Wheat germ and cancer

Marina

Jan 28, 2002, 8:17:54 AM1/28/02
Apparently there's a new natural remedy (made from fermented wheat
germ) for colorectal cancer called AVEMAR. I've heard it helped people
recovering from surgery. There've been a few clinical studies with
pretty encouraging results, which I found at at
http://www.naturalelixir.com/avemar.html along with a bunch of other
scientific data. Does anyone know anything about this stuff?

watchman

Jan 30, 2002, 4:21:21 AM1/30/02

Hypothetically since wheat germ has a very high amount of phytic acid in
it .. it may be the phytic acid which is the mode of operation?

Though fermentation is supposed to have some effect on phytic acid .. so I
am not quite sure?

But if the phytic acid is still available it would be considered 'leading
edge treatment' because the NIH is funding and developing chelators not
half as effective as phytic acid .. found in the health food store.

Who loves ya.
Tom
--
Jesus was a Vegetarian! http://www.nucleus.com/watchman