Question for Dr. Chung

瀏覽次數:1 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

T...@boathouse.invalid

未讀,
2006年12月23日 晚上9:07:032006/12/23
收件者:
In reading through this group for a couple of days, it seems as though
you are the resident cardiologist here. I posted a question recently,
but you might have missed it since there are a lot of posts in this
group, and this is a busy time of year.

It seems well known that people experience more ectopic events and/or
afib when lying on the left side. I am NOT referring to the tendency
to NOTICE heartbeats more on the left side, but the actual occurrence
of more events when on the left side. Checking the web produced a lot
of comments noting the effect, but I cold find no real explanation of
why it occurs. I'd like to know the mechanisms or causes of the
increase in ectopic events, and why they are related to body position.

I'd like to thank you in advance, and wish you a very, very wonderful
Christmas.

Tom

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

未讀,
2006年12月24日 凌晨1:05:212006/12/24
收件者:
T...@boathouse.invalid wrote:
> In reading through this group for a couple of days, it seems as though
> you are the resident cardiologist here.

GOD, Creator of heaven and earth, has placed me here.

> I posted a question recently,
> but you might have missed it since there are a lot of posts in this
> group, and this is a busy time of year.

The Holy Spirit guided me to not answer your query at the time.

> It seems well known that people experience more ectopic events and/or
> afib when lying on the left side. I am NOT referring to the tendency
> to NOTICE heartbeats more on the left side, but the actual occurrence
> of more events when on the left side. Checking the web produced a lot
> of comments noting the effect, but I cold find no real explanation of
> why it occurs. I'd like to know the mechanisms or causes of the
> increase in ectopic events, and why they are related to body position.

Lying on the left side does shift the heart in a manner that increases
the traction on the left atrium of the heart by way of the multiple
pulmonary veins. This area where the pulmonary veins connect with the
left atrium is known to be the site of ectopy that can lead to atrial
fibrillation. Indeed, the maze procedures used to ablate atrial
fibrillation focus on this area.

> I'd like to thank you in advance

You are welcome.

All thanks and praises belong to GOD, Whom I love with all my heart,
soul, mind, and strength.

>, and wish you a very, very wonderful
> Christmas.

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for the birth of HIS
one and only begotten Son, LORD Jesus Christ, Who chose to suffer
terribly and die horribly on the cross to save us from our deadly sins.

HIS rising up on that fantastic third day is indeed wonderful.

Laus Deo !

May GOD continue to heal our hearts with HIS living water so that we
can love our neighbors a little more and LORD Jesus Christ a lot more,
dear Tom whom I love unconditionally.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA

As for knowing who are the very elect, these you will know by the
unconditional love they have for everyone including their enemies
(Matthew 5:44-45, 1 Corinthians 13:3, James 2:14-17).
http://HeartMDPhD.com/Love

Al

未讀,
2006年12月25日 上午9:14:212006/12/25
收件者:
Chunk was asked a legit cardiology question (why, I'll never know). The
follow up, and his absolutely frigging ridiculous answer:

From the questioner:

> I posted a question recently, but you might have missed it since
there are a lot of posts in this
> group, and this is a busy time of year.

Chunk's laughable nonsense answer:

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

未讀,
2006年12月25日 上午10:09:442006/12/25
收件者:

Clearly you remain convicted by the Holy Spirit:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts

Art Deco

未讀,
2006年12月25日 下午2:03:362006/12/25
收件者:

What a frothy little spammer you are, Chunk.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you too.

Dr. GroundAxe

未讀,
2006年12月26日 上午9:44:002006/12/26
收件者:

You too shall soon be convicted...for fraud.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

未讀,
2006年12月26日 上午11:43:252006/12/26
收件者:
Neighbor GroundAxe wrote:

Without the LORD, your fantasies are meaningless (Ecclesiastes).

May GOD continue to heal our hearts with HIS living water curing our
depression, anxiety or panic so that we can love our neighbors a little
more and LORD Jesus Christ a lot more, dear neighbor whom I love

Art Deco

未讀,
2006年12月26日 中午12:25:272006/12/26
收件者:
Andy B. Chunk in the "holy sprit" stroked his own ego and wrote:

>Neighbor GroundAxe wrote:

>> > Clearly you remain convicted by the Holy Spirit:
>> >
>> > http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts
>>
>> You too shall soon be convicted...for fraud.
>
>Without the LORD, your fantasies are meaningless (Ecclesiastes).

Got the exact reference for this "quote", fraud?

Pastor Kutchie

未讀,
2006年12月26日 下午4:15:122006/12/26
收件者:

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

> Neighbor GroundAxe wrote:
> > Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:

> > > Clearly you remain convicted by the Holy Spirit:
> > >
> > > http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts
> >
> > You too shall soon be convicted...for fraud.
>
> Without the LORD, your fantasies are meaningless (Ecclesiastes).

Actually, Ecclesiastes (Kohelet) neither says that or means it. I've
read the Wholly Babble from cover to cover, Earthquack. Don't fuck with
me.

T...@boathouse.invalid

未讀,
2006年12月30日 下午4:34:482006/12/30
收件者:
On 23 Dec 2006 22:05:21 -0800, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
<lov...@thetruth.com> wrote:

>T...@boathouse.invalid wrote:
>
>> It seems well known that people experience more ectopic events and/or
>> afib when lying on the left side. I am NOT referring to the tendency
>> to NOTICE heartbeats more on the left side, but the actual occurrence
>> of more events when on the left side. Checking the web produced a lot
>> of comments noting the effect, but I cold find no real explanation of
>> why it occurs. I'd like to know the mechanisms or causes of the
>> increase in ectopic events, and why they are related to body position.
>
>Lying on the left side does shift the heart in a manner that increases
>the traction on the left atrium of the heart by way of the multiple
>pulmonary veins. This area where the pulmonary veins connect with the
>left atrium is known to be the site of ectopy that can lead to atrial
>fibrillation. Indeed, the maze procedures used to ablate atrial
>fibrillation focus on this area.

I was aware that pulmonary veins were the source of many ectopic
events, but not how the left side made it worse.. Your mention of
traction was a big help. It led me to finding out about stretch
receptors and their role in the mechanics of this process. Stretch
seems to produce multiple electromechanical effects, though, so the
exact mechanisms are still a bit unclear to me. Given the variety of
effects, it might be that different effects are more or less important
in different people. And, it is not that clear to me how this trigger
can produce sustained afib unless the afib produces significant
changes by itself. It seems to be related to feedback effects in afib,
and I'm trying to understand that better.

The physiology gets a bit involved too. I am not clear if the real
problem is associated primarily with myocardial extensions around PV's
or if there still can be significant ectopic sources in normal,
non-extended or non-dilated PV's.

In any case, I now have a much better understanding of what happens
mechanically. It is quite complex, though, so I have much more to
learn.

>> I'd like to thank you in advance

And I'd like to thank you after the fact too. Your description was
quite helpful.

As a devout person, I'm sure your Christmas was very happy and filled
with joy, as was mine. I wish you a happy New Year also.

Tom

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

未讀,
2006年12月30日 下午4:55:552006/12/30
收件者:
T...@boathouse.invalid wrote:

LORD GOD Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, is the Source of all
knowledge and wisdom.

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/love.asp

> As a devout person

Actually, I am not religious.

>, I'm sure your Christmas was very happy and filled
> with joy, as was mine.

The Holy Spirit led me to share with some wide-eyed children about
Jesus' childhood that only HE could possibly have known.

Their eyes got wider along with the eyes of the grown-ups who caught
themselves listening in on what the Holy Spirit had me say. My dear
beloved wife of 16 years simply smiled as the adults looked at her
questioningly about what they were hearing. My dear little 4 year old
daughter simply giggled knowingly as we had earlier in the day
privately celebrated Jesus' birthday by singing "Happy Birthday" to HIM
and blowing out the candle to HIS cake.

Then HE guided me to give out gifts that HE had chosen for each child.
The children asked how I knew what was in their hearts. I replied that
I did not but that GOD did.

> I wish you a happy New Year also.

Many thanks, much praise, and all the glory to GOD for your kind heart.

> Tom

May GOD continue to heal our hearts with HIS living water so that we

can love our neighbors a little more and LORD Jesus Christ a whole lot

Demon Chunky Style

未讀,
2006年12月30日 下午5:44:162006/12/30
收件者:

Andrew Benhua Chung, of the Ridgeview Institute, wrote:
> The Holy Spirit led me to share with some wide-eyed children about
> Jesus' childhood that only HE could possibly have known.

And some wide-eyed (with incredulity) adults, no doubt...

> Their eyes got wider along with the eyes of the grown-ups who caught
> themselves listening in on what the Holy Spirit had me say.

I didn't tell you to say anything, liar. Leave me (The Holy Spirit) out
of it.

> My dear beloved wife of 16 years simply smiled as the adults looked at her
> questioningly about what they were hearing.

Oh. I see. This was all a flashback dream, since your wife was still
around instead of in CA with a PFA order.
Now tell everyone what the adults did when you were taken away by the
nice men.

>My dear little 4 year old daughter simply giggled knowingly as we had earlier in the day
> privately celebrated Jesus' birthday by singing "Happy Birthday" to HIM
> and blowing out the candle to HIS cake.

Was (((HE))) wearing one of those silly cone hats?

Amazing how effective your message seems to be with gullible children
and the mentally challenged.

> Then HE guided me to give out gifts that HE had chosen for each child.
> The children asked how I knew what was in their hearts. I replied that
> I did not but that GOD did.

...and then he went straight home for yet another 36-hour Usenet
posting marathon.

You were dropped on your head as an intern, right?

Sincerely,
The Holy Spirit

P.S. You remain convicted. Tough shit if you don't like it.

Art Deco

未讀,
2006年12月30日 晚上8:49:242006/12/30
收件者:
Andy B. Chunk in the "holy sprit" stroked his own ego and wrote:

>T...@boathouse.invalid wrote:

>> And I'd like to thank you after the fact too. Your description was
>> quite helpful.

Be sure to ask him about his two-pound fat diet and the million-dollar
guarantee that goes along with it.

>You are welcome.
>
>All thanks and praises belong to GOD, Whom I love with all my heart,
>soul, mind, and strength:

You haven't "convicted" him and listed him on your kookshite yet,
Chunk. Get cracking.

--
Official "netcabal.com demon"

Art Deco

未讀,
2006年12月30日 晚上8:52:322006/12/30
收件者:
Demon Chunky Style <redja...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Andrew Benhua Chung, of the Ridgeview Institute, wrote:
>> The Holy Spirit led me to share with some wide-eyed children about
>> Jesus' childhood that only HE could possibly have known.
>
>And some wide-eyed (with incredulity) adults, no doubt...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

More of his clairvoyant schtick. The adults were probably all
thinking: "Now I know what to do with that fruitcake Aunt Agnes sent
this year."

--
Official "netcabal.com demon"

Jason Johnson

未讀,
2007年1月7日 凌晨2:27:182007/1/7
收件者:

Dr. Chung,
I have seen several posts in another newsgroup related to Capsaicin.
I don't know nothing about Capsaicin--Is it a medication or a supplement?
The post stated that it was a cure for Type 1 diabetes. Is that true?

I know somone that has Type 1 diabetes which is the reason for my
questions.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

未讀,
2007年1月7日 凌晨2:55:102007/1/7
收件者:
Jason Johnson wrote:
> Dr. Chung,
> I have seen several posts in another newsgroup related to Capsaicin.
> I don't know nothing about Capsaicin--Is it a medication or a supplement?

It deadens pain nerve fibers as medication.

> The post stated that it was a cure for Type 1 diabetes. Is that true?

Not for humans.

> I know somone that has Type 1 diabetes which is the reason for my
> questions.

Understandably.

> Thanks in advance,
> Jason

You are welcome, Jason :-)

All thanks and praises belong to GOD, Whom I love with all my heart,

soul, mind, and strength.

May GOD continue to heal our hearts with HIS living water curing our
diabetes, depression, anxiety or panic so that we can love our
neighbors a little more and LORD Jesus Christ a lot more, dear friend
Jason whom I love unconditionally.

Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung
Cardiologist, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit

As for knowing who are the very elect, these you will know by the
unconditional love they have for everyone including their enemies
(Matthew 5:44-45, 1 Corinthians 13:3, James 2:14-17).
http://HeartMDPhD.com/Love

Meanwhile, HIS brethren have been blessed:

http://MabletonGA.OurLittle.net/DreadNought

... and continue to be blessed:

http://MabletonGA.OurLittle.net/Guarantee

(note: Only those who are blessed by LORD GOD Almighty, Creator of
heaven and earth, will have access to these and other related
OurLittle.net articles per a secure IP database maintained by
TheWellnessFoundation.com)

Jeff

未讀,
2007年1月7日 中午12:57:542007/1/7
收件者:

"Jason Johnson" <ja...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Dr. Chung,
> I have seen several posts in another newsgroup related to Capsaicin.
> I don't know nothing about Capsaicin--Is it a medication or a supplement?

Capsaicin is the stuff that makes hot peppers hot.

> The post stated that it was a cure for Type 1 diabetes. Is that true?

No, it was used to demostrate that certain nerves have a role to play in
diabetes. Unfortuantely, there would be many side effects with this
treatment if it were done in humans. It prevented diabetes, not cured it.

> I know somone that has Type 1 diabetes which is the reason for my
> questions.

I am glad that you are asking questions. Yours are good questions.

The research that was done will help researchers understand diabetes better
and open up new lines of research. However, it will be some time before it
leads to new treatments, I think.

Jeff

> Thanks in advance,
> Jason

William Wagner

未讀,
2007年1月7日 下午2:15:162007/1/7
收件者:
In article <Cwaoh.1453$GL.623@trndny06>, "Jeff" <je...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Here is a few Pubmed abstracts dealing with Cinnamon.

Bill who takes a gram a day.

Cinnamon supplementation does not improve glycemic control in
postmenopausal type 2 diabetes patients.

€ Vanschoonbeek K, Thomassen BJ, Senden JM, Wodzig WK, van Loon LJ.
Department of Human Biology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research
Institute, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands.
K.Vansc...@HB.unimaas.nl
In vitro and in vivo animal studies have reported strong insulin-like or
insulin-potentiating effects after cinnamon administration. Recently, a
human intervention study showed that cinnamon supplementation (1 g/d)
strongly reduced fasting blood glucose concentration (30%) and improved
the blood lipid profile in patients with type 2 diabetes. The objective
of this study was to investigate the effects of cinnamon supplementation
on insulin sensitivity and/or glucose tolerance and blood lipid profile
in patients with type 2 diabetes. Therefore, a total of 25
postmenopausal patients with type 2 diabetes (aged 62.9 +/- 1.5 y, BMI
30.4 +/- 0.9 kg/m2) participated in a 6-wk intervention during which
they were supplemented with either cinnamon (Cinnamomum cassia, 1.5 g/d)
or a placebo. Before and after 2 and 6 wk of supplementation,
arterialized blood samples were obtained and oral glucose tolerance
tests were performed. Blood lipid profiles and multiple indices of
whole-body insulin sensitivity were determined. There were no time x
treatment interactions for whole-body insulin sensitivity or oral
glucose tolerance. The blood lipid profile of fasting subjects did not
change after cinnamon supplementation.

We conclude that cinnamon supplementation (1.5 g/d) does not improve
whole-body insulin sensitivity or oral glucose tolerance and does not
modulate blood lipid profile in postmenopausal patients with type 2
diabetes. More research on the proposed health benefits of cinnamon
supplementation is warranted before health claims should be made.

PMID: 16549460 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Effects of a cinnamon extract on plasma glucose, HbA, and serum lipids
in diabetes mellitus type 2.

€ Mang B, Wolters M, Schmitt B, Kelb K, Lichtinghagen R, Stichtenoth
DO, Hahn A.
Nutrition Physiology and Human Nutrition Unit, Institute of Food
Science, University of Hannover, Hannover, Germany.
BACKGROUND: According to previous studies, cinnamon may have a positive
effect on the glycaemic control and the lipid profile in patients with
diabetes mellitus type 2. The aim of this trial was to determine whether
an aqueous cinnamon purified extract improves glycated haemoglobin A1c
(HbA1c), fasting plasma glucose, total cholesterol, low-density
lipoprotein (LDL), high-density lipoprotein (HDL) and triacylglycerol
concentrations in patients with type 2 diabetes. METHODS: A total of 79
patients with diagnosed diabetes mellitus type 2 not on insulin therapy
but treated with oral antidiabetics or diet were randomly assigned to
take either a cinnamon extract or a placebo capsule three times a day
for 4 months in a double-blind study. The amount of aqueous cinnamon
extract corresponded to 3 g of cinnamon powder per day. RESULTS: The
mean absolute and percentage differences between the pre- and
post-intervention fasting plasma glucose level of the cinnamon and
placebo groups were significantly different. There was a significantly
higher reduction in the cinnamon group (10.3%) than in the placebo group
(3.4%). No significant intragroup or intergroup differences were
observed regarding HbA1c, lipid profiles or differences between the pre-
and postintervention levels of these variables. The decrease in plasma
glucose correlated significantly with the baseline concentrations,
indicating that subjects with a higher initial plasma glucose level may
benefit more from cinnamon intake. No adverse effects were observed.

CONCLUSIONS: The cinnamon extract seems to have a moderate effect in
reducing fasting plasma glucose concentrations in diabetic patients with
poor glycaemic control.

PMID: 16634838 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Cinnamaldehyde-A potential antidiabetic agent.

€ Subash Babu P, Prabuseenivasan S, Ignacimuthu S.
Division of Ethnopharmacology, Entomology Research Institute, Loyola
College, Chennai 600 034, Tamil Nadu, India.
Cinnamonum zeylanicum (cinnamon) is widely used in traditional system of
medicine to treat diabetes in India. The present study was carried out
to isolate and identify the putative antidiabetic compounds based on
bioassay-guided fractionation; the compound identified decreased the
plasma glucose levels. The active compound was purified by repeat column
and structure of cinnamaldehyde was determined on the basis of chemical
and physiochemical evidence. The LD(50) value of cinnamaldehyde was
determined as 1850+/-37mg/kg bw. Cinnamaldehyde was administered at
different doses (5, 10 and 20mg/kg bw) for 45 days to streptozotocin
(STZ) (60mg/kg bw)-induced male diabetic wistar rats. It was found that
plasma glucose concentration was significantly (p<0.05) decreased in a
dose-dependent manner (63.29%) compared to the control. In addition,
oral administration of cinnamaldehyde (20mg/kg bw) significantly
decreased glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA(1C)), serum total cholesterol,
triglyceride levels and at the same time markedly increased plasma
insulin, hepatic glycogen and high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol
levels. Also cinnamaldehyde restored the altered plasma enzyme
(aspartate aminotransferase, alanine aminotransferase, lactate
dehydrogenase, alkaline phosphatase and acid phosphatase) levels to near
normal. Administration of glibenclamide, a reference drug (0.6mg/kg bw)
also produced a significant (p<0.05) reduction in blood glucose
concentration in STZ-induced diabetic rats.

The results of this experimental study indicate that cinnamaldehyde
possesses hypoglycemic and hypolipidemic effects in STZ-induced diabetic
rats.
PMID: 17140783 [PubMed - in process]

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Jason Johnson

未讀,
2007年1月7日 下午4:32:182007/1/7
收件者:
In article <Cwaoh.1453$GL.623@trndny06>, "Jeff" <je...@hotmail.com> wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeff,
Thanks. I am glad that I did not tell my friend about Capsaicin. It would
have given him "false hope."
Have a Happy New Year,
Jason

Jeff