl.

>I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the little
>ninny is up to on her sight

What does any of this have to do with visual acuity?

I think you'd better have a little visit with Mr. Webster before you start
calling anybody a ninny.

Bambi

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Rae,
If we're proofing, and I'm not saying *I'd* ever consider such a thing <G>,
but acess???

I say cheers to the brand of intelligence being produced by the lovely
supporters of MTD? Who says idiocy doesn't reign?
(Happywhatever.....that's reign as in rule, not like rain which falls from
the sky FYI).

Bambi

RaeMorrill wrote in message
<199808220323...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and
running.
>Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important
>us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.

Bambi

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Since I don't visit MTD, I'm curious in light of the pulled posts in the
past....was this indeed posted and how long did it stay?

Just curious, ya know.

happytra...@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<6rlamb$5d0$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
>handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like,
the
>server was down most of the day? I don't think so.
>

>Numero two is that she says she might have to start removing some of her
>archived messages. Her server **SUPPOSEDLY** might start asking her for
more
>money because of the amount of space she is using. Like, I mean, how much

>money could it take to run one of these sites? I personally think she is

just
>starting to make excuses so that when she dissolves the whole venture she
can
>say 'Like, see, I TOLD you it was too expensive and so that is why I am
doing
>this' rather than admitting it was a stinky idea to start with.
>

>Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and
running.
>Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important
>us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.
>

>Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl
>

>I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the
little
>ninny is up to on her sight

Janie Gilbert

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
to happytra...@my-dejanews.com
As far as the boards being down: I have a news flash for you: yes,
they can be down for most of the day. I run a message board (not MT, so
don't start with me) that's maintained on a separate server (Paradise)
and about a month ago, it was down for more than 24 hours through no
fault of mine. Outta my hands. My web server occasionally has down
time too.

As others have said: why would you care if you do not like it there.
Simply stay with MT Daily if you wish.

Janie G.

Julianne Weight

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
On 22 Aug 1998 03:23:08 GMT, raemo...@aol.com (RaeMorrill) wrote:

>Hey Happy,
>
>Newsflash, A lot is two words. Course you won't hear that on MTD. They wouldn't
>wanna hurt your feelings. What a chuckle.

Actually, there was such a discussion regarding the fact that "a lot"
is not one word... Happy must have missed following this on her
beloved's board.

Julianne Weight
Reply to yazoo2u at YAHOO!

nos...@mindspring.com

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
You know, I don't know what this controversy is about, but I sure am
beginning to think that "happytranscriber" is a really nasty sort.
Mean and hateful in a personal way.

"Alot" isn't a word, by the way.

Peggy

happytra...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
>handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like, the
>server was down most of the day? I don't think so.

>Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and running.
>Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important to
>us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.

>Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl

>I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the little
>ninny is up to on her sight

Reply to digitalcmt (at) you-know-where (dot) com. It's a puzzle, I know, but all the clues are in this post.

Loretta

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
In article , nos...@mindspring.com says...

>You know, I don't know what this controversy is about, but I sure am
>beginning to think that "happytranscriber" is a really nasty sort.
>Mean and hateful in a personal way.
>
>"Alot" isn't a word, by the way.
>
>Peggy

No controversy really, Peggy. Just another troll crawling out from the MT Daily
moat to give us all an edyoukayshin. Must be someone forgot to feed the baby
troll a dose of spoonfed words today.

Loretta

TNminihors

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
>Sight? Really, maybe you'd better run back to MTD to learn to spell. Whoops,
>no, that won't work. No one over there is allowed to tell you you don't know
>your asshole from you elbow.

*You elbow*?? Maybe people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

Rsmommy

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98

>I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the little
>ninny is up to on her sight

But I'll bet the "ninny (???)" knows the difference between ***sight*** and
***site***.

LAnd44844

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
We experienced this same thing a few weeks ago. Remember? My best guess is
that this is an attempt to make people put down Mary. It's similar to yelling,
"Fight! Fight!" While some may have disagreements or differences with Mary,
some people would like for it to escalate further. One way to do that is to
plant a message with poor grammar, spelling, word usage and attitude. This is
supposed to make us start up a feud. We're supposed to start thinking that one
must take sides and either like one web site or the other, not both. "Like"
I'm not falling for it. I don't care what anybody thinks of Mary - and I have
my own disagreements with her - she would NOT have someone representing her in
this manner. This is not her style. This person is obviously someone who
doesn't like Mary and is "posing" as her friend or loyal participant of her web
site. I don't buy it.

<Ms. Anonymous, what does Mary's board have to do with MTExchange? Do you see
these two sites as adversarial? Just go to the one you like and forget the
other one.>

Oh, like, um, you can't spell. Access has two c's and there is no such word in
the English language as "ALOT"

>Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl>

LAnd44844

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
<Actually, there was such a discussion regarding the fact that "a lot"
is not one word... Happy must have missed following this on her
beloved's board.>

Julianne, that's because she DOESN'T follow it. <chuckle>

LAnd44844

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
<I guess you didn't see just a week or two ago when MT Daily's boards
were down for a whole day?????????>

Again, that's because this person is a plant to stir us up. <G>

Blupencl

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
You're right, Linda. I sure don't have anything against Mary OR her site. The
only people who get my goat are the ones who seem to be trying to take up for
her.

HappyT must be somebody I've worked with for enough years to realize that ALOT
is one of my button pushers.

No more rising to the bait, I swear.

In article <199808221333...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, land...@aol.com

MT

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Linda, I agree. I wish this would stop. It is demeaning to Mary, to me, and to
anyone who follows all of these boards and sites. I have found, at one time or
another, much valuable information on MT Daily and I hope people find valuable
information at MTX. I vote we just ignore this garbage and get on with our lives.
Goodness knows, mine is busy enough these days!

Caryn

LAnd44844 wrote:

> We experienced this same thing a few weeks ago. Remember? My best guess is
> that this is an attempt to make people put down Mary. It's similar to yelling,

> "Fight! Fight!" While some may have disagreements or differences with Mary,

> some people would like for it to escalate further. One way to do that is to
> plant a message with poor grammar, spelling, word usage and attitude. This is
> supposed to make us start up a feud. We're supposed to start thinking that one

bn...@bigfoot.com

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
> Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
> handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like, the
> server was down most of the day? I don't think so.

Do you have any idea how the internet works? Not just your little corner
of it, but the INTERNET. Not that it would make much sense to you, but
a backhoe operator up in L.A. cut a OC43 fiber optic cable -- and with it
went a large portion of the Internet. Then, after they took nearly 10
hours to fix it, the main router at WorldCOM's Irvine hub went down. The
spare was bad, so they had to fly in a new card from San Francisco. Then
they had problems with the routing table and had to fly in an emergency
response team to fix the software.

> Numero two is that she says she might have to start removing some of her
> archived messages. Her server **SUPPOSEDLY** might start asking her for more
> money because of the amount of space she is using. Like, I mean, how much
> money could it take to run one of these sites?

Are you asking a real question or not? Do *you* know how much it costs
for domain names, server space and the other aspects of web pages? It's
not cheap, but then again, that's all relative. Considering that I don't
think she's in it to make a buck and it's money out of her pocket, then I
don't think any amount of money would be considered "cheap". Not to
mention time involved.

Just a friendly suggestion, you might want to get your facts straight
before you start blasting things you don't know much about.

RaeMorrill

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98

this manner. This is not her style. This person is obviously someone who
doesn't like Mary and is "posing" as her friend or loyal participant of her web
site. I don't buy it.

Linda,

This is a possibility. I know Mary wouldn't solicit this type of support (or I
certainly hope not). However, I'm afraid the poor spelling and style may be
real. After all, someone over there just posted as to whether anyone had heard
of Siliac screw disease.

RaeMorrill

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98

*You elbow*?? Maybe people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

Somehow I'm not surprised someone would jump on that. There is a difference
between a typo at midnight and multiple wrong word/spellings. I did notice that
as it posted, but we can't edit here, can we?

TNminihors

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
>Somehow I'm not surprised someone would jump on that. There is a difference
>between a typo at midnight and multiple wrong word/spellings. I did notice
>that
>as it posted, but we can't edit here, can we?

I see. Tired minds sometimes don't function either...ever had that happen.
I have.

dd...@mail.hscribe.com

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
In article <6rlamb$5d0$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

happytra...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
> handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like, the
> server was down most of the day? I don't think so.
>
> Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl
>
> I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the little
> ninny is up to on her sight

Indeed, you ARE an MT Daily kinda girl. If you are, as you say, a
"transcriber" then why don't you go plug yourself in somewhere and rewind.
We are NOT transcribers....or hadn't you heard.

Melinda S. Meahan

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
LAnd44844 wrote:

> This person is obviously someone who doesn't like Mary and is
> "posing" as her friend or loyal participant of her web
> site. I don't buy it.

Maybe not, Linda. I have seen lots of situations where someone has
developed a loyal/blind following and people take things to far
extremes, much, much farther than the person they are following would
want it taken. It has happened all throughout history.

LAnd44844

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
<However, I'm afraid the poor spelling and style may be
real. After all, someone over there just posted as to whether anyone had heard
of Siliac screw disease>

You're right. I know what you are talking about. My students keep telling me
about what they have seen. It isn't a case of, "Well, you were new once; you
weren't BORN a medical transcriptionist." This is a case of forgetting to use
the brain.

When I first started my school in 1990, I taught the computer applications one
on one. Then one day I looked at the student who was staring at the ceiling and
saying, "Okay, now what do I do." DUH! It took me a while to figure out that
the best way to help my students is to guide them as they learn to LEARN. They
have to dig things out for themselves. It does absolutely no good to just hand
someone the answers. The bad thing in some word boards is that the ANSWERS are
wrong, then you have someone thanking all the wonderful people who GAVE all
these wrong answers. Some word boards are better than others. The one on AOL
seems to be really good, and I LOVE the one on MTDesk. People are not
encouraged to MOOCH. That's it! That's what I don't like to see. I don't like
to see people who are too lazy to do the work for themselves MOOCHING off those
who get an ego boost from ALLOWING people to mooch off them. That's SO
different than the wonderful mentors who volunteer their time and effort to
help MT students who are working their tails off trying to do a good job. One
is a HEALTHY thing while the other is not.
---stepping off this ole' egg crate now so somebody else can have a turn. <G>

Linda L Andrews, CMT
www.andrewsschool.com

LAnd44844

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
That's a good reason not to allow people to put you on pedestals or turn you
into some kind of a cult leader. There are people who are bound and determined
to find somebody they can put up on a pedestal. Those who are wise will not
allow anyone to do that to them. The fall can hurt. Maybe those of us who are
unlikely to be worshipped this way are actually the lucky ones. At least I am
because I'm afraid of heights. <G>

Anne V.

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Hate to disabuse you of this notion, but my server was down for nearly 2
days a few weeks ago. Mother nature wins sometimes.

>Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
>handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like,
the
>server was down most of the day? I don't think so.
>

>Numero two is that she says she might have to start removing some of her
>archived messages. Her server **SUPPOSEDLY** might start asking her for
more
>money because of the amount of space she is using. Like, I mean, how much

>money could it take to run one of these sites? I personally think she is
just
>starting to make excuses so that when she dissolves the whole venture she
can
>say 'Like, see, I TOLD you it was too expensive and so that is why I am
doing
>this' rather than admitting it was a stinky idea to start with.
>

>Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and
running.
>Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important
>us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.
>

>Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl
>
>I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the
little
>ninny is up to on her sight

JBuxton569

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
Linda, when I was going to school to learn MT I was also learning to use the
personal computer. At first when I had a problem, the lab teacher would come
over and try to correct the problem himself. That is a big no-no for me. NO
ONE TOUCHES A COMPUTER I'M USING.

After I slapped his hands a couple of times, he got the message and stepped me
through the problem, letting me do the actual work. I'm one of those people
who learn by doing not by watching or having information spoon fed to me.

When I was asked to take over the computerized medical billing class when the
teacher was out sick for two weeks, that is how I taught the class. I was
there to answer questions, but the students did the work.

I really feel sorry for those people on the word help board. It's not doing
them a favor to give them answers, right or wrong, to such basic questions.

Judity

Anne V.

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
ROFL!!! I love it, I love it!

ValerieMcC

Aug 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/22/98
writes:

>Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she is
>handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like, the
>server was down most of the day? I don't think so.
>
>Numero two is that she says she might have to start removing some of her
>archived messages. Her server **SUPPOSEDLY** might start asking her for more
>money because of the amount of space she is using. Like, I mean, how much
>money could it take to run one of these sites?

You sure don't know a lot about computers, do you? Of course a server can be
down all day! Its only a computer or two or three....perhaps an upgrade of
software that went haywire or a head crash.

Why do you think there is some sort of conspiracy here? What nonsense! I'm
not surprised she is getting hell from her ISP...she probably way
underestimated the amount of storage space she would require and, as she is
renting it from someone else (which is what the ISP is in business to do), it
can get very expensive. This happens frequently with growing web sites...no
big mystery to it.

>Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and running.
>Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are important to
>us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank you.

>Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl

I really don't think that MTD and MT exchange are in competition...though if
the grand poobah of MTD thinks so, I'm really interested to hear it. There's
is an abundance of room for many resources for MTs...I'm thrilled that folks
(including Mary Morken) have taken the initiative to develop these resources
for us. They deserve a round of applause.

That said, get your childish attitude out of here!

Val

dd...@mail.hscribe.com

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
In article <199808221753...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,

land...@aol.com (LAnd44844) wrote:
> <However, I'm afraid the poor spelling and style may be
> real. After all, someone over there just posted as to whether anyone had heard
> of Siliac screw disease>
>
> You're right. I know what you are talking about. My students keep telling me
> about what they have seen. It isn't a case of, "Well, you were new once; you
> weren't BORN a medical transcriptionist." This is a case of forgetting to use
> the brain.

At one time I taught transcription at the local community college. I was
giving my little spiel the first day of class about transcription, what it
is, who can do it and giving them some of my background. I mentioned that I
had been an MT for 30 years, at which point one of the students raised her
hand and asked how did we do spellcheck on a typewriter? Perhaps that is one
of the fundamental differences between those of us who started in the field
pre-computers and the newbies? At the risk of sounding like my
grandmother....I can remember in the olden days when a doctor said a word I
didn't know....I had to get up from my typewriter and go over to where they
kept the reference books (all two of them) and LOOK IT UP.

Bailey

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
GET A LIFE.

Aecnc2

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Dear Happy:

First of all, ALOT is not a word - it should be A LOT (two words - look it up
please). Also, ACCESS is spelled with two Cs. In addition, ".....what the
"ninny" is up to at her SIGHT (should be SITE). And last, but not least, you
may be a transcriber but I am a transcriptionist.

What is the problem here? Don't you think more than one web site for
transcriptionists can coexist without all this fuss? Mary's site offers a lot
of information, as does MTDesk (my personal favorite), and now the fledgling
MTExchange. We TRANSCRIPTIONISTS have A LOT more to worry about than which web
SITE to ACCESS. Thank goodness there are resources out there for us - and if
you don't like one, you can always go to another. Get a grip, grow up, then
maybe the big girls will let you play.

Anne Collins, CMT
Winston-Salem, NC

nos...@mindspring.com

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
tnmin...@aol.com (TNminihors) wrote:

>I see. Tired minds sometimes don't function either...ever had that happen.
>I have.

The errors in that post were ignorance errors. "Alot" is not a typo.
It's not something that happens because you're tired. It happens when
the writer is ignorant of English usage and grammar.

Peggy

Su

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Janie (and others) ... I learned a long time ago not to waste my time
responding to nitwits.

Janie Gilbert wrote in message <35DE4A...@worldnet.att.net>...
>As far as the boards being down: I have a news flash for you: yes,
>they can be down for most of the day. I run a message board (not MT, so
>don't start with me) that's maintained on a separate server (Paradise)
>and about a month ago, it was down for more than 24 hours through no
>fault of mine. Outta my hands. My web server occasionally has down
>time too.
>
>As others have said: why would you care if you do not like it there.
>Simply stay with MT Daily if you wish.
>
>Janie G.

>happytra...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>>
>> Her boards were down almost all day as was the main page. The story she
is
>> handing out to anyone who emailed her is that the server was down. Like,
the
>> server was down most of the day? I don't think so.
>>
>> Numero two is that she says she might have to start removing some of her
>> archived messages. Her server **SUPPOSEDLY** might start asking her for
more
>> money because of the amount of space she is using. Like, I mean, how much

>> money could it take to run one of these sites? I personally think she is
just
>> starting to make excuses so that when she dissolves the whole venture she
can
>> say 'Like, see, I TOLD you it was too expensive and so that is why I am
doing
>> this' rather than admitting it was a stinky idea to start with.
>>

>> Mary, I am glad that we can rely on you to keep these boards up and
running.
>> Your downtime is minimal and that counts for ALOT. Your pages are
important to
>> us and you make sure that we have acess to them. I just want to thank
you.

>> Happy to be an MT Daily kinda girl
>>

>> I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the
little
>> ninny is up to on her sight

TNminihors

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98

>The errors in that post were ignorance errors. "Alot" is not a typo.
>It's not something that happens because you're tired. It happens when
>the writer is ignorant of English usage and grammar.
>
>Peggy

Perhaps you're right, I don't know. I do know that I hesitate to call another
person "ignorant" for making a mistake, typo or otherwise, until I'm perfect
myself. I'm still working on that.

ValerieMcC

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
In article <199808221113...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,
tnmin...@aol.com (TNminihors) writes:

>No one over there is allowed to tell you you don't know
>>your asshole from you elbow.
>>

>*You elbow*?? Maybe people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

Don't be silly...she was illustrating her point!

Valerie

Gdubson

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
In article <199808231120...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
tnmin...@aol.com (TNminihors) writes:

>Perhaps you're right, I don't know. I do know that I hesitate to call
>another
>person "ignorant" for making a mistake, typo or otherwise, until I'm perfect
>myself. I'm still working on that.

When you don't know something, you are ignorant of it. What another person
knows or does not know doesn't get you off the hook.

Gisele

Su

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Y'all isn't a word either, ladies, but people in this rat hole say it all
the time.

MAS wrote in message <35DE2F...@sylvania.sev.org>...
>nos...@mindspring.com wrote:
>
>> "Alot" isn't a word, by the way.
>>
>> Peggy

>> happytra...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>> >I just thought you scimedders would be interested in knowing what the
little
>> >ninny is up to on her sight
>

>"sight"??? Um, maybe site?
>
>Marsha in Ohio

Bambi

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Peggy and I will let you know when you get there, ok with you Peggy? <g>

Bambi currently sharing the title Goddess of Nitpicking with Peggy (with
several others waiting in line for the crown).

TNminihors wrote in message
<199808231120...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>>The errors in that post were ignorance errors. "Alot" is not a typo.
>>It's not something that happens because you're tired. It happens when
>>the writer is ignorant of English usage and grammar.
>>
>>Peggy

Bambi

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Miss Su,
I use y'all on a regular basis.....are you picking on ME? <g>
Ready for a good rumble, things at home base crumbled big-time this weekend.
Anybody wanna fight? Not fight-fight, just a good loud debate about
something more interesting than y'all or A LOT?

Bambi who's exhausted from trying to be nice.

Bambi

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98

>Don't be silly...she was illustrating her point!
>Valerie

Val,
So was Happywhatever. The point being that it obviously posts at MTD where
it doesn't learn a darn thing or where ignorance is fostered.

Bambi

RaeMorrill

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98

Don't be silly...she was illustrating her point!

Valerie

Thanks, Val! I musta just forgot what I was doing.... too much Nutrasweet?

TNminihors

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98

>>*You elbow*?? Maybe people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?
>>

>Don't be silly...she was illustrating her point!

I see. Perhaps the person who posted "sight" while obviously meaning "site"
was illustrating some point as well. How does one know the above *you elbow*
was a simple "mistake" while the person with the *sight* issue was ignorant?

TNminihors

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
>So was Happywhatever. The point being that it obviously posts at MTD where
>it doesn't learn a darn thing or where ignorance is fostered.
>
>Bambi

To be honest, Bambi, in my opinion, I don't see as much *ignorance* posted on
MTD as I see here. I also see a lot more professionalism and courtesy there.
I don't call that *ignorance*.

TNminihors

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
>Peggy and I will let you know when you get there, ok with you Peggy? <g>

Shall I keep an eye on *y'all* as well? <VBG>

Blupencl

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
The key here is that you don't realize what you are seeing.

This is an unmoderated newsgroup, and MTD is a moderated, privately owned area,
where anything that doesn't suit the owner is removed before you see it. Many
people enjoy that place, and I go over there myself once in awhile, though it's
not where I go when I need to know something.

I call it MT-Lite. :)

The post you are talking about was full of mistakes that come from not knowing,
and it was written in a crowing tone, by a person so without a life that she
was slobbering all over herself because a server went down. Unfortunately,
this reflected poorly upon the owner, who is a really nice person. I know it
shouldn't have but in this situation of "we vs. they" it made a mark for the
"other" side.

The post was mean, chickens**t, and, above all, was a beautiful illustration of
ignorance, in my opinion.

In article <199808232201...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

Vickie

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
to TNminihors
Oh, for Pete's sake! If MT Daily seems more professional, it is because
the posts that lack even a tad of professionalism have been
pulled....actually a lot of very professional posts are pulled also if
they do not deal with the subject matter felt appropriate by the board
monitor. There are some highly-skilled professionals here as well as MT
Daily AS WELL AS MT Exchange. All professionals have their moments,
including you, TNminihors, where they tend to lack a bit of
professionalism. I believe they call that being **human**. All of the
boards mentioned above consist of **humans** (I think) :-) So, what is
the deal? All of the aforementioned sites provide information that is
used by **somebody**. Heck, apparently even the lack of professionalism
somewhere is used by someone.

Freedom of choice is good. You have the right to post or read where you
so desire as do I and as does anyone.

So quit trying to knock down someone's choice, please. We all have our
own reasons for what is appealing to us. That choice is ours and so is
the reason.

Vickie

Patt

Loretta

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
In article , tnmin...@aol.com says...

>>So was Happywhatever. The point being that it obviously posts at MTD where
>>it doesn't learn a darn thing or where ignorance is fostered.
>>
>>Bambi
>
>To be honest, Bambi, in my opinion, I don't see as much *ignorance* posted on
>MTD as I see here. I also see a lot more professionalism and courtesy there.
>I don't call that *ignorance*.

Then what for pete's sake are you doing here? Goodness, we wouldn't want you to
be tainted by the ignorance that is served up here now. Maybe your
intelligence would be better stimulated in the moderated forum. Oh... and don't
forget your blinders and insulin when you go back there. The sweetness and
light are enough to send a person into DKA.

Loretta

Melinda S. Meahan

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Patt wrote:

> Refer to subject line of this thread. So I just had to go see what
> kind of responses this post generated over at MT Daily ("also posted
> to MT Daily")... but I cannot find the post over there anywhere????
> Hmmmm. ?? Happytranscriber, are you SURE you posted it to MT Daily?

I didn't bother to look. I figured Mary would have deleted the post by
the time I saw the post on the NG. <GGGGGGGGG>
--
CHANGE THE RETURN ADDRESS IF YOU REPLY TO THIS BY EMAIL!!!!
This address has been spamproofed and mail sent to this
address will bounce. Please remove the dot at the second
character of the address to reply.

Bambi

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Please look up the definition of ignorance as you, seemingly, have it
confused with another adjective.

TNminihors wrote in message
<199808232201...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

Bambi

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Actually yes. Tact is something I'm using right now in telling you politely
that you're looking for a fight you won't find here. That ignorance is not
rudeness but lack of knowledge. Rudeness you'll find here. Lack of
knowledge you will have to look for very, very hard. Those of us who point
out errors often do so with some degree of superiority, and just as often do
it in an effort to teach the poster the proper use of words and spelling.
Site and sight are definitely not interchangeable. I agree that whomever
wrote that post did it hoping to give rise to a debate and that the spelling
errors were on purpose. I also know that in Rae's defiance to such trash
her emotions caused her to miss hitting an 'r' on the keyboard. BIG, BIG,
difference wouldn't you say?

Now, let's see, what other word did you want help with? Oh yes, tolerance.
I think that's another you've already seen here.....afterall, we've
tolerated you haven't we?

Bambi
TNminihors wrote in message
<199808240050...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>>Please look up the definition of ignorance as you, seemingly, have it
>>confused with another adjective.
>

>Don't need to look it up, Bambi, that's one I already learned. I'm working
on
>*tact*, then I'm going to work on *tolerance*. Can you help me out with
those?

spee...@webtv.net

Aug 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/23/98
Su wrote:

<Y'all isn't a word either, ladies, but people in this rat hole say it
all the time.>

Actually, Su, the word y'all is in recent-edition dictionaries. Take a
look for yourself. It should never be transcribed, but it is a word.

Rat hole? Are you calling Memphis or the whole southern US a rat hole?

Amy

TNminihors

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98

RMJCMT

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
> I sure am
>beginning to think that "happytranscriber" is a really nasty sort.

Actually, "happytranscriber" is a"joyful machine", not a happy
transcriptionist. Joking aside, translated from the original Translyvanian
language, "happytranscriber" means "troll."

RaeMorrill

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98

I see. Perhaps the person who posted "sight" while obviously meaning "site"
was illustrating some point as well. How does one know the above *you elbow*
was a simple "mistake" while the person with the *sight* issue was ignorant?

LOL! Do you know how intelligent this is making you sound? First off, most
people on this newsgroup no me. They no I generally right "purdy gud." Your
post had at least three errors in spelling or word usage. Actually, I think
typing "alot" is more of a typo that using sight for site (or maybe you meant
cite). Since I did type YOUR asshole, in spite of dropping the r from YOU
elbow, one could easily see it wasn't lack of understanding.

Oh, before you get two excited about what you think are usage errors above, the
no, right and two were deliberate.

RaeMorrill

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98

To be honest, Bambi, in my opinion, I don't see as much *ignorance* posted on
MTD as I see here. I also see a lot more professionalism and courtesy there.
I don't call that *ignorance*.
. >

Sheesh, I'm about ready to impersonate Su here.

You're right sweety. It is soooo professional to delete posts that concerned
and experienced MTs post suggesting people learn on their own, not cheat on
their MT homework, and learn to use references effectively. That kind of advice
will get them far in the real world. NOT! The spoon feeding going on over there
is nauseating. The same questions being asked this week as last, or maybe even
yesterday. No one notes anything unless it helps them NOW.

RaeMorrill

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
I also know that in Rae's defiance to such trash
her emotions caused her to miss hitting an 'r' on the keyboard. BIG, BIG,
difference wouldn't you say?

Tee hee. Well, maybe, but it could have been the late hour combined with the
Bud Lite (oops maybe that is Light).

RaeMorrill

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
I'm positive this is the exact stuff Mary would delete. Funniest part is this
type comes here posing as a fan of MTD and Mary. Either they are truly trolls
or they are the worst friends Mary ever had. If you loved MTD the way you say,
you would never post this type of thing, as all know MTD cannot tolerate even
the slightest hint of conflict.

<Refer to subject line of this thread. So I just had to go see what kind of
but
I cannot find the post over there anywhere???? Hmmmm. ?? Happytranscriber,
are
you SURE you posted it to MT Daily?

: )

nos...@mindspring.com

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
tnmin...@aol.com (TNminihors) wrote:

>>Peggy and I will let you know when you get there, ok with you Peggy? <g>

>Shall I keep an eye on *y'all* as well? <VBG>

Not necessary ... we're *there* already ... <warm smile>

Peggy

Reply to digitalcmt (at) you-know-where (dot) com. It's a puzzle, I know, but all the clues are in this post.

Su

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
And this statement coming from somebody who uses the name "Tennessee
mini-whores."

TNminihors wrote in message
<199808221113...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...
>>Sight? Really, maybe you'd better run back to MTD to learn to spell.
Whoops,
>>no, that won't work. No one over there is allowed to tell you you don't

know
>>your asshole from you elbow.

TNminihors

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
>And this statement coming from somebody who uses the name "Tennessee
>mini-whores."

Take Reading 101, Su.

TNminihors

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
>Oh, before you get two excited about what you think are usage errors above,
>the
>no, right and two were deliberate.

Actually it would take a *hole* lot more than anything here *too* get me
excited. I don't give *me* asshole if I am correct or *knot* when I'm *knot*
working. I come *hear* just *too* view the stupidity, big difference in
stupidity and ignorance.

Rae, I hate to tell you this but I've seen many, many errors in your posts over
time. How am I to know whether they are *simple mistakes* or *ignorance*
seeing I don't know you?

Only thing I know is I don't see *stupidity* posted on "Mary's Board".

By the way, what do y'all call doctors who not only slaughter the English
language, but use the wrong words as well?? Are they *ignorant*? Tell one of
them that and let me know what happens.

I think y'all *mite* be a bunch of lonely *ladies* with nothing better to do
with your spare time than display your *studpidity*.

Ooops, sorry I called y'all ladies, so don't get excited.

By the way, Su, I'm going to tell our mutual friends in Memphis that you were
very, very naughty and called me a *whore*. I wish I had the bod and age for
it. I'd trade my computer for the oldest trade in the world in a heartbeat!

"The Tennessee mini-whore" and that's only wishful thinking!

kiz...@my-dejanews.com

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
In article <199808241147...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,
tnmin...@aol.com (TNminihors) wrote:

> I think y'all *mite* be a bunch of lonely *ladies* with nothing better to do
> with your spare time than display your *studpidity*.

So, what in the hell are you doing hanging around here? I think there is
only one display of *stupidity* and that's on your part.

> By the way, Su, I'm going to tell our mutual friends in Memphis that you were
> very, very naughty and called me a *whore*.

I bet she shakin' in her boots.

To coin Michael Jackson ~O~ Beat it! Beat it! O~

Kizzie

Bambi

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
'Tis not really my battle here, but do the words GROW UP mean anything?
You're going to tell on Su? Gee, bet that has her quaking in her boots.

TNminihors wrote in message
<199808241147...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>>Oh, before you get two excited about what you think are usage errors
above,
>>the
>>no, right and two were deliberate.
>>

>Actually it would take a *hole* lot more than anything here *too* get me
>excited. I don't give *me* asshole if I am correct or *knot* when I'm
*knot*
>working. I come *hear* just *too* view the stupidity, big difference in
>stupidity and ignorance.
>
>Rae, I hate to tell you this but I've seen many, many errors in your posts
over
>time. How am I to know whether they are *simple mistakes* or *ignorance*
>seeing I don't know you?
>
>Only thing I know is I don't see *stupidity* posted on "Mary's Board".
>
>By the way, what do y'all call doctors who not only slaughter the English
>language, but use the wrong words as well?? Are they *ignorant*? Tell
one of
>them that and let me know what happens.
>

>I think y'all *mite* be a bunch of lonely *ladies* with nothing better to
do
>with your spare time than display your *studpidity*.
>

>Ooops, sorry I called y'all ladies, so don't get excited.
>

>By the way, Su, I'm going to tell our mutual friends in Memphis that you
were

RaeMorrill

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98

By the way, what do y'all call doctors who not only slaughter the English
language, but use the wrong words as well?? Are they *ignorant*? Tell one of
them that and let me know what happens.>>

Gee, I'm so sorry my posts are not perfect. I think how one tells ignorance
from typos is continuity. Some people want "advise" on how to be an MT. They
repeat that over and over. Yes, I know I occasionally use a wrong homonym. I do
it when transcribing, too, because sometimes you are on auto pilot and the
phonetic thing kicks in. The key is catching it.

The doctors are medical specialists, not medical language specialists. That's
why they have us. Some of them, though, are ignorant, and just by the
absent-minded way they dictate I wouldn't go to them. If they can't pay enough
attention to speak in relatively straight sentences, I don't want them cutting
on me (this doesn't apply to all dictators who need help, but it sure does to
some)

Now, I'm tired of playing with the kiddies.

RaeMorrill

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
I have a long memory about horses. I'm hoping you are not who I'm thinking,
though I kinda doubt it cos if you were you'd use your real name.

TNminihors

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
>do the words GROW UP mean anything?

Couldn't have said it better myself. And, Rae, isn't it *a* MT rather than
*an* MT?

TNminihors

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
>> By the way, Su, I'm going to tell our mutual friends in Memphis that you
>were
>> very, very naughty and called me a *whore*.
>
>I bet she shakin' in her boots.

By the way, my screen name stands for *Tennessee Mini-Hors d'oeuvre* not
*Tennessee Mini-Whore*. Want to guess what that means to me? <g>

Patt

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
Actually, Melinda, I didn't look too hard either because I KNEW it wouldn't
be there.

: )

RaeMorrill

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98

Couldn't have said it better myself. And, Rae, isn't it *a* MT rather than
*an* MT?

As I am the first to admit grammar is not my forte, I decided to check. Per the
AAMT Book of Style, first page of the "A" section:

A, an:

Use a before a consonant, a sounded (aspirate) h, or a long u sound. Us an
before a vowel or an unsounded h. The pronunciation of an abbrev or a numeral
determines whether it is preceded by a or an. Examples used include:

a patient
a hemorrhoid
an hour
an MD (ergo an MT). However it would be a medical transcriptionist.

Hope that clears that up. Perhaps the "errors" you have "found" in my posts
weren't all actually errors?

De Maxwell

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
If you would take a look back into the archives you would find out just how
intelligent most of these MTs (women and men) actually are (in THIS
newsgroup)!!!!! My goal is to someday be as intelligent as they are!!! I
envy the way they make up new medical words and phrases to get their point
across and to joke around and have fun. The INTELLIGENT & PROFESSIONAL way
to teach us so-called newbies is to direct us in the correct direction so we
can learn to use reference books, the net and other sources to find our own
answers!!!!! That is exactly what the MTs in this group does! Thanks to
you all who do! :)

Everyone makes typos, but to repeat the same typo more than once in a
posting is preposterous!!!! Anything can cause typos, such as your mood,
temperament, kids in the same room, doing multi-tasks on the computer,
thinking about too many things at one time, trying to answer the questions
the family is throwing at you while you are typing, your fingers just
running away and doing what they want on the keyboard, getting use to a new
keyboard (heavy to soft touch), and hitting a couple of keys at one time and
you just don't realize that you did, etc., etc.! But, to repeat the same
typo over and over, obviously that is the way you think that word(s) should
be spelled.

Everyone from time to time lets their dialect come through in their
typing!!!! I personally cry from laughing so hard, during these posts! I
can barely read them and to understand them I have to read them several
times. <G> Let alone trying to imagine that person speaking to me out loud,
I would have the most idiotic look on my face for sure and on top of that
asking them to repeat over and over until I understood.

So, do not insult their intelligence by trying to come to their level, they
will beat you everytime!!! They are very professional when they have to be,
but in this newsgroup it is not called for ALL of the time! Unless you work
with them personally and know them personally, NO ONE has the right to say
if they are professional or not! There is a time to be professional and
there is a time to be what you want to be, and that is the choice of the
person themself and no one else!

I may not like or agree with all the discussions in here or the view points
of everyone, but I will never say that they are stupid, dumb, ignorant nor
unprofessional!! They have to be doing something right, because from my
understanding most of them have be doing medical transcription for 20+ years
and that speaks for itself!!!!!!!!

De

TNminihors wrote in message
<199808241147...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...
>>Oh, before you get two excited about what you think are usage errors
above,
>>the
>>no, right and two were deliberate.
>>

>Actually it would take a *hole* lot more than anything here *too* get me
>excited. I don't give *me* asshole if I am correct or *knot* when I'm
*knot*
>working. I come *hear* just *too* view the stupidity, big difference in
>stupidity and ignorance.
>
>Rae, I hate to tell you this but I've seen many, many errors in your posts
over
>time. How am I to know whether they are *simple mistakes* or *ignorance*
>seeing I don't know you?
>
>Only thing I know is I don't see *stupidity* posted on "Mary's Board".
>

>By the way, what do y'all call doctors who not only slaughter the English
>language, but use the wrong words as well?? Are they *ignorant*? Tell
one of
>them that and let me know what happens.
>

>I think y'all *mite* be a bunch of lonely *ladies* with nothing better to
do
>with your spare time than display your *studpidity*.
>
>Ooops, sorry I called y'all ladies, so don't get excited.
>

>By the way, Su, I'm going to tell our mutual friends in Memphis that you
were

TNminihors

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
>Hope that clears that up. Perhaps the "errors" you have "found" in my posts
>weren't all actually errors?

How interesting. The *errors* in your postings are not *really* errors. Only
others make *errors*. That just about does it *don't* it?

Bambi

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
Wow....what a lovely oration!

Cheryl Johnson

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
De Maxwell wrote:

> If you would take a look back into the archives you would find out just how
> intelligent most of these MTs (women and men) actually are (in THIS
> newsgroup)!!!!! My goal is to someday be as intelligent as they are!!! I
> envy the way they make up new medical words and phrases to get their point
> across and to joke around and have fun. The INTELLIGENT & PROFESSIONAL way
> to teach us so-called newbies is to direct us in the correct direction so we
> can learn to use reference books, the net and other sources to find our own
> answers!!!!! That is exactly what the MTs in this group does! Thanks to
> you all who do! :)

Speaking of the archives, can someone tell me how to get into them.
There are several posts I had saved but somehow I lost them.

Thanks,

Cheryl

RaeMorrill

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98

Me thinks you missed the point. I said weren't all errors. Not saying I don't
make any. However, my response was to your stating it should be A MT not AN MT,
upon which I cited the AAMT BOS to support what I understood you to say was an
error was, indeed, correct.

Reminds me of some work I did for a podiatry office. I got a note saying good
job but there were "corrections" all over it. Only trouble was the OM who made
the "corrections" was not a medical transcriptionist. What she considered
errors were actually correctly expressed per numerous of my references.

My post never stated I don't make errors. I know I do often in posts, probably
a combination of missing words due to haste, no text expander, it often being
after midnight, and my brain going faster than my fingers. My point was what
you may have considered errors obviously always have not been.

Blupencl

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
In article <199808241511...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,
tnmin...@aol.com (TNminihors) writes:

>Couldn't have said it better myself. And, Rae, isn't it *a* MT rather than
>*an* MT?

Your honor, the People move for a dismissal. Yessir, I have citation. It's
that thang about doing a battle of the wits with an unarmed person.

Melinda S. Meahan

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
to Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson wrote:

> Speaking of the archives, can someone tell me how to get into them.
> There are several posts I had saved but somehow I lost them.

The only archives of newsgroup things are at Deja News.

http://www.dejanews.com
--
CHANGE THE RETURN ADDRESS IF YOU REPLY TO THIS BY EMAIL!!!!
This address has been spamproofed and mail sent to this
address will bounce. Please remove the dot at the second
character of the address to reply.

Melinda S. Meahan

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
TNminihors wrote:

> Exactly my point. I don't think you are *ignorant* because you
> make mistakes. I've never before called you or anyone else on an
> error that was obvious to me. Shouldn't others receive the same
> consideration?

This sounds an awful lot to me like those people who don't know the
difference between q.d. and q.i.d. and who yell at us when we tell them
that if they have to ask, they don't have the knowledge to do this work
by saying, "you were new once too...."

I am ALL for treating people politely, but there is a certain knowledge
bank that you need to do this work. Some mistakes are obvious typos,
and others reflect lack of education on the part of the writer. Those
are two different classifications of mistakes.

Nancy M. Greene

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
Many thanks. I would like to think that I am intelligent ... at least my
professors thought I was. <G>

Nancy

Cheryl Johnson wrote:

> De Maxwell wrote:
> >
> > If you would take a look back into the archives you would find out just how
> > intelligent most of these MTs (women and men) actually are (in THIS
> > newsgroup)!!!!! My goal is to someday be as intelligent as they are!!! I
> > envy the way they make up new medical words and phrases to get their point
> > across and to joke around and have fun. The INTELLIGENT & PROFESSIONAL way
> > to teach us so-called newbies is to direct us in the correct direction so we
> > can learn to use reference books, the net and other sources to find our own
> > answers!!!!! That is exactly what the MTs in this group does! Thanks to
> > you all who do! :)
> >

> Speaking of the archives, can someone tell me how to get into them.
> There are several posts I had saved but somehow I lost them.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Cheryl

TNminihors

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98
>My post never stated I don't make errors. I know I do often in posts,
>probably
>a combination of missing words due to haste, no text expander, it often being
>after midnight, and my brain going faster than my fingers. My point was what
>you may have considered errors obviously always have not been.
>

>Rae Morrill in Maine
>"Ya can't get theyuh from heeah"

Exactly my point. I don't think you are *ignorant* because you make mistakes.

Blupencl

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98

nos...@mindspring.com

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98
tnmin...@aol.com (TNminihors) wrote:

>By the way, my screen name stands for *Tennessee Mini-Hors d'oeuvre* not
>*Tennessee Mini-Whore*. Want to guess what that means to me? <g>

Darn. I thought it was for "minihorse." Thought you raised them or
something.

Julianne Weight

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98
On 24 Aug 1998 15:34:24 GMT, tnmin...@aol.com (TNminihors) wrote:

>>> By the way, Su, I'm going to tell our mutual friends in Memphis that you
>>were
>>> very, very naughty and called me a *whore*.
>>

>>I bet she shakin' in her boots.
>>

>By the way, my screen name stands for *Tennessee Mini-Hors d'oeuvre* not
>*Tennessee Mini-Whore*. Want to guess what that means to me? <g>

Well, shoot, I'm disappointed. I thought it was mini-horse, as well!

So tell us... can we eat TN mini hors d'oeuvres while we're dieting?
Do you make any low-fat/low-calorie ones? <VBG>

Julianne Weight
Reply to yazoo2u at YAHOO!

kiz...@my-dejanews.com

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98
Wow! You took the words right off my fingers. :)

In article <ngkE1.1$VF2....@news.siscom.net>,

"De Maxwell" <db4...@dragonbbs.com> wrote:
> If you would take a look back into the archives you would find out just how
> intelligent most of these MTs (women and men) actually are (in THIS
> newsgroup)!!!!! My goal is to someday be as intelligent as they are!!! I
> envy the way they make up new medical words and phrases to get their point
> across and to joke around and have fun. The INTELLIGENT & PROFESSIONAL way
> to teach us so-called newbies is to direct us in the correct direction so we
> can learn to use reference books, the net and other sources to find our own
> answers!!!!! That is exactly what the MTs in this group does! Thanks to
> you all who do! :)
>

> >By the way, Su, I'm going to tell our mutual friends in Memphis that you
> were

> >very, very naughty and called me a *whore*. I wish I had the bod and age
> for
> >it. I'd trade my computer for the oldest trade in the world in a
> heartbeat!
> >
> >"The Tennessee mini-whore" and that's only wishful thinking!

TNminihors

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98
>This sounds an awful lot to me like those people who don't know the
>difference between q.d. and q.i.d. and who yell at us when we tell them
>that if they have to ask, they don't have the knowledge to do this work
>by saying, "you were new once too...."

I most certainly agree that anyone who has to ask the meaning of
b.i.d./t.i.d./q.i.d. and doesn't know Dorland from Frankenstein is not
qualified for MT. I just don't feel it is up to me to point this out to them.
They'll find out soon enough if they're unfortunate enough to be hired.
They'll also fall by the wayside about the first week when they find out the
job only pays about 35 cents per hour.

As for the "you were new once too...." BINGO! I try to always remember that.
I've been asked what q.i.d. (example) means and my answer is always the
same....look it up in Dorland's and learn the meaning so next time you hear it
you won't have to ask.. If they don't have Dorland's (or Stedman's), then BUY
one. A carpenter wouldn't try to build a house without a hammer now would he?
I might also caution them not to EVER write "quater in die" instead of q.i.d.
I would NEVER point out someone's "ignorance" . I think doing that displays
an inordinate lack of finesse.

As for mistakes made on this, or any other message board.....I notice
them......I ignore them. I'll play word games with anyone but it isn't my
favorite passtime. I read, and occasionally post, to this and other message
boards. I do so to relax. I could not care less whether I make typos or gross
errors in spelling, punctuation, word usage, etc. When doing something that
is important to me, I DO care.

Rae looked up "a" MT or "an" MT and posted that according to AAMT, "an MT" was
correct. I'll take her word for it, I don't care enough to look it up in AAMT.
I learned during my *education* that it was "a" MT. If my employer indicates
I am to write "an" MT, well, he signs the check so he can have it his way.
Until then, it's "a" MT for me.

I am lacking neither in education nor in MT knowledge but then, WHO CARES?

TNminihors

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98
>So tell us... can we eat TN mini hors d'oeuvres while we're dieting?
>Do you make any low-fat/low-calorie ones? <VBG>

Sure enough! Actually they're very, very tasty and totally free of fat and
calories. You see, they are made out of mini-horses ovaries. <VBG>

Mind if I QUIETLY join you in the diet??

TNminihors

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98
Curiosity.........why didn't someone pick this one apart?

Observation.......20+ years means NOTHING. Nor.......does my 30 years mean
anything! The question is, can you do the job and if so, for how long? I say
we'll all be obsolete in a couple more years. Hey, before anyone jumps on
that, I don't care. I've already launched an alternative to my shrinking MT
paycheck. It doesn't take much intelligence to see it coming. Look at what
HMOs have done to the quality of MEDICAL CARE. The name of the game is the
bottom line on the profit/loss. Does anyone remember when there USED to be
court reporter transcriptionists?

L. Hug

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98
Ms. Butinsky here....actually I think it's "an" MT, not "a" MT. Say
both out loud and it's apparent.

Liz

nos...@mindspring.com

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98
tnmin...@aol.com (TNminihors) wrote:

>Rae looked up "a" MT or "an" MT and posted that according to AAMT, "an MT" was
>correct. I'll take her word for it, I don't care enough to look it up in AAMT.
> I learned during my *education* that it was "a" MT. If my employer indicates
>I am to write "an" MT, well, he signs the check so he can have it his way.
>Until then, it's "a" MT for me.

>I am lacking neither in education nor in MT knowledge but then, WHO CARES?

Uh, well, if you don't know that "an" goes before vowels and words
which begin with a vowel sound ("em tee"), then I'd have to say that
your education is lacking a little something.

This isn't something the AAMT cooked up. It's plain old English
grammar. It's extremely *basic* stuff, too.

By the way, that "in" needs to go before the "neither."

Bambi

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98
Face it, TN, you're (pardon the pun) beating a dead horse here. I vote we
call this a DEAD ISSUE and move on. Some of us are picky and have an innate
need to point out that public presentation is important; some of us are less
picky (though I can't imagine why.... oh wait, that's perpetuating the
debate, isn't it?). Perfection is a virtue only a few can claim and a state
to which the rest can continue to aspire.

nos...@mindspring.com wrote in message
<6rv24r$mdn$1...@samsara0.mindspring.com>...

RaeMorrill

Aug 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/25/98
I'll take her word for it, I don't care enough to look it up in AAMT.
> I learned during my *education* that it was "a" MT. If my employer
indicates
>I am to write "an" MT, well, he signs the check so he can have it his way.
>Until then, it's "a" MT for me.

It is sad indeed when teachers teach it wrong. As Peggy says, this is not the
AAMT rule, it is the English grammar rule. That is the reference I had, so that
is what I quoted.

I believe that within reason you do what your client or boss wants. However, I
certainly would put up a fight about doing it wrong and would make an attempt
to prove I had it right, whether it was the above or wrong use of a word. I
really would rather not work for people who have to be right no matter what is
commonly accepted fact. As I'm not starving (by far), I can make that choice.

Rae Morrill in Maine
"Ya can't get theyuh from heeah"

STscribe

Aug 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/29/98
I know this post is old to most of you but it is not old to me, so I am
going to respond ...:)

There are very few of us who can boast of all skills necessary for language.
When someone does call attention to some one thing in a post, I don't look
at it so much as .... .nitpicking, or lack of finesse.. I learn for it. In
our profession, I believe those who have the skills and choose to share them
are very special...besides sometimes someone can explain something and it
clicks.. the light goes on..when it never did before.

Iris

nos...@mindspring.com wrote in message
<6rv24r$mdn$1...@samsara0.mindspring.com>...
>tnmin...@aol.com (TNminihors) wrote:
>
>>Rae looked up "a" MT or "an" MT and posted that according to AAMT, "an MT"
was

>>correct. I'll take her word for it, I don't care enough to look it up in

AAMT.
>> I learned during my *education* that it was "a" MT. If my employer
indicates
>>I am to write "an" MT, well, he signs the check so he can have it his way.
>>Until then, it's "a" MT for me.

Heather Adams

Aug 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/29/98
i am wanting to start mt at home. but what do i charge? i live 1 hour
north of dallas texas. please reply

Cici in Texas

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
On Sun, 23 Aug 1998 19:04:45 -0500 (CDT),
spee...@webtv.net wrote:

>Su wrote:
>
><Y'all isn't a word either, ladies, but people in this rat hole say it
>all the time.>
>
>Actually, Su, the word y'all is in recent-edition dictionaries. Take a
>look for yourself. It should never be transcribed, but it is a word.

Sure, it's a word. It's not elegant English, but it's
certainly a word. Technically, it's a contraction of the
words 'you all,' which is why it makes me crazy when people
type "ya'll," putting the apostrophe where it doesn't belong
(I'll spare you the apostrophe rant, you've probably heard
it before, and you probably feel the same way.)

It also should NEVER, EVER be used to refer to a single
entity, except perhaps when speaking to a person suffering
from Multiple Personality Disorder. It should be
screamingly obvious that the phrase "you ALL" should only
ever be used in the plural -- using 'y'all' to refer to an
individual is a gold-plated, double-barreled guaranteed way
to get yourself labeled as a Damnyankee, which is a THOUSAND
times worse than just being a simple Yankee. (And I should
know!)

There, is that nitpicky enough for y'all? <VEG>

Cici in Texas
(Remove xspam from address to reply)

Su

Sep 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/10/98
Y'all in my city is used to refer to one person or the entire wedding
congregation. A guy from Texas told me years ago, that when addressing a
single person, the greeter is basically wishing well or asking about "you
all" (yourself, your friends and your family). Just saves time.

And if my kid says it one more time, I'm going to slap her. I hate it!!!

Konnie

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
>Y'all in my city is used to refer to one person or the entire wedding
>congregation. A guy from Texas told me years ago, that when addressing a
>single person, the greeter is basically wishing well or asking about "you
>all" (yourself, your friends and your family). Just saves time.

Same thing back home in North Carolina, but I always wondered why. Now I get
it. Thanks!

Cici in Texas

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
On Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:37:58 GMT, Su wrote:

>Y'all in my city is used to refer to one person or the entire wedding
>congregation. A guy from Texas told me years ago, that when addressing a
>single person, the greeter is basically wishing well or asking about "you
>all" (yourself, your friends and your family). Just saves time.

Well, in questions like "How y'all been doing?", that's
right -- it's kinda like the old countrified question,
"How's yer mom'n'em?"

>And if my kid says it one more time, I'm going to slap her. I hate it!!!

My Texas-born mother would understand how you feel -- I
actually grew up in Ohio, and I'm just as likely to use "you
guys," even when referring to a group that's entirely
female. It drives her NUTS! (I'm *pretty* sure that's not
_why_ I say it, though.)