Israel broke the truce; the slaughter was intentional... Obama says nothing

Mort Zuckerman

Dec 30, 2008, 9:40:33 AM12/30/08
To: emcsw...@niaid.nih.gov, afa...@niaid.nih.gov,
Cc: fra...@ucia.gov, dr-ahma...@president.ir,
criminal...@usdoj.gov, karla.d...@usdoj.gov,
christophe...@usdoj.gov, richar...@yale.edu,
harol...@yale.edu, james.p...@yale.edu, inq...@aldf.com,
ly...@idsociety.org

Subject: Israel broke the truce; the slaughter was intentional...
Obama says nothing

Date: Dec 30, 2008 9:38 AM

Uh, oh.

When everyone finds out, welp, this could be *the*
AmerIsraeli's PNAC-esque (unintentional) CATALYTIC EVENT:

http://warincontext.org/2008/12/29/editorial-silence-has-become-complicity/

Silence has become complicity
By Paul Woodward, War in Context, December 29, 2008

Is the incoming president, world-renowned for his eloquence, about to
become better
known for his silence?

Barack Obama may not have assumed office yet but a war is already
being conducted
in his name.

Israel’s defense minister, Ehud Barak, now says that Israel is engaged
in a “war
to the bitter end” against Hamas in Gaza. And in justifying this war
to Israel’s
state assembly, the Knesset, Barak said: “Obama said that if rockets
were being
fired at his home while his two daughters were sleeping, he would do
everything
he could to prevent it.”

Barak’s war has become Barack’s war — unless he breaks his silence.

Obama chooses his words carefully. He did so when speaking to the
press in Sderot
in southern Israel, during the presidential election campaign this
summer. While
he was clearly and shamelessly pandering to American Jewish voters,
his statement
expressed sympathy for the Israelis being targeted by Qassam rocket
fire, but it
also underlined that an effective response would focus on preventing
further attacks
— not merely the retaliatory and bellicose response with which
Israelis are so familiar,
that is, a military operation whose purpose is “to teach the
Palestinians a lesson.”

If Obama continues to remain silent he will implicitly be sending a
message to Israelis,
Palestinians, and everyone else across the Arab world. His silence
will be seen
and will have the operational effect of providing an endorsement for
Israel’s war
on Gaza. His silence will set the tone for his whole approach to the
Middle East.
If his plan to give a major speech in a Muslim capital has not already
been put
on hold, it might as well now be scrapped.

But there is an alternative. This is what Obama can and should say:

I support the Israeli government in its goal of providing security for
its citizens.
However, I believe that the current operation in Gaza is unlikely to
serve that
goal and in the long run may further undermine Israel’s security.

What can Israel do now? Pull back its troops, offer to renew the truce
and lift
the siege.

The truce actually worked, as this graph from the Israeli Foreign
Ministry clearly
shows.

Rocket fire did not resume until Israel broke the truce on November 5.

What we now know, is that Israel did not view the truce as a means to
bring calm
to southern Israel but instead used it as an aid for gathering
intelligence in preparation
for war.

Had the Olmert government regarded the cessation of rocket fire as a
foundation
upon which it could build, it would have taken clear steps to lift the
siege. (But
to have pursued such a course would not however have provided the
Palestinian body
count upon which Israel’s next prime minister hopes to ride into
office.)

Instead, what we now witness is a brutal spectacle in which, using the
Orwellian
language of war, Israel claims that it’s target is Hamas, not the
residents of Gaza.

Obama is still in a position to exert influence, but the longer he
waits, the less
power he will have; the more likely he will be seen as the perpetuator
of George
Bush’s failed approach to the Middle East.

ShareThis

Stubby Elvis

Dec 30, 2008, 2:06:12 PM12/30/08
hamas was lobbing missiles at civililians. they target homes, schools
and hospitals as they always do. leave it to a filthy cunt like you
to side w/ the terrorists. no wonder your kids were takin' away from
you and your family left you. it's a matter of time 'til you're put
back in the loony bin. couldn't happen to a nicer person.

die alone

you deserve it

the 3rd Man

Dec 30, 2008, 2:15:14 PM12/30/08

STUBBY!

Happy Holidays!

Don't let her foulness get to you. She's really just like the Cat Lady
on the Simpsons...the one that throws hissing cats at everybody...

It isn't worth it.

Gotta go...Blagojevich is supposed to have a press conference to
announce his choice to fill Obama's seat.

Got any loose change? Store coupons?

Maybe if I can come up with some more...

Stubby Elvis

Dec 30, 2008, 2:53:46 PM12/30/08
heya buddy!

Merry Christmas!

i think 'bout u every time i see da bears or a chitown politician in
cuffs! lol

miss ya and hope all is well.

sorry about that post i made. i felt dirty as soon as i hit enter.
it's sometimes difficult to remember she's half a tard w/ the evil she
sides with. i have a friend in Israel. his neighborhood school was
fired upon from hamas.

anyway, enjoy your holidays.
hope we can meet sometime (outside our work as illuminati/cia/jew
secret agents).
you play poker by chance?
ever get to vegas?

word to your motha.
peace,
Stubby_

Message has been deleted

David E. Powell

Dec 30, 2008, 8:00:12 PM12/30/08
Yep. When Hamas had a Cease Fire and instead chose to shoot rockets
into Israel day after day for years, repaying offers for peace,
Israeli willingness to turn the other cheek, and the food, medical aid
and electricity Israel gives them with 120mm and 105mm rockets filled
with high explosives and shrapnel, it was intentional alright.

Intentional and deliberate and done for years, days on end. Rockets
hitting streets, homes, schools all over southern Israel.

So now in contrast to an enemy which aims deliberately at civilians
Israel replies with a measured response to knock out Hamas firing
positions and what do you know, the Hamas fighters declaring "Jihad to
the end" are... complaining.

If the Palestinians want peace, let them get rid of Hamas, who take
their UN aid money and stuff it in their own pockets and offshore
estates and bank accounts while stoking war with people who offered
peace for years.

I feel bad for them, but their problems are not because of Israel
alone, and if they hadn't shot at Israel for years Israel would not be
shooting back now.

it is the height of arrogance for them to shoot at Israel every day
for years and then complain when they shoot back. To say "oh we can
kill you all day but if you protect yourself you're a meanie" the
Palestinians need, unfortunately, to consider the real world. Hamas
wants to keep them down more than Israel does because down and angry
keeps them controllable by Hamas and the money going in their bank
accounts (Though they have a ways to go before they can siphon off as
much as Arafat did for himself.)

The kool-aid drinking apologists for Hamas in the West and elsewhere
need to wake up too.

As for Obama, Bush is doing the right thing and since Obama hasn't
even been inaugurated yet, he feels he doesn't have to I guess, though
something in favor of Israel would be nice and will probably be
forthcoming.

Frogwatch

Dec 30, 2008, 8:16:56 PM12/30/08
On Dec 30, 8:00 pm, "David E. Powell" <David_Powell3...@msn.com>
wrote:

I am beginning to think that "palestinian" is arabic for "Darwinism at
work".

LNeedham

Dec 30, 2008, 8:57:40 PM12/30/08

"David E. Powell" <David_Po...@msn.com> wrote in message

> As for Obama, Bush is doing the right thing and since Obama hasn't
> even been inaugurated yet, he feels he doesn't have to I guess, though
> something in favor of Israel would be nice and will probably be
> forthcoming.

Who's president right now, dickhead? I'm so glad America finally woke up and
tossed you worthless assholes out. You are one stupid fuck, boy.

LNeedham

Dec 30, 2008, 9:02:02 PM12/30/08

"Frogwalk" <d.bo...@minddrain.com> wrote in message

> I am beginning to think

Uh oh, everybody better stand back--Numbnuts is beginning to think!

>that "palestinian" is arabic for "Darwinism at
> work".

No, douchebag, Election 08 was "Darwinism at work".

Message has been deleted

Mort Zuckerman

Dec 31, 2008, 3:55:00 AM12/31/08