Hi, I'm new here and I have a few questions

1 view

Chicky

Jun 20, 2002, 6:20:53 PM6/20/02
Can someone tell me whether or not Lyme tests are reliable?

I'm from New Jersey. I got bit by a tick in April. The doctor told me
not to worry even after I got a rash. He said the rash wasn't a Lyme
rash so I shouldn't worry. I started feeling sick a few weeks later.
He gave me a Lyme test and told me to take some antibiotics for a few
weeks and not to worry. The test came back negative and he told me to
stop the antibiotics. I did even though I wasn't feeling very good.
Since then I've been feeling worse and worse. The doctor tells me it
isn't Lyme since the test was negative and my rash was just an
allergic reaction or spider bite.

The only thing that I know about Lyme is that this real idiot named
Jeanine I knew from my country club rants and raves about it all the
time and people laugh at her behind her back. I don't believe anything
she says. I can't tell you what an idiot she is! Pompous too, thinks
she knows it all. Very low class.

Anyway I feel rotten and can't get my doctor to do anything to help.
He says he thinks I have chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia.

Can someone recommend a good doctor in New Jersey, northern New
Jersey? Can someone tell me about rashes and testing.

Thanks in advance!

Chicky

Frank de Groot

Jun 20, 2002, 7:15:07 PM6/20/02
Depending on the kind of test and the lab that did it, they are from
unreliable to worthless.

Frank

"Chicky" <ChickySc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Rosanne Barrett

Jun 20, 2002, 10:32:04 PM6/20/02
Sounds to me like you need real help finding a good lyme treating
doctor. You probably wont find it here. Go over to
wwww.flash.lymenet.org and post in both the medical questions and doctor
referral sections. You will get the help you need. Also, support
groups are a good source for doctor referrals and you can get help with
that too on that site. None of the tests are reliable. Never believe a
doctor who tells you that you don't have lyme based on a test. A lyme
diagnosis is based on clinical symptoms. Tell you doctor to check out
the Center for Diease control website and it explains it as clear as
day, it's a clinical diagnosis. Good Luck.

Charles P. Adams

Jun 21, 2002, 8:20:57 AM6/21/02
>From: ChickySc...@hotmail.com (Chicky)
>Date: 6/20/2002 6:20 PM Easter

Welcome to our group Chicky, I am Charles the newsgroup leader and I want to
say I hope you enjoy posting here. Please be careful of trolls like Frank,
Rosanne,BCLYME,Jrstrong,Sarah,Jill and a few others, they are paid trolls that
are out to scam insurance companies.

>The only thing that I know about Lyme is that this real idiot named
>Jeanine I knew from my country club rants and raves about it all the
>time and people laugh at her behind her back.

Most people who blame there mental problems on lyme are idiots like you're
friend. Most of the idiots who claim they have chronic lyme are just seeking
attention like you're friend.

>I don't believe anything
>she says.

neither do the doctors.

>Anyway I feel rotten and can't get my doctor to do anything to help.
>He says he thinks I have chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia.

listen to you're doctor.

>Can someone recommend a good doctor in New Jersey, northern New
>Jersey? Can someone tell me about rashes and testing.

You can visit the CDC website on lyme, they explain the disease there.

Kara Tyson

Jun 21, 2002, 9:21:26 AM6/21/02
> Can someone tell me whether or not Lyme tests are reliable?
_____________________
Most Dr.'s run what is called an ELISA. It is an antibody test. Not
everyone makes antibodies to the disease. I dont. So you can be
infected and still have a negative test.

The doctor told me
> not to worry even after I got a rash. He said the rash wasn't a Lyme
> rash so I shouldn't worry.

__________________________
There is no standard rash.

The doctor tells me it
> isn't Lyme since the test was negative and my rash was just an
> allergic reaction or spider bite.

______________________
I had a false negative test. And I was misdiagnosed as having a spider
bite. Consider getting a 2nd opinion. Find another Dr. A Dr. who
treats the disease every day and can rule it out. You can find one by
going to http://www.lymenet.org and go to Flash Discussions. You can
post there and someone will email you.

> He says he thinks I have chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia.

_____________________
Personally, I dont believe in chronic fatigue as a disease. It is a
symptom of a disease.

**Oh, and it isnt unusual at all for Lyme patients to rant and rave.
People can talk about me behind my back all they want. I really dont
care. :)

Kara Tyson
Lyme Disease Support Group Of AL

RMAgricola

Jun 21, 2002, 11:21:31 AM6/21/02
Dear Chicky,

Charles Adams is the last person in the world I would pay any attention to.

He has his own agenda, even though I can't posssible figure out what it has to
do with Lyme disease except an attempt to divide and conquer this group.

Martha A.

Rufie/Ruth

Jun 21, 2002, 11:44:19 AM6/21/02
In article <20020621082057...@mb-cu.aol.com>,

hillar...@aol.comnojunk (Charles P. Adams) wrote:

> >From: ChickySc...@hotmail.com (Chicky)
> >Date: 6/20/2002 6:20 PM Easter
>
> Welcome to our group Chicky, I am Charles the newsgroup leader and I want to
> say I hope you enjoy posting here. Please be careful of trolls like Frank,
> Rosanne,BCLYME,Jrstrong,Sarah,Jill and a few others, they are paid trolls that
> are out to scam insurance companies.

Who the heck are you?

I have been reading this group on and off for years and years and I
recall no newsgroup leader ...

I have never heard of you before.
--

"Existence is meaningless and I love every minute of it" Paul Krassner

Charles P. Adams

Jun 21, 2002, 3:41:28 PM6/21/02
>From: Rufie/Ruth o...@somewhere.com
>Date: 6/21/2002 11:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time

>Who the heck are you?
>
>I have been reading this group on and off for years and years and I
>recall no newsgroup leader ...

There is now...

Who the heck are u?

Charles P. Adams

Jun 21, 2002, 3:47:44 PM6/21/02
>From: rmagr...@aol.com (RMAgricola)
>Date: 6/21/2002 11:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time

>He has his own agenda, even though I can't posssible figure out what it has
>do with Lyme disease except an attempt to divide and conquer this group.

Martha, The insurance fraud people no longer post here so why don't you move
on too, the days of pushing law breaking LLMD's are over.

Chicky,
The doctors and info these nuts will give you will only lead you down the
wrong road, most of there doctors are in trouble and some have been booted from
the medcal business.
Ask them why there doctors are either under the microscope or are under
suspension. They will scam you and most do not take insurance and require a
cash payment for there fraud.

BEWARE

Rosanne Barrett

Jun 21, 2002, 9:18:45 PM6/21/02
Charles, haven't they given you the vaccine yet and the extral lethal
dose of brucellous bacteria. Go away you pest, everyone knows your
game. BIRDBRAIN

Jen NY

Jun 21, 2002, 11:31:51 PM6/21/02

"Chicky" <ChickySc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The only thing that I know about Lyme is that this real idiot named
> Jeanine I knew from my country club rants and raves about it all the
> time and people laugh at her behind her back. I don't believe anything
> she says. I can't tell you what an idiot she is! Pompous too, thinks
> she knows it all. Very low class.

This "real idiot" would probably be your best friend right now. Lyme needs
ranting and raving because doctors like yours are everywhere not treating
obvious Lyme Disease so people end up totally crippled when it can be
prevented!! I hope you feel ashamed for yourself and the others in your
snooty country club for feeling this way about this woman who is trying to
keep people from getting this epidemic disease. Gimmie a break! I personally
think snickering behind people's backs is the lowest of the low class.

The lyme tests are almost worthless and your doctor is sure as heck
worthless.

Rosanne Barrett

Jun 21, 2002, 11:38:08 PM6/21/02
Well said Jen, it's good to see there are still some that will speak up
for what is right.

"Jen NY" <peace...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Rushkiller

Jun 21, 2002, 11:44:09 PM6/21/02
Kara none of the tests are reliable. A diagnosis must be made by
symptoms, a clinical diaganosis. check with you local support group
for a good lyme treating doctor referral. also put a post on
www.flash.lymenet.org you will find very helpful people there.

My Email Is Safe

Jun 22, 2002, 4:11:51 PM6/22/02
Chicky,
Take the advice of Karen Tyson she knows what she's talking about. As to the
woman at the club who rants about Lyme disease and they laugh at her.. Amazing
part is if you're one of those who laugh at her as well and think she's an
idiot when you're good and sick she'll be the one you go to and she may laugh
at you when you want her help the most.....As will others there if they should
happen to contract lyme disease an it's coinfections an if she laughed right
back at you all and refused to help I wouldn't blame her in the least...

Chicky

Jun 22, 2002, 4:38:30 PM6/22/02
"Jen NY" <peace...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<v9SQ8.54997$Na1.1...@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...

> "Chicky" <ChickySc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The only thing that I know about Lyme is that this real idiot named
> > Jeanine I knew from my country club rants and raves about it all the
> > time and people laugh at her behind her back. I don't believe anything
> > she says. I can't tell you what an idiot she is! Pompous too, thinks
> > she knows it all. Very low class.
>
> This "real idiot" would probably be your best friend right now.

This real idiot would never be a friend of mine even if she happened
to be right about Lyme disease. She's an insufferable, pompous, moron.

> Lyme needs
> ranting and raving because doctors like yours are everywhere not treating
> obvious Lyme Disease so people end up totally crippled when it can be
> prevented!! I hope you feel ashamed for yourself and the others in your
> snooty country club for feeling this way about this woman who is trying to
> keep people from getting this epidemic disease.

People have been laughing at her behind her back for years because
she's such an idiot long before she had anything to do with Lyme
disease for your information. And for your information my country club
isn't snooty.

But your hostility to the idea of a country club must say something
about you and your feelings of social inferiority.

If you're trying to persuade me about something, I've gotta say that
your tone and your attitude are very off putting and I don't need to
be ranted and raved at by you or by anyone. I came here asking for
some advice and information, not to be lectured to. I am willing to
listen, I am anxious to listen but not to be yelled at.

> Gimmie a break!

Maybe someone should give you a break?

> I personally
> think snickering behind people's backs is the lowest of the low class.

Your opinion is noted. You've contributed your two cents but that is
overvaluing the worth of your contribution.

> The lyme tests are almost worthless and your doctor is sure as heck
> worthless.

My doctor saved my life and that of one of my children for your
information. He may not know much about Lyme according to some of you,
but that doesn't make him worthless.

Do all of you people rant and rave like this?

Do you think your attitude makes me more likely to listen to you or
think you're rational?

Thanks I'm going to try someplace else for information and do research
on my own.

I have no idea what to make of all these conflicting responses and
references to fights and battles I have no idea about. Should I listen
to Charles Adams? Should I listen to someone else? Who knows? You all
sound pretty crazy from the responses I'm getting here.

What's a shame is that if you're right someone like me is less likely
to listen to you because of your obvious attitude problem. No one ever
in my "snotty" country club would ever behave like you people. In fact
you seem snottier than anyone I've ever met.

Thanks for nothing.

Chicky

Jun 22, 2002, 4:38:30 PM6/22/02
"Jen NY" <peace...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<v9SQ8.54997$Na1.1...@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>...
> "Chicky" <ChickySc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The only thing that I know about Lyme is that this real idiot named
> > Jeanine I knew from my country club rants and raves about it all the
> > time and people laugh at her behind her back. I don't believe anything
> > she says. I can't tell you what an idiot she is! Pompous too, thinks
> > she knows it all. Very low class.
>
> This "real idiot" would probably be your best friend right now.

This real idiot would never be a friend of mine even if she happened

to be right about Lyme disease. She's an insufferable, pompous, moron.

> Lyme needs

> ranting and raving because doctors like yours are everywhere not treating
> obvious Lyme Disease so people end up totally crippled when it can be
> prevented!! I hope you feel ashamed for yourself and the others in your
> snooty country club for feeling this way about this woman who is trying to
> keep people from getting this epidemic disease.

People have been laughing at her behind her back for years because

she's such an idiot long before she had anything to do with Lyme
disease for your information. And for your information my country club
isn't snooty.

But your hostility to the idea of a country club must say something
about you and your feelings of social inferiority.

If you're trying to persuade me about something, I've gotta say that
your tone and your attitude are very off putting and I don't need to
be ranted and raved at by you or by anyone. I came here asking for
some advice and information, not to be lectured to. I am willing to
listen, I am anxious to listen but not to be yelled at.

> Gimmie a break!

Maybe someone should give you a break?

> I personally

> think snickering behind people's backs is the lowest of the low class.

Your opinion is noted. You've contributed your two cents but that is

overvaluing the worth of your contribution.

> The lyme tests are almost worthless and your doctor is sure as heck
> worthless.

My doctor saved my life and that of one of my children for your

information. He may not know much about Lyme according to some of you,
but that doesn't make him worthless.

Do all of you people rant and rave like this?

Do you think your attitude makes me more likely to listen to you or

think you'r rational?

Chicky

Jun 22, 2002, 4:42:39 PM6/22/02
alaba...@usa.com (Kara Tyson) wrote in message news:<6d043464.02062...@posting.google.com>...

thank you for your information Kara.

I'm more confused than ever with the responses I got here. People seem
pretty crazy dealing with Lyme disease.

I want to get one thing straight. I never said that I talk about
Jeanine behind her back. I've told her what I think about her to her
face. And people laugh at her behind her back not because of her
ranting and raving about lyme. You'd have to know her and how pompous
and self important and ridiculous she is, a complete know it all who
knows nothing. If she happens to be right about Lyme disease it would
be the first thing she was ever right about.

Chicky

Jun 22, 2002, 4:44:16 PM6/22/02
hillar...@aol.comnojunk (Charles P. Adams) wrote in message news:<20020621082057...@mb-cu.aol.com>...

> >From: ChickySc...@hotmail.com (Chicky)
> >Date: 6/20/2002 6:20 PM Easter
>
> Welcome to our group Chicky, I am Charles the newsgroup leader and I want to
> say I hope you enjoy posting here. Please be careful of trolls like Frank,
> Rosanne,BCLYME,Jrstrong,Sarah,Jill and a few others, they are paid trolls that
> are out to scam insurance companies.

I don't know what a troll is?

Rosanne Barrett

Jun 22, 2002, 5:30:11 PM6/22/02
dear chicky, I toyed with whether or not to answer your post. I
questioned if you were really sincere. If you are sincere your approach
to everyones helpful advice is sadly lacking in appreciation. If you
are not sincere go away, we have enough of the likes of your type of
people. Lyme is a very serious illness and referring to someone as an
idiot who rants and raves was my first clue that maybe you were here
for the
wrong reason. If you are really sick take the advice given and do
something about it.

"Chicky" <chickysc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Charles P. Adams

Jun 22, 2002, 8:44:40 PM6/22/02
>rom: "Rosanne Barrett" r.bar...@verizon.net
>Date: 6/22/2002 5:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time

>dear chicky, I toyed with whether or not to answer your post.

Like she cares....She already filtered you're troll butt.

>Lyme is a very serious illness

So is the common cold.

>If you are really sick take the advice given and do
>something about it.

She is not going to listen to you're quack methods, she will never get better
then.

Chicky

Jun 23, 2002, 9:12:33 AM6/23/02
"Rosanne Barrett" <r.bar...@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<a9206645cb4eab5aa01...@mygate.mailgate.org>...

> dear chicky, I toyed with whether or not to answer your post.

Gee and you just had to choose to answer?

> I questioned if you were really sincere. If you are sincere your approach
> to everyones helpful advice is sadly lacking in appreciation.

Oh? Yeah, I guess I should just jump for joy with all the nasty
hostile responses I received to some innocent questions?

> If you are not sincere go away, we have enough of the likes of your type of
> people. Lyme is a very serious illness and referring to someone as an
> idiot who rants and raves was my first clue that maybe you were here
> for the wrong reason.

What was your next clue Sherlock?

> If you are really sick take the advice given and do something about it.

Why don't you take your advice and shove it up your fat ugly butt,
bitch?

Why don't you get on your broom and fly away, witch?

Chicky

Jun 23, 2002, 9:18:38 AM6/23/02
princes...@aol.comNoSpam (My Email Is Safe) wrote in message news:<20020622161151...@mb-cr.aol.com>...

> Chicky,
> Take the advice of Karen Tyson she knows what she's talking about.

Her advice was the closest to being helpful.

But between the hostility of Jen from NY and the bitchiness of
Rosanne, and the strange exchanges with Charles Adams and Martha, who
knows what to make of any of this? There's something really wrong
here.

> As to the woman at the club who rants about Lyme disease and they laugh at
> her.. Amazing part is if you're one of those who laugh at her as well and
> think she's an idiot when you're good and sick she'll be the one you go to
> and she may laugh at you when you want her help the most.....As will others
> there if they should happen to contract lyme disease an it's coinfections an
> if she laughed right back at you all and refused to help I wouldn't blame her
> in the least...

Gee what a nice sarcastic response. Thanks for the warm welcome.

You don't know this woman Jeanine. Everyone hates her. I shouldn't
have mentioned it except I'll tell you if people like her are
spokespeople for your cause then you are in big trouble. Even if she's
right no one takes her seriously about anything. And even if she's
right I would never turn to her for help or information.

And I don't think I'll be coming here for help either. If I wanted
insults I'd hire Rodney Dangerfield. At least he's funny.

Rushkiller

Jun 23, 2002, 3:22:45 PM6/23/02
You were given the best advise from many wise and sincere people,
except C. P. Adams and you were quickly warned about him. Anyone who
comes here posting and bad mouthing about other people in their post
is suspect. You are here for trouble, just like many others so go
away and don't critize the help you were offerred. Your original
post didn't exactly meet the standards of proper etiquette. Go play
somewhere else. The only thing wrong here is YOU!

Rosanne Barrett

Jun 23, 2002, 9:14:38 PM6/23/02
Kara, my appologies, I meant to address chicky but used your name
instead.

Rushkiller

Jun 23, 2002, 9:20:51 PM6/23/02
Kara my appologies. I meant to address chicky and used you name by mistake.

Rushkiller

Jun 23, 2002, 9:26:25 PM6/23/02
Chicky, you are clearly not serious and are a troll. Your tone and
content sounds vaguely familiar. You will not be allowed to ruin this
group and already far too much time has been spent tying to offer help
to a troll.Go get a life, henceforth you will be ingnored, until you
pop up with another fake name.

Chicky

Jun 24, 2002, 8:54:45 AM6/24/02
r.bar...@verizon.net (Rushkiller) wrote in message news:<212c544e.02062...@posting.google.com>...

> Chicky, you are clearly not serious and are a troll. Your tone and
> content sounds vaguely familiar. You will not be allowed to ruin this
> group and already far too much time has been spent tying to offer help
> to a troll.Go get a life, henceforth you will be ingnored, until you
> pop up with another fake name.

Did someone die and appoint you to be in charge?

Buzz off lady, I didn't ask for your advice and I won't tolerate your
nastiness and abuse.

You are obviously mentally ill. Get a life yourself and get some help.

Charles P. Adams

Jun 24, 2002, 12:22:55 PM6/24/02
>From: r.bar...@verizon.net (Rushkiller)
>Date: 6/23/2002 9:26 PM Eastern

>henceforth you will be ingnored, until you
>pop up with another fake name.

Like we do you..

nimue

Jun 24, 2002, 4:37:55 PM6/24/02
I, too, wondered whether or not you were a troll. I don't know why -- but
something about your post made me wonder. You hit many of the key points
that people with Lyme usually have to deal with, including disbelieving or
inexperienced MDs, and the misdiagnoses of chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia.
That could have been your experience -- or maybe you have more familiarity
with Lyme than you claim. Then you included some very inflamatory remarks
about a woman with Lyme at your country club. Those comments seem
inappropriate on a newsgroup meant to serve people with Lyme. I wondered
why someone would choose to put them on such a newsgroup. These things made
me feel suspicious. Of course, you MAY be serious. If you truly need help,
I suggest you go to lymenet.org for information. This newsgroup has become
pretty troll-infested, and you can get good info at the website I
recommended. If you are not a troll, I don't think we will hear from you
again. You will probably just leave this ng in disgust. It's a shame that
this is what this ng has been reduced to, btw. If you ARE a troll, I
imagine your behavior will bear this out -- you will continue to stay around
the ng, and berate us. You will enjoy the mess your post has created. Most
posts create a lot of messes these days, so don't blame yourself for that,
if you are not a troll.

Rushkiller

Jun 24, 2002, 6:48:56 PM6/24/02
chicky, you trouble making troll. Dont worry, God will take care of
you in your next life, maybe even sooner.

Jonathan R. Strong

Jun 29, 2002, 5:06:26 PM6/29/02
Charles (assuming that this is actually your name) -

You've truly made an ass of yourself over the last several months, having
done your best to destroy a public resource in which people try to help
others who are in need.

To date, you've just been a classic annoying and pointless troll. In your
post below, you have crossed the line and posted libel. Thanks for finally
giving us something that we can follow up with legal action.

- Jon

"Charles P. Adams" <hillar...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

> >From: ChickySc...@hotmail.com (Chicky)
> >Date: 6/20/2002 6:20 PM Easter
>
> Welcome to our group Chicky, I am Charles the newsgroup leader and I want
> say I hope you enjoy posting here. Please be careful of trolls like Frank,
> Rosanne,BCLYME,Jrstrong,Sarah,Jill and a few others, they are paid trolls
that
> are out to scam insurance companies.
>

> >The only thing that I know about Lyme is that this real idiot named
> >Jeanine I knew from my country club rants and raves about it all the
> >time and people laugh at her behind her back.
>
> Most people who blame there mental problems on lyme are idiots like
you're
> friend. Most of the idiots who claim they have chronic lyme are just
seeking
> attention like you're friend.
>
> >I don't believe anything
> >she says.
>
> neither do the doctors.
>
> >Anyway I feel rotten and can't get my doctor to do anything to help.

> >He says he thinks I have chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia.

Charles P. Adams

Jun 29, 2002, 5:50:53 PM6/29/02
>From: "Jonathan R. Strong" j...@StrongGroup.com
>Date: 6/29/2002 5:06 PM Eastern

>In your
>post below, you have crossed the line and posted libel. Thanks for finally
>giving us something that we can follow up with legal action.

Posted what....that you are a troll? Yes you are.

What is with you scam freaks and the lawsuit threats?? First it was BClyme and
now you're making crazy threats of legal action. Do you think I just came off a
dam boat? Do I amuse you?

Listen John Ashcroft, I can speak my mind and I will never stop posting the
fact that I believe that some of you are out to scam insurance companies like
many of the doctors you people post here. Just because you got some doctor
(Jopn) to post his name or what ever the story was, don't think you are going
to scare posters away. I post my full name, Charles P. Adams and I live in NYC
so I don't hide behind made up names son.

>You've truly made an ass of yourself over the last several months

Sounds libel to me....I am very hurt over this.

Go hide under you're rock Jon.

Jonathan R. Strong

Jun 29, 2002, 10:43:37 PM6/29/02
> What is with you scam freaks and the lawsuit threats?? First it was
BClyme and
> now you're making crazy threats of legal action. Do you think I just came
off a
> dam boat? Do I amuse you?

Not in the least. You must amuse yourself, though, considering the thousands
of disruptive and pointless posts you've made in this newsgroup as well as
the
Rosie O'Donnell and Barbara Streisand newsgroups over the past 2 years.
Anyone
curious about this can easily find a history of your sophomoric behavior by
running
a quick Google newsgroup search for the posts made by you. (By the way -
"dam"
should really have an "n" on the end of it, unless you're talking about
blocking up
waterways).

> Listen John Ashcroft, I can speak my mind and I will never stop posting
the
> fact that I believe that some of you are out to scam insurance companies
like
> many of the doctors you people post here. Just because you got some
doctor
> (Jopn) to post his name or what ever the story was, don't think you are
going
> to scare posters away. I post my full name, Charles P. Adams and I live
in NYC
> so I don't hide behind made up names son.

I'm the last to be accused of being an Ashcroft fan -- but that's irrelevant
to the
topic at hand. What you believe is your business, and the first amendment
does,
indeed, allow you tremendous freedom to express your opinions. However it
does NOT allow you to make baseless accusations about others that 1) may
damage their reputations, and 2) you cannot support with evidence. That,
Charles,
is libel. Specifically, you identified six specific people in your post and
made the
statement that they (including me) are "paid trolls" and that our intent is
to defraud
insurance companies. There's a fine line between first amendment protected
speech
and libel -- and your post crossed that line.

By the way -- "jopn" was exposed in a court of law as part of a libel
lawsuit
against him precisely due to his posts in this newsgroup. Nobody tricked him
into revealing his name. All part of the legal process stemming from his
actions
right here.

Whether or not you understand this, it's a fact. You have just libeled six
people.
At least a few of us are already known to the Lyme patient community by
name,
and your actions create an inaccurate impression of us based on accusations
that
you cannot back up by factual evidence. Since you claim to be so
knowledgeable,
I'll assume that you are capable of looking up the legal definition of
"libel", and while
you're there you should also look up "libel per se" and "libel per quod".
This will
help you to understand exactly what you have done and the lawsuit to which
you
have left yourself open.

If you do a bit of research about libel suits on the Internet, you'll find
that
penalties in recent years have been as high as $650,000 against defendants
who libeled others in newsgroups like this.

> >You've truly made an ass of yourself over the last several months
>
> Sounds libel to me....I am very hurt over this.

It only sounds like libel to you because you apparently don't understand the
definition. I urge you to look up the definitions as I suggest above so you
will
understand what the word really means.

> Go hide under you're rock Jon.

The contraction "you're" means "you are". You probably meant to type "your".
Otherwise your sentence really doesn't make sense. Charles -- nobody is
hiding under a rock, and nobody is going to disappear at your behest (that's
another good one for you to look up) because of your seeming delight in
disrupting newsgroups. For the past year, it seems that you have an
inordinate
amount of time to spend posting thousands of trivial and misleading messages
on newsgroups. Some of us aren't so lucky as to have all the free time on
our
hands that you do, and so we don't generally waste time sparring with
nitwits
in newsgroups.

Before you respond, I urge you to familiarize yourself with a bit of libel
law,
and then come back online and apologize and withdraw your statement. In
fact, you may take this as my formal request that you do so.

- Jon

Charles P. Adams

Jun 30, 2002, 12:25:34 AM6/30/02
>From: "Jonathan R. Strong" j...@StrongGroup.com
>Date: 6/29/2002 10:43 PM Eastern

>By the way -- "jopn" was exposed in a court of law as part of a libel
>lawsuit
>against him precisely due to his posts in this newsgroup.

That was against a company though, right? I read a few back posts on the
subject about the Igenex thing. who cares

>At least a few of us are already known to the Lyme patient community by
>name,
>and your actions create an inaccurate impression of us based on accusations

Like when I get called all kinds of names in here and posted not to respond to
me.

>If you do a bit of research about libel suits on the Internet, you'll find
>that
>penalties in recent years have been as high as $650,000 against defendants
>who libeled others in newsgroups like this.

..I do believe that in cases of stock fraud and other extreme cases, do you
even understand how much a "fairy" tale case like this would cost ya from a
lawyer? Then how are you can to get a return on the money you spent? You are
not going after a company with a strong case or a insurance company.

> For the past year, it seems that you have an
>inordinate
>amount of time to spend posting thousands of trivial and misleading messages
>on newsgroups.

I am on disability and have a serious disease that prevents me from leaving my
Apartment and enjoying life like I used to.

>Before you respond, I urge you to familiarize yourself with a bit of libel
>law,
>and then come back online and apologize and withdraw your statement. In
>fact, you may take this as my formal request that you do so.

Jon, You claim that I am a troll in the other newsgroups like Rosie and
Barbra, did you read my posts and see that I am there fans? Do you see the
people that come in here and post crap about me from those groups? They hate me
because I like those 2 woman in there own fan group! They are right wingers who
slander me as a NAMBLA member, don't you think that would be a great lawsuit?

In this group I am called a troll because I follow the CDC guidelines, and I
don't like the treatment that some so called LLMD prescribe. I went to a famous
LLMD in CT before, he took me for a ride and told me I had chronic lyme,
masking a serious health condition that could have been treated in a early
stage. I am mad and bitter about this, I am sorry if I made statements that
upset you but it will not change my beliefs of some doctors and posters here.

nimue

Jun 30, 2002, 10:10:15 AM6/30/02

"Jonathan R. Strong" <j...@StrongGroup.com> wrote in message
Oh, well done, Jon! You are just my Atticus Finch, you know that? I don't
know if Charles will go away. I hope he does. If he doesn't, I think a
libel suit would be just the thing.

chicci

Jun 30, 2002, 12:54:47 PM6/30/02
Hello Chickie, this is Chicci as in Chickie. I'll be Chicci #1 and you be Chickie #2

Chicci

RMAgricola

Jun 30, 2002, 1:24:51 PM6/30/02
Dear Chicci,

Are you a troll too?

Martha A.

Jonathan R. Strong

Jun 30, 2002, 11:46:40 PM6/30/02
"nimue" wrote:

> Oh, well done, Jon! You are just my Atticus Finch, you know that?

Wow -- what a nice thing to say. You certainly set a high standard to
emulate. Not sure that I'm up to it, but I'm flattered indeed!

> I don't know if Charles will go away. I hope he does. If he doesn't,
> I think a libel suit would be just the thing.

As long as the newsgroup is an open forum, we'll see all kinds of
behavior here. The only way we'll truly lose this as a forum in which we
can help each other, however, is when the majority become apathetic
and let a vocal, energetic and anti-social minority dominate. If we do
that, we deserve to lose the group. If people really want an open and
useful newsgroup, then as a group we will do what's necessary to
prevent it from being destroyed. While I wouldn't pursue such a legal
action with expectations of a large financial payout, I *would* initiate
a legal case in order to put an end to the kind of abuse that this group
and its members have suffered over the past year -- it would be worth
the time and expense in my opinion. Hopefully it won't be necessary,
but I guess we'll find out. I'm also hoping that other members of this
group will become re-energized and take part in defending this forum
that has proven to be immensely useful to so many of us.

- Jon

chicci

Jul 1, 2002, 12:54:41 AM7/1/02
rmagr...@aol.com (RMAgricola) wrote in message news:<20020630132451...@mb-ma.aol.com>...

> Dear Chicci,
>
> Are you a troll too?
>

> Martha A.

Hi Martha,

remember me Chicci in Germany? Nope I am not a troll.

Alan Stone

Jul 1, 2002, 1:32:05 PM7/1/02
nimue wrote:

> Oh, well done, Jon!

agreed. I don't have time or inclination to repond to troll nonsense, but
info-seeking newbies and lurkers should be kept aware that there are still at
least a few people here trying to have a positive influence.

Be well, all

Rufie/Ruth

Jul 1, 2002, 6:42:51 PM7/1/02
In article <20020630002534...@mb-fo.aol.com>,

hillar...@aol.comnojunk (Charles P. Adams) wrote:

> In this group I am called a troll because I follow the CDC guidelines, and I
> don't like the treatment that some so called LLMD prescribe. I went to a
> famous
> LLMD in CT before, he took me for a ride and told me I had chronic lyme,
> masking a serious health condition that could have been treated in a early
> stage. I am mad and bitter about this, I am sorry if I made statements that
> upset you but it will not change my beliefs of some doctors and posters here.

Just out of curiosity, what was the serious health condition?
--

"Existence is meaningless and I love every minute of it" Paul Krassner

KJRU

Jul 1, 2002, 11:11:54 PM7/1/02
<< agreed. I don't have time or inclination to repond to troll nonsense, but
info-seeking newbies and lurkers should be kept aware that there are still at
least a few people here trying to have a positive influence.

I agree too. The only time the trolls need any response is to let new people
know so they don't get run off. some of us are still here hoping to learn and
to share good info.

kathy

whatever else you leave undone
once ride a wild horse into the sun