A Spirit-guided exegesis of Malachi 1:2-3.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jun 1, 2008, 4:42:58 AM6/1/08
"I have loved you," says the LORD.

"But you ask, 'How have You loved us?'

"Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" the LORD says. "Yet I have loved Jacob, but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his mountains into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals." (Malachi 1:2-3)

*** end Scripture reading ***

A Spirit-guided exegesis:

Yes, LORD Almighty GOD, Who is love and the Author of all reality, is able to hate and HE hated Esau.

Therefore, it is wise not to either say or think of anything that would remind GOD of Esau.

The focus here is on Esau's inheritance.

It is written that Esau gave his inheritance away for only a single meal ! ! !

How did this happen?

The answer is found in Genesis 25:29-34...

Once when Jacob was cooking some stew, Esau came in from the open country, famished. He said to Jacob, "Quick, let me have some of that red stew! I'm famished!"

Jacob replied, "First sell me your birthright."

"Look, I am about to die," Esau said. "What good is the birthright to me?"

But Jacob said, "Swear to me first." So he swore an oath to him, selling his birthright to Jacob.

Then Jacob gave Esau some bread and some lentil stew. He ate and drank, and then got up and left.

So Esau despised his birthright. (Genesis 25:29-34)

*** end Scripture reading ***

And thus, GOD hated Esau because Esau despised that which GOD gave Esau especially Esau's birthright (inheritance).

When we say (or think) "I am so hungry that I am famished (starving) ! ! !" this reminds GOD of Esau, whom HE hates ! ! !

This lie that "hunger is bad because it means we are starving" is one of satan's greatest lies and is piercing many people with many sorrows.

The way to counter this terrible lie from satan is to know that...

Hunger is wonderful ! ! !

May dear neighbors, friends, and brethren have a blessedly wonderful 2008th year since the birth of our LORD Jesus Christ as the Son of Man ...

.. by being hungrier:

http://TruthRUS.org/KnowingGOD

Hunger is wonderful:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Hunger

It's how we know what GOD desires, which is all that is good.

Yes, hunger is our knowledge of good versus evil that Adam and Eve paid for with their and our immortal lives.

Those who suffer from the powerful delusion predicted by the prophecy of 2 Thessalonians 2:9-11 would deny this and perish ( gone !!! ) forever ...

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyOne

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyTwo

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyThree

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/CrazyFour

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts/Bob

.. gone:

http://YouTube.com/watch?v=Qb6d_z5C35E

Such will be the demise of all those who refuse to know **and** love the truth, Who is LORD Jesus Christ:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Love/TheTruth

"Blessed are you who hunger NOW...

.. for you will be satisfied." -- LORD Jesus Christ (Luke 6:21)

Amen.

Here is a Spirit-guided exegesis of Luke 6:21...

http://TruthRUS.org/HolySpirit/Luke6_21

May all souls choose to become healthier:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/BeHealthy

Here is a simple parable given in hopes of promoting much greater understanding:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Parable

Be hungry... be healthy... be hungrier... be healthier:

http://TheWellnessFoundation.com/BeHealthier

Marana tha

Prayerfully in the infinite power and might of the Holy Spirit,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Lawful steward of http://EmoryCardiology.com