Spitzer, Star Fleet Academy, and "The Bell Curve"

1 view

Usenet Supreme Loser ChuckWorth

Feb 5, 2007, 6:24:15 AM2/5/07
To:
paulcrai...@yahoo.com, sidney_b...@yahoo.com,
criminal...@usdoj.gov, karla.d...@usdoj.gov,
christophe...@usdoj.gov, fra...@ucia.gov,
govern...@po.state.ct.us, fit...@gmail.com,
patrick.f...@usdoj.gov, model...@sbcglobal.net

Spitzer and the Prisons Enterprises

Date:
Monday, February 05, 2007 6:10:03 AM

Local Community Independence- that's the goal.
(SPITZER NYTIMES STORY BELOW)

Each community needs to be as independent as it can. Upstate, in the
northern states, where it is too cold for normal humans and there's
snow
on the ground sometimes all winter, it's even more urgent to establish
new energy production and distribution ASAP. If you solve that
problem
first, all the other problems will be easier to solve.

There is a dearth of intellectual ability in all Western governments
(I mean
the *staff* of the governments- the "elected leaders") but that lack
of
education
and practical knowledge can be solved through the internet.

Rowland did the "national string of prisons and juvenile detention
centers"
racketeering thing, which was the epitome of using human bodies for
income-
which the Chinese pay for. However, they used a fuel cell in TREA
PediMax I:
http://www.actionlyme.org/CIRCLE_J_RANCH_REPUBLICANISM_101.htm

Rowland and his gang (including Rell) are off the charts STUPID, yet
they blame black people for having Bell Curve brains. Now I don't
think
too many us us truly educated people believe black people are
hopelessly
retarded or that the "g factor" is a real thing, especially since many
poor
black kids grow up in an environment where they're not even hearing
proper
English spoken (so how can they use phonics to learn to read?)
Anyone who has studied German knows that the reason Germany produces
so many scientists and engineers is because the grammar is so
demanding
in logic production. The language itself trains the children's minds
to be
logical thinkers. Compare to Spanish- anything goes in sentence
construct.

Thus, I do not believe black people are inherently retarded. I think
part
of the learning disability (learning disability as per Whities'
standards) is
in what they're hearing that passes for language.

When we read a chemical term, that term means a specific three
dimensional
picture. Take a look at the simpler stuff:
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/search/TablePage/15077099
Every compound is written in a format such that you can draw it.
Chemistry
is a language.

Therefore, no one has proven that black people are hopelessly retarded
and
belong in cages. It hasn't been proven that blacks or other people
that the
NAZIs
of the Republican party have decided should be sterilized by
separation,
should indeed be considered hopeless:
http://www.actionlyme.org/HOTEL_HALLIBURTON.htm
There's no data. No proof. Drop the AEI argument.

Educators are retarded (they don't know how to think), governments are
retarded,
we're not going to solve the crises of the almost unstoppable US
economic doom,
unless the morons in receipt of paychecks that say "dot guv" on them
start
learning how
to think. The reason they are "retarded" is that having recieved a
university
deploma
I should not have to be saying these things day in and day out and
year in and
year out.
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.diseases.lyme/browse_thread/thread/6940a8d9e0024621/8591b95e0ece47f7?q=Bush%2FGore+ENERGY+&rnum=1#8591b95e0ece47f7
October 2000, I posted that and got my ass chewed for me like usual.

We can do Star Fleet Academy online. "ENERGY: Sources, Waste &
Management" Course I. Insist all the legislators pass it, or we
have an
election
do-over in that district. I am sick of trying to talk to morons in
various
capitols.

Solve the energy problem immediately. In cold places like Albany,
upstate
New York, there are also a great deal of natural resources, like
farmland
(consider: greenhouses on every building, extending the growing
season,
and introducing southern fruits) and minerals. The more that can be
produced
locally, the less pollution, the less energy loss (which is often the
same
thing),
and the less of a need to use human bodies as the medium of exchange,
as is
the thinking of the unions, as well as Republicans.

I see there is an article in the Courant about the increased use of
scooters
in the commute to work. We don't have anything like a 3 wheeled,
enclosed,
electric vehicle for one or two people for traveling in the cold or
wet...

Unions and Republicans wrecked this country, because they denied us
access
to the governments (who are retarded, but nevertheless, we should have
been
given a chance to communicate with elected representatives. Lobbyists
ruled.)

We can't have this compartmentalized thinking that is going on here,
trying to solve one problem at a time, without solving the primary
problem.

But Spitzer is right on again. It's going to be a painful transition
for these
union members when they realize they are going to have to actually
work,
and for more than 20 years, like the rest of us, in order to get a
pension.

If these wacko union members start making a fuss over it, which they
no doubt will, ask them to submit a new energy proposal to the
legislators.

Tell them "SURE, we'll pay you. Tell us how? Tell us where the money
is going to come from. You know, REAL money, not the phoney icon
of the Paper Tiger, Uncle Sam..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/05/nyregion/05prison.html?pagewanted=print
The New York Times
Printer Friendly Format Sponsored By

February 5, 2007
Spitzer Seeks Commission to Study Prison Closings
By NICHOLAS CONFESSORE

ALBANY, Feb. 2 - Moving to reverse decades of expansion, Gov. Eliot
Spitzer is
proposing a commission to study closing some of New York State's
dozens of
prisons.

The effort would try to duplicate for the prison system the recent
commission
that studied closing hospitals around the state and issued a final
report late
last year. That report recommended shutting down at least 20 hospitals
across
New York and shrinking or merging dozens of others.

If the new commission is approved by the Legislature, New York may
join the
growing number of states that have sought to rein in high prison costs
through
closings or consolidations.

Behind Mr. Spitzer's proposal lies a recognition that New York's
prison population, which peaked in
1999 at more than 71,000 inmates, has rapidly declined since.

Thanks to falling crime rates in New York City, fewer felony arrests
and efforts
by prison officials to move nonviolent offenders out of the system,
the prison
population has fallen by roughly 8,000 inmates since the peak, though
it rose
slightly last year.

Assistants to the governor said he would also create, through an
executive
order, a second commission to study changes to sentencing laws. Such
measures
have helped shrink inmate ranks in other states and could in New York,
too.

But any effort to close state prisons will face formidable political
obstacles.
New York's sprawling network of prisons has created thousands of jobs
upstate,
where manufacturing jobs have been slowly disappearing.

Much like New York's vast array of state-supported hospitals - some of
which lie
more than half-empty for lack of demand - the $2.7 billion-a-year
state prison
system has become, in effect, an economic development program.

Mr. Spitzer hopes to replace the state-subsidized employment on which
upstate
New York depends with private-sector jobs and investment that could
secure its
future down the road.

But a powerful alliance of upstate lawmakers and correction officers'
unions
guard their constituents' and members' state-financed jobs and are
likely to
resist any effort to downsize the system.

A similar - and even more influential - alliance exists between health
care
unions, hospitals and Republican and Democratic lawmakers, some of
them
representing districts in which health care facilities, empty or not,
are the
largest employers.

Both the prison and health care coalitions have demonstrated their
political
potency in the past, mustering millions of dollars for campaign
contributions
and political ads to advance their agendas and punish politicians who
have
crossed them.

State corrections union officials say that they will make their views
clear in
the coming debate, too.

"We're not open to any closures at this point," said Lawrence Flanagan
Jr., the
president of the New York State Correctional Officers and Police
Benevolent
Association, which has donated at least $1.8 million to state
politicians in
recent years.

He added: "If anything, the prison population has increased. It went
up 500 this
last year."

Likewise, many Republican state senators say they are dismayed at the
possibility of sacrificing constituents' livelihoods in the short term
to Mr.
Spitzer's agenda, regardless of the long-term benefits he anticipates.

"I'm very concerned about the commission," said Senator Elizabeth O'C.
Little, a
Republican whose Adirondacks district includes 12 prisons and prison
camps. Five
of them are in Franklin County, which has roughly one inmate for every
10
residents, according to census figures, the highest concentration in
the state.

"They have a tremendous economic impact," Ms. Little said. "There are
over 5,000
corrections officers living in my district. In most of these
communities, the prisons are the biggest employer. It's not
just corrections officers, but secretaries and other staff, too."

Indeed, between 1990 and 2006, according to research by the Public
Policy
Institute of New York State, two-thirds of the net new jobs upstate
were paid
for by taxpayers. That includes jobs in prisons, other government
positions and
some jobs in health care and social assistance.

"Up in the north country, you used to just think of hanging out a sign
that says
'Prisons-R-Us,' " said Kent Gardner, president of the Center for
Governmental
Research, based in Rochester. "Pretty much every rural town in the
state was
angling for these facilities."

Little surprise, then, that some past efforts to close prisons have
failed.
Governor George E. Pataki tried repeatedly to include such closings in
the state
budget, only to have the Legislature reject those plans.

Mr. Flanagan of the corrections union said that his group had been
"very, very
forward and aggressive last year and in the year prior to that."

Lawmakers have acted, too, approving several measures in recent years
to protect
the prison system against rapid shrinkage. Under current law, before
the state
can close a prison it must give a year's notice to employees, and
officials are
required to explore options for converting prisons to other uses, such
as
low-cost housing.

correction
officers' union, the Legislature has made it much more difficult for
the
executive to close prisons, even after a time of significant decline
in the
population," said Robert Gangi, executive director of the
Correctional
Association of New York, an advocacy group for inmates.

To end the stalemate on hospital closings, lawmakers eventually
consented to put
those decisions in the hands of a commission. Headed by the financier
Stephen
Berger, the hospital commission held a number of hearings and listened
to hours
of testimony from hospital officials and local leaders.

But the commission's final recommendations nevertheless set off a
political
firestorm, including at least one lawsuit. Now some lawmakers say they
are
reluctant to go down the same road with prison closings.

"I'm a little wary of the governor's proposal," said Senator George H.
Winner
Jr., a Republican whose district in the Southern Tier includes maximum-
security
prisons in Elmira and Southport. "Just coming off of a rather arduous
Berger
Commission experience, I think the Legislature will look a little
skeptically at
whether or not this is the way to go."

In an interview, Laura Anglin, the governor's first deputy budget
director, said
a commission was the best way to reach a compromise on prisons with
maximum
public involvement.

"It's always difficult to look at things like this," she said. "That
is why we
thought we would go the commission route, so that there would be
public
involvement, it would require public hearings and that way get the
issues out in
the open instead of forcing something."

Both Mr. Spitzer and his staff have also stressed that no closings are
imminent
and that the creation of the commission itself, which would be wrapped
into the
state budget, must still past muster with the Legislature.

"We don't have any closures listed yet; we've only been here 31 days,"
the
governor said last week in his budget address. "I don't want to
suggest that
it's happening soon."

The question is whether it will happen at all. Although Joseph L.
Bruno, the
Republican majority leader of the Senate, has said he is open to a
prison
commission, other Republicans suggested that closings might not be
their first
concern.

"We see that there is a growing need for more maximum-security cell
space," said
Senator Michael F. Nozzolio, chairman of the Senate committee that
has
jurisdiction over prisons. Though there are fewer nonviolent offenders
in
prisons, he said, too many dangerous inmates are still being housed
in
inadequate facilities.

"We also believe that there needs to be a more planned approach to
this entire correctional system," Mr. Nozzolio said. "We've requested
and demanded and have yet to see, really, a real plan for full
utilization."

Mr. Nozzolio also said that he planned to use upcoming confirmation
hearings for
Mr. Spitzer's criminal-justice appointees "to gauge the
administration's
positions on these issues."

* World
* U.S.
* N.Y. / Region
* Business
* Technology
* Science
* Health
* Sports
* Opinion
* Arts
* Style
* Travel
* Jobs
* Real Estate
* Automobiles
* Back to Top

Copyright 2007 The New York Times Company

* Privacy Policy
* Corrections
* RSS
* First Look