NYT: Pedophilia your gig? Get a free ride from the State of Corrupticut

1 view

Mort Zuckerman

Oct 10, 2009, 8:31:21 AM10/10/09
To: Durlan...@yale.edu, Aa...@columbia.edu, gary_w...@nymc.edu,
Cc: fra...@ucia.gov, dr-ahma...@president.ir,
harol...@yale.edu, james.p...@yale.edu, inq...@aldf.com,
ly...@idsociety.org, meganm...@theatlantic.com,
bob.d...@latimes.com'

Subject: NYT: Pedophilia your gig? Get a free ride from the State of
Corrupticut

Date: Oct 10, 2009 8:29 AM

ARTICLE BELOW
============

Well, no the best protection for a pedophile
is not the clergy, but the "Child Protective
Services":
http://www.actionlyme.org/andersonpenisbiter.htm
If you like penisbiting, become a DCF "worker"
or "foster carer;" child abuse is not only
free there, it's well-rewarded financially
and totally protected from investigation due
to the secrecy laws. That's what the secrecy
laws are for, in fact: DCF was built up around
protecting *themselves.*

Give it even a half-think.

And it's not just penisbiting that's free,
you or your boyfriend can also literally try out
the Abu-Ghraib stuff:
http://www.actionlyme.org/andersonpenisbiter.htm
the Military Type "Stress Positions."

Four year olds are not going to make stuff
like that up. (All they did was *demonstrate*
what they were forced to do.)

Kathleen M. Dickson
http://www.actionlyme.org
===================================
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/10/opinion/10blow.html?_r=1&ref=global-home&pagewanted=print

October 10, 2009
Op-Ed Columnist
No More Suffering in Silence
By CHARLES M. BLOW

Last Saturday, actor, playwright and impresario Tyler Perry posted a
heart-rending message on his Web site recounting the abuses of his
childhood. It was hard to read it without welling up.

His father had constantly belittled and savagely beaten him. Perry
wrote that one beating was so merciless that “the skin was coming off
my back.” When he was about 10 years old, while trying to leave a
friend’s house, Perry wrote that the friend’s mother made lewd and
disgusting suggestions and pulled him on top of her.

At another point, Perry wrote about a man from church who had molested
him.

Coming on the heels of the arrest of Roman Polanski for his 1977 crime
of plying a 13-year-old girl with Champagne and Quaaludes before
raping and sodomizing her, and the revelation from Mackenzie Phillips
that she had had a 10-year “consensual incestuous” relationship with
her own father that she believes began when she was a teenager, it
raises the question: How pervasive is child sexual abuse and how often
do these crimes go unreported?

The statistics are sobering.

According to a 2000 report by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly
70 percent of all sexual assaults are committed against children.
While the age with the greatest proportion of assaults reported was
14, more than half of all child victims were under 12. And of those
under 12, 4-year-olds were at the greatest risk.

According to a Unicef report released this week, “5 to 10 percent of
girls and up to 5 percent of boys suffer penetrative sexual abuse.” Up
to three times of those numbers experience some type of sexual abuse.

The good news: Reports of sexual abuse in the United States seem to be
sliding. The not-so-good news: Reports and prevalence are not the
same, and it’s not conclusive that they move in concert. The bad news:
If up to 3 in 10 girls and 3 in 20 boys are still being assaulted,
these are epidemic proportions. And, if most cases are never reported,
it’s a silent epidemic.

Like Perry, most child victims — scared, confused and ashamed — tell
no one. Instead, they shunt the unsavory secret into a dark corner of
the mind, where they try, alone, for years to make sense of it.

We must do a better job of helping these children realize that they
are not alone, not at fault and not powerless, that there is hope and
help and healing.

We need a public education campaign that speaks directly to children —
on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, at the beginning of G-rated
movies, on classroom bulletin boards, everywhere. Nothing graphic,
just something simple: “If it feels wrong, it’s wrong. Say something.
It’s your body.”

I invite you to visit my blog, By the Numbers. Please also join me on
Facebook and follow me on Twitter, or e-mail me at
chb...@nytimes.com.

"[Real] scientists are *fiercely* independent. That's the good
news."-- NIH's Top Fool, Anthony Fauci