Dear Dr. Barbour,

1 view

trong

Jul 10, 2006, 10:26:21 PM7/10/06
I recently was apprised of a theory of yours as to how Borrelia
burgdorferi sensu stricto, the causative agent of lyme disease, arrived
in north america and first became established 10 miles from a US
biowarfare research facility.. Apparently you have postulated that it
arrived via migrating birds from africa. I am wondering what sort of
bird exactly this might have been? Was it a C-47, or was it one of
those old pan am clippers that Indiana Jones rode around in? or was it
a B-17 carrying extra fuel tanks? I know Dr. Fish has postulated that
the west nile outbreak which occurred in 1998 and was first noted on
the eastern end of long island less than 10 miles from the same
biowarfare facility was brought to north america on a 747 migrating
from africa, but 747s are a relatively new species and weren't around
in the 40's.

Anyway, I know you're busy managing the Pacific Coast regional
biowarfare project, but I would appreciate a response if you are able
to give me any more information on this interesting theory of yours.

Sincerely,
Trong