Re: Law vs. Grace

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Dec 26, 2006, 5:50:22 AM12/26/06
rhuff163 wrote:
> Devotional Guide
> For the week of December 24, 2006
>
> JESUS: GOD¹S GRACE IN HUMAN FORM
>
> Law vs. Grace
>
> To read the Bible in one year, today read: Esther 7-8
>
> To Know:
>
> ³For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus
> Christ.² (John 1:17)
>
> The law was given, but grace and truth came. Law depends on law keepers.
> Grace depends on the gracious. Law is given, but grace and truth came in
> human form. Moses gave, but Jesus came. That is John¹s distinction.
>
> History would be very different if we were really willing and able to keep
> God¹s law. The generation gap would never happen. Murder would be unknown.
> Divorces would be unheard of. Surveillance cameras would disappear from a
> world without thievery. Lying, coveting, and cursing would be outside human
> experience.
>
> The law was given after it was already too late. Sin was already in the
> world and had spread to all of us, because all sinned. (See. Rm. 5:12) What
> if I had received World Series tickets for my 7th birthday. In 1946 Boston
> met St. Louis and lost in the fall classic. The games were played in
> September, but my birthday was in November. Like the law, I could have done
> nothing with the tickets.
>
> Grace is never too late. All the law can do is prove that we are lawless.
> ³Sin is lawlessness.² When the law is given, it shines light on the
> lawlessness within us. We all stand condemned in the presence of the law of
> God that Moses gave us. Were grace and truth merely given to us; we would
> have been no better off than we were under law. Jesus is grace and truth in
> human form. He came as an act of grace to live the truth on behalf of
> sinners. Jesus did not come to give us his teaching, so much as to be our
> redeemer. He came to be received. Whoever receives Jesus Christ receives the
> grace of God.
>
> 12266$-12266
>
> <{{{><

Amen and amen !

May GOD continue to bless the writing and discussing of HIS Word here
in these usenet newsgroups in Jesus' most precious and holy name.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA

As for knowing who are the very elect, these you will know by the
unconditional love they have for everyone including their enemies
(Matthew 5:44-45, 1 Corinthians 13:3, James 2:14-17).
http://HeartMDPhD.com/Love