What If We Harnessed Our Energy For Good Work?

1 view

Marleenoet

Jul 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/3/97

An Edited version of what Michelle wrote:
>>Hi, folks - I'm just going to step in here momentarily as an outside
>>party, to back up Susan on this issue, for your whole group's sake.

>>Who I Am: I belong to CFS-L and the Fibro group ('cause I have them
>>both). I've lurked here in the past, because I've gotten kind e-mail
>>from folks here, who presumably also read the other groups, who said I
>>sound like a lyme person. My jury's still out on that, but that's
>>another story! I'm a 36 yr. old female, college grad, disabled w/
>>CFS/Fibro for 5 yrs, currently experiencing a (happy!) remission.

>>I am participating in work right now to bring legal action against the
>>person Sue refers to, in the form of contacting the servers she has
>>used, and tracking down her screen names. Very clear evidence of her
>>destructiveness can be easily seen by doing a DejaNews search for
>>"alt.med.cfs"

>>In fact, I am here today reading your group, to compile more evidence.
>>I have no fear of this person, because I am very Internet computer
>>savvy, and because I have had virtually no personal interaction with
>>this person.

>>There you have it, folks. As an outside person, i have nothing to gain
or lose from providing this info. I only know that 1) this person makes
me mad, because this is all at the expense of ill people, 2) legal
action can be taken in Internt situations like this, difficult though it
may be, and 3) no, I'm not going to name any names, for much the same
reasons as an attorney does not disclose info. before a trial. These
forums are not the "courtroom" so to speak. Working with the ISPs
involved will be the legal matter.

>> I felt that this behavior, from someone everyone barely knew, was
outragious and manipulative.

>>Sue's warning is with the best of intentions for this group.

What if "just some" of the energy that was used for posting about "The
Predator" more then 25! (of which I have been very guilty of also, I
admit) had been used INSTEAD to create MORE Public Education about Lyme?

Now I think my time and energy (in hindsight of course!) would have been
better used to write letters to Oprah, my congressman, my mayor,
newspapers, radio stations, my neigbors as Marta did, to warn them about
Lyme, etc. There are 3 people in my neighborhood of 90 homes who have Lyme

I am so ashamed of myself for having spent so much of my limited time and
energy being concerned with people who are self-appointed AOL cops. May I
see a badge please?

I just wanted to harness my energy to HELP people, not harm them. But as
Dennis Miller always says "I could be wrong!'

Marleen (MO)
Southern NJ

Ann

Jul 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/7/97

marle...@aol.com (Marleenoet) wrote:

>An Edited version of what Michelle wrote:
>>>Hi, folks - I'm just going to step in here momentarily as an outside
>>>party, to back up Susan on this issue, for your whole group's sake.

>>>I am participating in work right now to bring legal action against the
>>>person Sue refers to, in the form of contacting the servers she has
>>>used, and tracking down her screen names. Very clear evidence of her
>>>destructiveness can be easily seen by doing a DejaNews search for
>>>"alt.med.cfs"

>>>In fact, I am here today reading your group, to compile more evidence.
>>>I have no fear of this person, because I am very Internet computer
>>>savvy, and because I have had virtually no personal interaction with
>>>this person.

>>>There you have it, folks. As an outside person, i have nothing to gain
>or lose from providing this info. I only know that 1) this person makes
>me mad, because this is all at the expense of ill people, 2) legal
>action can be taken in Internt situations like this, difficult though it
>may be, and 3) no, I'm not going to name any names, for much the same
>reasons as an attorney does not disclose info. before a trial. These
>forums are not the "courtroom" so to speak. Working with the ISPs
>involved will be the legal matter.

>Marleen (MO)
>Southern NJ

Maybe we shouldn't be too hard on the psychic spams that have popped
up lately. I could sure use one now to figure out what these people
are talking about. Puzzles and cryptic posts don't do well to a
lyme-fogged brain. Someone please clue me in.

AnnM

CarlaHS

Jul 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/8/97

In article <5pr8ff$r...@camel1.mindspring.com>,
ana...@mindspring.com.stopthespam (Ann) writes:

>Maybe we shouldn't be too hard on the psychic spams that have popped
>up lately. I could sure use one now to figure out what these people
>are talking about. Puzzles and cryptic posts don't do well to a
>lyme-fogged brain. Someone please clue me in.

Oh my gosh, Ann! I read that "psychic spasms"! And thought you were
referring to list behaviour or something...Time for me to call it a day.

"Onward through the fog"
Carla

DenimN

Jul 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/9/97

"Onward through the fog"
Carla

That is such a good one! I must remember that to repeat over and over to
myself while trying to get something accomplished. Will have to look it
up again tomorrow - will forget it in a few minutes probably. Still
laughing...

Denim

CarlaHS

Jul 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/10/97

In article <19970709015...@ladder02.news.aol.com>, den...@aol.com
(DenimN) writes:

Denim,

Gosh, I'd love to be able to take credit for this one, but, it originated
in Austin, Texas. Or atleast I always thought so. I don't remember the
history of the theme, but was always on bumper stickers and t-shirts, etc
made there.

I used to think it was amusing; little did I suspect it would become my
personal slogan. Life is so full of surprises.

Anyone out there in Austin? There's a whole new market for those old
momentos (sp?). See what I mean?

CarlaHS

Woodi16

Jul 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/10/97

In article <19970710001...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
car...@aol.com (CarlaHS) writes:

>>"Onward through the fog"
>>Carla
>>>>>>

>>That is such a good one! I must remember that to repeat over and over
>>myself while trying to get something accomplished. Will have to look it
>>up again tomorrow - will forget it in a few minutes probably. Still
>>laughing...
>>
>>Denim
>
>Denim,
>
>Gosh, I'd love to be able to take credit for this one, but, it originated

>in Austin, Texas. Or at least I always thought so. I don't remember the

>history of the theme, but was always on bumper stickers and t-shirts, etc
>made there.
>
>I used to think it was amusing; little did I suspect it would become my
>personal slogan. Life is so full of surprises.
>
>Anyone out there in Austin? There's a whole new market for those old
>momentos (sp?). See what I mean?
>
>CarlaHS

Okay, I may be dating myself here, but I did in fact got to Oat Willies in
Austin and buy one of those "Onward Through the Fog" bumperstickers. Yes
Carla, the slogan originated there and if I still had my old guitar case,
I would be able to check to see if they had patented it. From what I
remember, Oat Willies has been closed for quite a long time.
Marci

CarlaHS

Jul 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/11/97

In article <19970710025...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
woo...@aol.com (Woodi16) writes:

>Okay, I may be dating myself here, but I did in fact got to Oat Willies
in
>Austin and buy one of those "Onward Through the Fog" bumperstickers. Yes
>Carla, the slogan originated there and if I still had my old guitar case,
>I would be able to check to see if they had patented it. From what I
>remember, Oat Willies has been closed for quite a long time.
>Marci

Oat Willies! That synapse in my brain closed down, too! Thanks for hooking
it back up; now I can retrieve those pleasant memories.

In the Foggy, Foggy Dew <---------CarlaHS